Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.

Go down 
+10
mouldyoldgoat
Graiser
RegGreen
seadog
Freathy
Jambo Pasty
Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
Grovehill
Czarcasm
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  Empty
PostSubject: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 6:12 pm

Whilst all ATDers clearly can’t wait for us to get tonked 0-5 by Warnocks Warriors on Matchday 1, so that we can pronounce that we are CLEARLY the SHITTEST team EVER to grace the Championship (ok not everyone, just Freathy), let’s pause for thought in light of this weeks signings, and see who can predict exactly where we’ll finish come May’24.  

With a bucket full of Whittaker&Mumba fuelled optimism, I’m going…..

15th. No drama. Safe.

Over to you ATD. sunny

Edited to Add. 15th is now taken. No duplicate positions!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 6:42 pm

12th-3 places above PNE who will change managers before Christmas
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 6:45 pm

1st champions, look out man city were coming for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 6:50 pm

21st minimum for me anything above that is a welcome bonus i just want us to stay up more importantly if all areas of our team click i wouldnt rule out a top mid table finish. We have made some great summer signings so far which have strengthen our cause no end but we do still need to improve up front and secure some experience in defence and midfield im holding on to the fact we could bring back Azaz Too Smile
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 7:03 pm

In light of the 2 marquee signings this week I've revised my expectations up 1 place to 23rd. Glad I'm not going.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 7:24 pm

20th is my prediction. Squeaky bum time but I feel there will be just enough to make next season
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 7:51 pm

A very long hard season finishing 19th.  We simply must survive to benefit from the new Sky TV deal cash from 24/25 season.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 8:08 pm

14th, we can do this.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 1:23 am

Anythink above the drop will do me
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 6:24 am

With respect RegGreen that’s a bit of a cop out. “Above the drop” is merely a hope not a prediction !
Bad boy -100 lines by Monday “I must grow a pair of Nads”
So what’s your predicted Argo placing for the season (placing ‘on the nose’ please)?
👍🏻
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 9:26 am

Jambo Pasty wrote:
With respect RegGreen that’s a bit of a cop out. “Above the drop” is merely a hope not a prediction !
Bad boy -100 lines by Monday “I must grow a pair of Nads”
So what’s your predicted Argo placing for the season (placing ‘on the nose’ please)?
👍🏻
tbh jambo im not sure yet just yet.
That’s why I said just above the drop zone will do me !
But I will wait till the Whittaker & mumba europhia has dieds down a bit and we get the 5 other players in that are needed and what quality they are then I will give a final position number by then ..but as you said jambo it’s just hope at this moment in time
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 9:40 am

👍🏻
All very sensible logic my friend. We’ll await your final verdict in due course.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 9:47 am

Well we’ve seen the likes of Sunderland, Ipswich etc spending several millions on single players, however we only see these players on the TV highlights which naturally just show the best bits we don’t know how they perform over the 90mins.
We have an excellent manager and coaching team, no doubt this season will be harder but I’ll stick my neck out and say a playoff position
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 2:24 pm

10th

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 4:04 pm

13th
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 4:49 pm

With the quality players we have and those yet to come, we'll be fine in 9th.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 8:53 pm

Tringreen wrote:
13th

Great minds think alike Tringers. Good early season form to gather a few points,bit of a slump, judicious strengthening in January, comfortable finish.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 11:10 am

21st.

Going to be a monumental struggle for Argyle this term.

Should have enough in the tank to just avoid returning to L1.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 12:42 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
13th

Great minds think alike Tringers. Good early season form to gather a few points,bit of a slump, judicious strengthening in January, comfortable finish.

Indeed.........trust you are as well as age allows dear boy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.    The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Championship Final Position Predictor thread.
Page 1 of 1