Les Miserable
PlymptonPilgrim
10 posters
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Manager of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 10:15 pm

Schuey just been named EFL L1 Manager of the Year.

Bali got the L1 Young Player of the Year.

Coops and Bali named in the L1 Team of the Year.

Well done to them and very well deserved.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 10:26 pm

Fully deserved, especially Shoe E

Now let's put the icing on the cake and finish the job.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 8:37 am

Well deserved with the budget we have compared to Peterborough, Pompey, Derby, Barnsley, Ipswich and Wednesday to name a few he has massively overachieved. The most impressive thing for me has been how he has managed with the loan recalls and injuries this season, hasn't always been pretty but he has lost some of the naivety of last season. Argyle Legend for now and always.
As Les says lets finish it off, shame they didn't wait until the end of season really.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 8:41 am

From the dribblers,

League win percentages of the last 12 managers:
Steven Schumacher - 59.4%
Ryan Lowe – 42.7%
Derek Adams - 44.1%
John Sheridan - 38.9%
Carl Fletcher - 23.8%
Peter Reid - 27.3%
Paul Mariner - 25.9%
Paul Sturrock 2 - 28.7%
Ian Holloway - 37.1%
Tony Pulis - 29.7%
Bobby Williamson - 32.7%
Paul Sturrock 1 - 50.3%

Quite incredible stats these considering how bleddy tight this league is.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 8:46 am

Schuey is destined for bigger things.  Even if we go up huge budget Championship clubs will no doubt have him high on their wanted list for next season when the inevitable sackings start.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 9:03 am

Freathy wrote:
Schuey is destined for bigger things.  Even if we go up huge budget Championship clubs will no doubt have him high on their wanted list for next season when the inevitable sackings start.

If the blather about sustainable CCC football is to be believed then we need to raise the bar on our playing budget massively, we can't keep punching above our weight to the same degree we have been, lose Schuey and he will take players with him, signing quality players with a cheap option replacement just won't happen. Without increased capacity we are doomed, we should shelve the £12m training pitch scheme for 12 months and fill in the corners at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 10:33 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

If the blather about sustainable CCC football is to be believed then we need to raise the bar on our playing budget massively, we can't keep punching above our weight to the same degree we have been, lose Schuey and he will take players with him, signing quality players with a cheap option replacement just won't happen. Without increased capacity we are doomed, we should shelve the £12m training pitch scheme for 12 months and fill in the corners at the very least.
I don't believe what is said about becoming a sustainable Championship club.  Hallett and the yanks are clearly about property not players, well that is property until it comes to increasing HP capacity despite most games being very close to or actual sell outs this season. If we go up, Hallett better have a plan to attract player investment next season because income from a HP capacity of 16,000 won't be enough.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 6:24 pm

he truly deserved it he has had a great season and the future is very bright for him and hopefully we get to benefit from that for a few more seasons yet! congrats to the boss.

congrats also to bali mumba for winning young player of the year and for being named in the top 11 alongside Michael Cooper too.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 8:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
From the dribblers,

Ryan Lowe – 42.7%
Derek Adams - 44.1%
John Sheridan - 38.9%
Carl Fletcher - 23.8%
Peter Reid - 27.3%
Paul Mariner - 25.9%
Paul Sturrock 2 - 28.7%
Ian Holloway - 37.1%
Tony Pulis - 29.7%
Bobby Williamson - 32.7%
Paul Sturrock 1 - 50.3%

Incredible win percentage compared to the others, even luggy mk1
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 9:26 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
From the dribblers,

Ryan Lowe – 42.7%
Derek Adams - 44.1%
John Sheridan - 38.9%
Carl Fletcher - 23.8%
Peter Reid - 27.3%
Paul Mariner - 25.9%
Paul Sturrock 2 - 28.7%
Ian Holloway - 37.1%
Tony Pulis - 29.7%
Bobby Williamson - 32.7%
Paul Sturrock 1 - 50.3%

is that for a manager's first 100 games in charge stats or a mangers overall reign?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 9:30 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
From the dribblers,

Ryan Lowe – 42.7%
Derek Adams - 44.1%
John Sheridan - 38.9%
Carl Fletcher - 23.8%
Peter Reid - 27.3%
Paul Mariner - 25.9%
Paul Sturrock 2 - 28.7%
Ian Holloway - 37.1%
Tony Pulis - 29.7%
Bobby Williamson - 32.7%
Paul Sturrock 1 - 50.3%

What's even more incredible is that even with those stats we aren't guaranteed to go up as champions.Read somewhere else that Ipswich have the best stats in all four of the football leagues, best GD, goals for, possession, everything. It's been an incredible league and the hardest league 1 ever imo.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 5:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

for this reason more so we cant let them lift the trophy next week we got to win both games and stick it to them for this. There is no doubt McKenna has had a fantastic season as ipswich boss as has darren moore till recently but to walkout because schuey won who has done a phenomenal job seeing as he hasn't had the budget or squad size those two clubs have and to have kept us top for long periods he was the rightful winner.

Last edited by Angry on Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 6:35 pm

Consider the budgets then you have to give it to Schuey, spoilt bastards.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 8:02 pm

feckin wankers!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 9:16 pm

I know everyone hates Barton but at least he had the grace to congratulate Schuey and the players and thats after getting called a wanker all night.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 11:59 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Exactamundoroonydoodles. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyWed May 31, 2023 5:03 pm

Schumacher won the LMA manager of the year for league one last night congrats to him. Especially to even be that high on the list for nominations for the sir alex ferguson award considering the names he was up against is no mean feet either.

Link

From the link wrote:
Argyle manager Steven Schumacher was named as the Sky Bet League One Manager of the Year at the LMA Awards on Tuesday night.

The LMA – League Managers’ Association – vote each year for the outstanding manager in each division, and after Argyle won League One with 101 points to clinch a return to the Championship, Schumacher picked up another award to add to his collection.

The LMA awards are voted for by all managers in their respective divisions. The whole LMA membership also vote for an overall winner, for the Sir Alex Ferguson Trophy, which was won by Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, who also scooped the Premier League award.

Schumacher was included in the top six of the voting for this award, with the other contenders named as Mikel Arteta of Arsenal; Brighton & Hove Albion boss Roberto De Zerbi; Eddie Howe of Newcastle United; and Burnley’s Vincent Kompany.

Schumacher said: “I’m delighted to be named as League One Manager of the Year, especially as it is voted for by the managers themselves. To be honoured by your peers is always a good feeling. There were some very talented coaches doing excellent jobs in League One last season, and I’m grateful to be recognised.

"It was also a huge honour to be nominated for the Sir Alex Ferguson award alongside some of the best coaches and managers in the world.

“Of course, everything we have achieved this season has been a huge team effort, so I accept the award on behalf of everyone at Argyle: that includes the players, my support staff, the club staff and the club management.”

Kompany was given the Sky Bet Championship award, with Richie Wellens of Leyton Orient named top boss for League Two. Chelsea manager Emma Hayes won the Women’s Super League award, with Bristol City boss Lauren Smith winning for the Championship.

The inaugural John Duncan award, named for the former Ipswich Town and Chesterfield manager, who died last year, was give to former Manchester United player and Stoke manager Lou Macari in recognition for his many years of selfless charity work.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyWed May 31, 2023 5:29 pm

Well done, well deserved.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyWed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm

There’s a bit of me thinks I hope we have just a so so season next year so Schumacher hangs around a bit longer but the other bit of me thinks we may do well next season and he could be offski
Well done on the award though.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyWed May 31, 2023 10:16 pm

Graiser wrote:
There’s a bit of me thinks I hope we have just a so so season next year so Schumacher hangs around a bit longer but the other bit of me thinks we may do well next season and he could be offski

If he keeps us up next season that will be as good as winning the title for me. His stock is rising if he can show he can get results in this league he wont be short of offers to move on up to a bigger club than ours.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 10:04 am

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

If he keeps us up next season that will be as good as winning the title for me. His stock is rising if he can show he can get results in this league he wont be short of offers to move on up to a bigger club than ours.

The first hurdle will be getting through the summer without him being poached. He signed a new improved contract not long ago, so hopefully there’ll be clauses attached to that relating to a BIG payout clause that would put off would-be suitors.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 2:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

The first hurdle will be getting through the summer without him being poached. He signed a new improved contract not long ago, so hopefully there’ll be clauses attached to that relating to a BIG payout clause that would put off would-be suitors.

i dont think he will, most clubs will be wanting to see how he handles the championsjip first before making a play for him, given the lifespan of a new manager at a big championsjip club isnt long they wont take the gamble on a new talent till they are certain it will pay off for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manager of the Year   Manager of the Year Empty

Back to top Go down

Manager of the Year
Page 1 of 1