Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 A Freeze on season ticket sales

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2792
Join date : 2021-12-06

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 6:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23/24 Ticketing Update from the link wrote:

Having entered the final month of an enthralling Sky Bet League One campaign, we are writing to supporters to provide an update on ticketing for the 23/24 season.

News on season tickets for the upcoming campaign is just around the corner, and we thank supporters for their patience.

In order to help supporters make their decisions ahead of next season, we are able to confirm a few items in advance of releasing season ticket information.

Firstly, with 10,000 season ticket holders currently attending games at Home Park, it is unlikely that the club will be in a position to accept new season ticket applications. There are two exceptions to this rule, however.

Firstly, Evergreen members who signed up before 15 March will be eligible to apply for a season ticket. This will also be an option for supporters who hold a 22/23 Flexi ticket.

The offer to Flexi ticket holders comes in tandem with the difficult decision to end the Flexi ticket scheme from next season.

It is the consistently high attendances at Home Park which have ultimately led to the decision to end the Flexi ticket scheme.

In its various guises, from White memberships to Flexi tickets, the scheme was designed to provide a discounted option for supporters who could not justify a season ticket, but could commit to a number of home fixtures on a priority basis. In return, at a time in which Home Park was rarely approaching capacity, Argyle were beneficiaries of a future commitment from supporters to attend games, and a steady influx of ticketing revenue.

However, the landscape has changed at Home Park. 15 of our 20 league fixtures at the Theatre of Greens have sold out this season, with the prospect of more on the cards. Demand has invariably outstripped supply, and sales of tickets at the Flexi rate significant reduces the club’s ticketing turnover for matches where demand for tickets exceeds our capacity – a regular, and growing, occurrence.

In addition, the introduction of the club’s membership scheme, Evergreen, provides an alternative means for supporters without a season ticket to gain ticketing priority over General Sale. With over 2,000 members and rising, there is a solid overlap between supporters who are Evergreen members and those who hold a Flexi ticket.

The club acknowledges that this will be disappointing to a number of supporters who currently benefit from Flexi ticket status, and we sympathise.

However, by communicating this decision well ahead of next season, and by offering the exclusive opportunity to upgrade to a season ticket, we have committed to providing multiple options for those who currently use the scheme.

Flexi ticket holders will have the chance to secure their seat at an almost unparalleled time in our history for attendances at Home Park, or elect to become an Evergreen member to not only retain ticketing priority, but also enjoy a more rounded package of benefits than holding a Flexi ticket.

We thank supporters for their understanding, and look forward to sharing season ticket information in due course.



Remember when brent and his mates where adamant we would never need a stadium bigger than 20000?

well we are on the verge of reaching the championship again and demand for tickets is higher than supply maybe this is cause for the club to get real and build those corners now rather than start the regeneration of the brickfields as a matter of priority. I thought it would be 10 years till the mankover became surplus to requirements in terms of suitability its still shocking even though expected that its not even been 5!!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 7:26 pm

At this rate they will be auctioning seats off soon. Not sure they care about capacity as if the 3pm sports blackout gets lifted he club can sell thousands of £10 Argo tv packages on top of the seats. It's getting real difficult to get tickets now, I was unable to get tickets to at least six games this season (including Lincoln thank fook) and I failed to get a city ticket despite me and the bhey tying. The evergreen thing is making our t all a bit elitist, keep the capacity as it is and we have some of the dearest tickets in the land.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2792
Join date : 2021-12-06

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 7:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
At this rate they will be auctioning seats off soon. Not sure they care about capacity as if the 3pm sports blackout gets lifted he club can sell thousands of £10 Argo tv packages on top of the seats. It's getting real difficult to get tickets now, I was unable to get tickets to at least six games this season (including Lincoln thank fook) and I failed to get a city ticket despite me and the bhey tying. The evergreen thing is making our t all a bit elitist, keep the capacity as it is and we have some of the dearest tickets in the land.

nothing beats being at a game live so regardless to the 3pm blackout being removed and fans who cant go to the game for whatever reasons there will still be a big demand for tickets to the games at home park they will still sell it out even if there are record numbers of ppv buys,
the club have really shot themselves in the foot with the mankover.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone


Posts : 1148
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Bluesville, Jannerbama

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 5:56 am

At the very least, the corners now need developing, and the Groanflower extended to the full length of the pitch to give us at least another 2-4k on capacity.

Alternatively, buy MK Dons stadium from them and plonk it at Brickfields. Job's a good un.

However. None of this will happen. We're not really visionary, or in the game of setting the bar higher - just happy to flip-flop between League 1 and 2 with the odd foray in the Championship, and take the money from the odd full house. It's been like this since 1886, when Spetimus Atterbury chinned the ref in the 2-0 win over the Kings Royal Hussars. It's the Argo way, init mheeeet.

Your average Janner spanner is more than content with this - I'm not. We need to think bigger, better.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5881
Join date : 2015-07-08

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 8:28 am

Dog Bone Malone wrote:
At the very least, the corners now need developing, and the Groanflower extended to the full length of the pitch to give us at least another 2-4k on capacity.

Alternatively, buy MK Dons stadium from them and plonk it at Brickfields. Job's a good un.

However. None of this will happen. We're not really visionary, or in the game of setting the bar higher - just happy to flip-flop between League 1 and 2 with the odd foray in the Championship, and take the money from the odd full house. It's been like this since 1886, when Spetimus Atterbury chinned the ref in the 2-0 win over the Kings Royal Hussars. It's the Argo way, init mheeeet.

Your average Janner spanner is more than content with this - I'm not. We need to think bigger, better.
absolutely
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 9:00 am

Dog Bone Malone wrote:
At the very least, the corners now need developing, and the Groanflower extended to the full length of the pitch to give us at least another 2-4k on capacity.

Alternatively, buy MK Dons stadium from them and plonk it at Brickfields. Job's a good un.

However. None of this will happen. We're not really visionary, or in the game of setting the bar higher - just happy to flip-flop between League 1 and 2 with the odd foray in the Championship, and take the money from the odd full house. It's been like this since 1886, when Spetimus Atterbury chinned the ref in the 2-0 win over the Kings Royal Hussars. It's the Argo way, init mheeeet.

Your average Janner spanner is more than content with this - I'm not. We need to think bigger, better.


I can't see how buying the training pitches and investing £12m would see as big a return as what you are suggesting? I suppose Sigh is throwing the dice on ST sales at the moment because if we fail to get promoted and then follow it with a mid table showing next season we won't need to capacity that we have now. Fickle bastards these Janners.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 9:01 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
At this rate they will be auctioning seats off soon. Not sure they care about capacity as if the 3pm sports blackout gets lifted he club can sell thousands of £10 Argo tv packages on top of the seats. It's getting real difficult to get tickets now, I was unable to get tickets to at least six games this season (including Lincoln thank fook) and I failed to get a city ticket despite me and the bhey tying. The evergreen thing is making our t all a bit elitist, keep the capacity as it is and we have some of the dearest tickets in the land.

nothing beats being at a game live so regardless to the 3pm blackout being removed and fans who cant go to the game for whatever reasons there will still be a big demand for tickets to the games at home park they will still sell it out even if there are record numbers of ppv buys,
the club have really shot themselves in the foot with the mankover.

Unless we miss out on promotion then the mankover will be adequate.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7023
Join date : 2011-05-12

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 9:02 am

With every ground 'improvement' the HP capacity has got less and less.  We must be the only club ever to keep decreasing capacity on purpose.  The mankover has made it harder to now do anything of any significance.  The ideal way forward would be to tear the ludicrous, lop sided, not fit for purpose mayflower stand completely down including excavating the rubble slope that forms the lower tier right back and building a proper 2 tier stand up from the same ground level of the horseshoe.  And build it so it stretches the full length of the pitch.  But as we're stuck with brent's mankover,  as been said, the absolute minimum should be to fill in the corners.  This should be done this year.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7023
Join date : 2011-05-12

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 9:07 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
At this rate they will be auctioning seats off soon. Not sure they care about capacity as if the 3pm sports blackout gets lifted he club can sell thousands of £10 Argo tv packages on top of the seats. It's getting real difficult to get tickets now, I was unable to get tickets to at least six games this season (including Lincoln thank fook) and I failed to get a city ticket despite me and the bhey tying. The evergreen thing is making our t all a bit elitist, keep the capacity as it is and we have some of the dearest tickets in the land.

nothing beats being at a game live so regardless to the 3pm blackout being removed and fans who cant go to the game for whatever reasons there will still be a big demand for tickets to the games at home park they will still sell it out even if there are record numbers of ppv buys,
the club have really shot themselves in the foot with the mankover.

Unless we miss out on promotion then the mankover will be adequate.
It's very likely we will miss out on promotion but this season has shown any hint of doing well even at this crap level brings in the crowds.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 10:49 am

Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
At this rate they will be auctioning seats off soon. Not sure they care about capacity as if the 3pm sports blackout gets lifted he club can sell thousands of £10 Argo tv packages on top of the seats. It's getting real difficult to get tickets now, I was unable to get tickets to at least six games this season (including Lincoln thank fook) and I failed to get a city ticket despite me and the bhey tying. The evergreen thing is making our t all a bit elitist, keep the capacity as it is and we have some of the dearest tickets in the land.

nothing beats being at a game live so regardless to the 3pm blackout being removed and fans who cant go to the game for whatever reasons there will still be a big demand for tickets to the games at home park they will still sell it out even if there are record numbers of ppv buys,
the club have really shot themselves in the foot with the mankover.

Unless we miss out on promotion then the mankover will be adequate.
It's very likely we will miss out on promotion but this season has shown any hint of doing well even at this crap level brings in the crowds.

But we only started selling out in January this season, if we are mid table next season and still in league 1 I reckon 11 or 12k would be more like it. If we want to see crowds of 25,000 crowds would expect a much better stamp of player which would mean a much bigger playing budget following investment of many millions on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 1:00 pm

Ticketing is still fooking useless. Just bought 2 tickets to Burton game which has taken all day due to seating plan not loading, payment site crashing then losing tickets due to timeout, it's a proper fooking wind up and would have been quicker to drive into Plymouth and queue up all morning. The 2 tickets I did get are two rows apart and about four out the other way.
Getting to be more trouble than it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7023
Join date : 2011-05-12

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 6:08 pm

Burton now sold out unless maybe Block 22 goes on sale to home fans.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 9:30 pm

The club need to sort out tickets, turnstiles, match day food and drink and the fooking useless TV streams, trouble is with all the jizzing Sigh gets up his leg Im sure he thinks it all works perfectly because he never strays out of the corporate zone.
It was easier to buy tickets in Stapes day and that isn't good enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Freeze on season ticket sales    A Freeze on season ticket sales  Empty

Back to top Go down
 
A Freeze on season ticket sales
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Season Ticket Sales?
» Season Ticket sales!
» Season Ticket Sales
» Season Ticket Sales Update
» Plymouth Argyle season ticket sales are up four per cent, reveals Michael Dunford

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: