mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 9:30 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing Butcher, Nigel and Gillhesphey as the back 3 next week, presuming he sticks with the 3 at the back system. Don't think Scarr has been any great shakes since his return in all honesty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 9:41 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Wouldn't mind seeing Butcher, Nigel and Gillhesphey as the back 3 next week, presuming he sticks with the 3 at the back system. Don't think Scarr has been any great shakes since his return in all honesty.

i agree about scarr, and that is even more evidence if ever it was doubted that we need to have some kind of reserve team football next season for guys like Scarr coming back from injury so they have a place to have some game time before being brought back into the first team fold and he can find his feet again and build up match fitness quicker and we wouldnt see what we have now a guy trying to play catch up fitness wise in important games and without added pressure. same ethos can be applied towards players not featuring in the first team asmuch to keep their sharpness up when called up.

The rehab program needs looking into
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 12:06 am

Greenskin wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Her we are one nil Thumbnsdown down at HTas usual, Argo should go on to win this easily now. Fooking Burton is rubbish. Change it up Shoey.
absolute shocker for 2nd how did he not save it

Some reasons why:

a. Wilson let his man have an ocean of space to turn

b. The shot went through Scarr's legs

c. The shot was reasonably powerful and well placed, virtually right in the corner in fact where it's doubtful that any keeper would have saved it

He isn't the greatest keeper to play for Argyle by any means but that defeat was bugger all to do with him and everything to do with people in front of him not doing their jobs properly.
to start with he was to far his left with the gapping whole to the right of the goal where he was to far over to the left and should have been positioned over to the right slightly more if you don’t think it’s his fault I suggest you watch the replay from behind the goal then you might change your mind then …in my opinion his not at fault for the build up to the goal but he should have kept it out
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 8:30 am

RegGreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Her we are one nil Thumbnsdown down at HTas usual, Argo should go on to win this easily now. Fooking Burton is rubbish. Change it up Shoey.

Some reasons why:

c. The shot was reasonably powerful and well placed, virtually right in the corner in fact where it's doubtful that any keeper would have saved it

He isn't the greatest keeper to play for Argyle by any means but that defeat was bugger all to do with him and everything to do with people in front of him not doing their jobs properly.
to start with he was to far his left with the gapping whole to the right of the goal where he was to far over to the left and should have been positioned over to the right slightly more if you don’t think it’s his fault I suggest you watch the replay from behind the goal then you might change your mind then …in my opinion his not at fault for the build up to the goal but he should have kept it out

I thought the first goal he should have done better, instead of sliding to his left he should have moved more towards the striker and closed the angle, he just slid out of his way.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 9:14 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Some reasons why:

I thought the first goal he should have done better, instead of sliding to his left he should have moved more towards the striker and closed the angle, he just slid out of his way.

Very clever Harv, taking over two new identities
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 12:40 pm

All we need now is shoee to tell the fans to get behind the team!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 1:42 pm

An absolute bad result against Lincoln. That is all I have to say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 4:50 pm

At least Mumba's injury not nearly as bad as first thought and he will be back hopefully in time for the home games.  Randall back in time for Saturday.  Galloway hopefully back if they can find something for his hand. Need Grant and Ennis back ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 5:19 pm

Randell will hopefully be what's been missing, give us a bit of control over games.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 9:48 am

Something has to change, FFS!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 10:38 am

Need to stop being so negative and enjoy the moment. Razz
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 6:27 pm

I think the pressure (or the number of games) is beginning to tell on the top three.

I doubt if any of the three managers would confidently predict that they'll win more than they don't between now and the end of the season.

All we can do is sit back and enjoy/endure the ride!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2023 1:41 pm

All eyes will be on the Ipswich games (22nd/25th) and hoping they drop points against Posh and Barnsley.

If they are going to drop points then it has to be in these two games.

They are going to be very tough encounters for Ipswich.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2023 1:46 pm

If results go favourably - Ipswich  losing both games and Argyle winning theirs - Argyle could go up on Tuesday night.

If that were to happen I'd be on cloud nine.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2023 2:09 pm

Wake up village, I think you are dreaming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2023 6:23 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Wake up village, I think you are dreaming Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

And then there were 7 ... match fred
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2