Czarcasm
VillageGreen
10 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 6:58 am

As we enter the final ten against lower position sides can Argyle haul themselves over the line ?

Five are in the bottom seven as it stands, the rest between 8th and 14th as it stands.

It is going to be a big ask for Argyle to win all ten to be certain of automatic promotion. Argyle will now have to rely on Ipswich and Barnsley losing points somewhere, with the latter having two games in hand.

Sheffield Wednesday are up as champions I'd say.

It is going to be a right old bite your nails run in. The Play-Offs look daunting also and should Argyle end up in that mix, I just don't know how that will go.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 10:23 am

Historically, playing a team battling for their life against relegation usually throws up quite a few upsets. So we could still be in for some ugly games.

Realistically, we probably need Ipswich and Barnsley to have two or three slip ups and drop points in games they should ordinarily have won, to sneak 2nd place.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 11:23 am

I want to be confident, but........................

I'll stop there for fear of sounding Freathy-esque. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 1:02 pm

Barnsley have games against Wednesday and Ipswich coming up. If you class them as their "games in hand" their position doesn't look so rosy. Especially if they only get a point or two from those games.

If we can get 2pts/game (Win home Draw away) it's going to take some winning run for a chaser to pass us. Of course if we get back onto a Run ourselves, we can leave the rest behind.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 1:51 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
As we enter the final ten against lower position sides can Argyle haul themselves over the line ?

Five are in the bottom seven as it stands, the rest between 8th and 14th as it stands.

It is going to be a big ask for Argyle to win all ten to be certain of automatic  promotion. Argyle will now have to rely on Ipswich  and Barnsley losing points somewhere, with the latter having two games in hand.

Sheffield Wednesday are up as champions I'd say.

It is going to be a right old bite your nails run in. The Play-Offs look daunting also and should Argyle end up in that mix, I just don't know how that will go.

keep getting this
Bad feeling if we don’t go up automatically then we’re not gunna go up via the playoffs and just settle for the pizza cup final I can see happening ..I won’t be a happy bunny I can tell you that..if that turns out to be the case
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 2:37 pm

We could easily win the lot. Not that I think we will as that would put us into to all kinds of record territory and we just won't. And probably no other team would either.

Shrewsbury because they're in a bit of form and Exeter because of reasons are the most likely slip ups and you just know someone will come down to HP and nab a point or possibly more, but no one could ask for a better set of fixtures for the last ten games. Certainly better than last year when it was all top tenners that did for us.

The fixture list has been kind to us. Front loading at home against all the teams around the top end coupled with winning those games both enabled us to build up a proper Fortress Home Park (and we're in record territory here) along with a winning mentality. Who's to say but we'd probably have lost at Peterborough, Wednesday and Barnsley whenever we'd played them and never created the momentum that's got us into the top two.

If we don't win four of those five home games and, at least, two on the road we don't deserve to go up in the automatics. Our big problem, but also our big opportunity is not the pizza final and the distraction it's caused, but that we've got over a fortnight from the Accrington game next week until we head to Morecambe on the 7th. Chances are we won't be in the top two by then but that means the pressure switches to Barnsley or Ipswich or maybe even both. We then have our trump card of a game in hand. Alright, it's against our friends from Rovers and have to win it obviously, but what will they be playing for come the last weeks of the season.

I'm still not sure it'll go the wire at Vale Park. One way or another we'll know our fate by then.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 4:27 pm

Rovers and Exeter are going to be difficult without a doubt,, those two will relish bursting the bubble. Shrewsbury away will another tough one. Argyle need to win all home games and get as many points as they can away from home to stay clear of Ipswich  and Barnsley. It's doable, a big ask though.

Get six points from FGR and Accy first and see how it looks after that. Barnsley playing Ipswich and Sheffield will be interesting.

If this side truly want to go up then now is the time to show their mettle and go for it. Play-Offs I dislike and I think it is a horrid way of gaining promotion, we have been through the lot in that.

What will be, will be.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 6:24 pm

Brizzle will be on the beach with players hoping to get rid of / away from Barton.

Have to win the next four to keep Ipswich looking up
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 7:22 pm

I reckon we'll get 15 points absolute maximum from those 10 games which in a normal season may have been just about enough but this season will see us firmly in the play-offs.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 10:44 pm

The results tonight interesting, Peterborough only three behind Wycombe who in turn, are now only three behind Bolton, who in turn, are one behind Derby.

Shrewsbury and Pompey probably out of the running, now, both have big asks.

Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 3:32 pm

We're pretty much at the point where, even if it did come crashing down, it'd be nigh on impossible not to finish in the playoffs.

4th is probably as bad as it can get now.

Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 8:30 pm

The bulk of the players that started the season have got us to where we are now, so we have the skills, so I think it’s really now down to SS and his coaching team to earn their corn, personally I still think we can achieve an auto place but everyone needs to be on their game.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:43 am

The only difference between players available now and back at the start of the season are Whittiker, Randell, Galloway and Scarr. Whitikker is the biggest miss followed closely by Randell then Scarr and Galloway. It's all very well having cover but Im not sure the cover is as good as what we have lost Whits and Randell being pivotal imo.
I think if we win all our next four games and hope someone else drops points (shorely they must soon ffs?) Then game is still on. If we lose any of those games we will be fooked and I can't see us winning playoffs with the teams and away matches to be played.
Still in our hands but any Peterborough or Barnsley performances and we will be out of it.
Any news of when Randell is back? Massive miss and pivotal to our form at the moment imo.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 6:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The only difference between players available now and back at the start of the season are Whittiker, Randell, Galloway and Scarr. Whitikker is the biggest miss followed closely by Randell then Scarr and Galloway. It's all very well having cover but Im not sure the cover is as good as what we have lost Whits and Randell being pivotal imo.
I think if we win all our next four games and hope someone else drops points (shorely they must soon ffs?) Then game is still on. If we lose any of those games we will be fooked and I can't see us winning playoffs with the teams and away matches to be played.
Still in our hands but any Peterborough or Barnsley performances and we will be out of it.
Any news of when Randell is back? Massive miss and pivotal to our form at the moment imo.

Schuey gives injury update:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cosgrove -possibly back for Accrington
Grant - not back anytime soon
Randell - possibly back in time for Wembley
Scarr - now back in training
T Wright - possibly back for FGR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Ten Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Ten Games   Final Ten Games Empty

Back to top Go down