Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Coops & Scarr

Go down 
+7
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Greenskin
seadog
Earwegoagain
Angry
RegGreen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen




Posts : 5857
Join date : 2015-07-08

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 11:57 am

Has the club released how serious or not there injuries are at the moment ?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2742
Join date : 2021-12-06

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 2:39 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Has the club released how serious or not there injuries are at the moment ?

i havent heard but they usually announce that later in the week once they have been assessed by the medics and the results are back. Hopefully nothing long term for both.

I did see however our 3rd choice keeper Parkes who has been on loan at Parkway is out injured too so we only have the one Keeper atm. The goalie curse seems to be making an unwanted comeback! anyone have Letheren's number.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 2:45 pm

Wasn't it Hodges who was subbed on as keeper when Luke went off injured which meant he had played every position on the pitch for Argyle?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2742
Join date : 2021-12-06

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 3:26 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Wasn't it Hodges who was subbed on as keeper when Luke went off injured which meant he had played every position on the pitch for Argyle?

i believe it was him yes.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5857
Join date : 2015-07-08

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 6:09 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Has the club released how serious or not there injuries are at the moment ?

i havent heard but they usually announce that later in the week once they have been assessed by the medics and the results are back. Hopefully nothing long term for both.

I did see however our 3rd choice keeper Parkes who has been on loan at Parkway is out injured too so we only have the one Keeper atm. The goalie curse seems to be making an unwanted comeback! anyone have Letheren's number.
worse comes to the worse the FA would give us dispensation to sign a emergency keeper weather that’s to cover burton or go straight in the side but I think there go with burton and get a reserve in just to cover him I reckon that’s if coopers out for a long period as not disrupt the defence by slinging a new keeper in the mix as well with burton he knows the defence & trains with em on a daily basis and would be less squad disruption just a shame we didn’t get a centre back in the window as well
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2742
Join date : 2021-12-06

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 6:17 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Has the club released how serious or not there injuries are at the moment ?

i havent heard but they usually announce that later in the week once they have been assessed by the medics and the results are back. Hopefully nothing long term for both.

I did see however our 3rd choice keeper Parkes who has been on loan at Parkway is out injured too so we only have the one Keeper atm. The goalie curse seems to be making an unwanted comeback! anyone have Letheren's number.
worse comes to the worse the FA would give us dispensation to sign a emergency keeper weather that’s to cover burton or go straight in the side but I think there go with burton and get a reserve in just to cover him I reckon that’s if coopers out for a long period as not disrupt the defence by slinging a new keeper in the mix as well with burton he knows the defence & trains with em on a daily basis and would be less squad disruption just a shame we didn’t get a centre back in the window as well

we could still sign free agents but im not sure what the market is like for freebies atm probably not a good crop out there. Emergency loans would have to be the case if needed.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5857
Join date : 2015-07-08

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 1:54 pm

Not looking good club have said coopers out for the rest of the season I believe not sure about the extent of scarrs injury as yet…well that’s not looking to good his done his ACL so this season & maybe part of next season as well
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 3:01 pm

FFS!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 3:20 pm

More worried about Scarr and Ennis tbh. Obviously I don't want to see any of our players injured but the keeper isn't the worst place to lose a player. I also don't think Coops is as good as Larry'o or Luke were when at their best. I see a lot of the nerds think we won't be able to afford a new stand when we sell him in the summer. Literally spat tea when I read that. Coops does pull of very decent saves but for every 3 or 4 he does concede I can't help thinking that one of them is saveable.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14702
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 65
Location : @home or on the piss

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 4:06 pm

That Wednesday match has cost us a bit.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6109
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 4:07 pm

Massive blow for Argyle and wouldn't be surprised of Windass absolutely knew what he was doing and was doing it under instruction.Ah well, up to Burton now to prove his worth and good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 4:11 pm

A concern is that a collapse of sorts could occur like last season which would be an absolute travesty. Ipswich Town and those sides in - and just below - the Play-Zone will be hoping to capitalise on any dip in form from either Argyle or Sheffield.

These are injuries to two key players that are not good and we must hope that Argyle can see out the remainder of the season still in the position they found themselves in now.

It is going to be aa nail-biting run in front now on.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7465
Join date : 2014-03-30

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 4:21 pm

As Ears says, he's a decent young keeper but not the dogs bollocks. Hopefully Burton can grab the chance he's waited so long for, looks a safe pair of hands from what I've seen, obviously we're going to need backup with the 3rd choice apparently injured too. Very naughty if at all intentional though as alluded to by skinny, hope he makes a full recovery and it doesn't hamper his career long term.
Back to top Go down
Boy D

Boy D


Posts : 11
Join date : 2022-11-13
Location : Bristol area

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 4:37 pm

Where ‘s Freathy to say that Argyle’s season is over and next season we’ll do a MK dons and be fighting relegation?   Bla Bla Sleep
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10219
Join date : 2011-10-23

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 5:14 pm

I think we’d be right back in amongst the playoff pack were it not for some of his saves this season.

Nothing against Burton, but there is a sizeable drop-off in quality from the best keeper in the league, to a guy who just made his league debut for us last week. Have to say it will be astonishing to finish top two after losing Whittaker Cooper, and Scarr.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 5:36 pm

Boy D wrote:
Where ‘s Freathy to say that Argyle’s season is over and next season we’ll do a MK dons and be fighting relegation?   Bla Bla  Sleep



I was thinking that also !!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2742
Join date : 2021-12-06

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 6:10 pm

major blow to loose Cooper especially for him as you dont just shake off an ACL injury that quick even after rehab. Hopefully he can redesign and rebuild his career so this doesnt impact him and his long term goals so i wish him the very best in his recovery.

This is a golden moment for Burton hopefully he can grab this and run, he has been a number 1 before he came here so stepping up wont be daunting to him at least.

I fully expect we will be bringing in an emergency keeper as backup soon as parkes is out although we can sign freebies if there is a keeper out there worth bringing in short term same for a defender pending on Scarr. How the team responds to this is key. For my sanity i hope Scarr isnt out for the season too given my stance on signing a defender last month.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2209
Join date : 2012-01-24

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 6:13 pm

Gram Stack got the push from Cardiff yesterday-a week's training and he'll be fine. Only 41 so younger that Shilton when he played for us.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2742
Join date : 2021-12-06

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 6:21 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Gram Stack got the push from Cardiff yesterday-a week's training and he'll be fine. Only 41 so younger that Shilton when he played for us.

lol i can see him running at the chance to comeback here after being publicly blamed by luggy v2.0 for his failures that season as a manager.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2742
Join date : 2021-12-06

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 7:59 pm

Angry wrote:
major blow to loose Cooper especially for him as you dont just shake off an ACL injury that quick even after rehab. Hopefully he can redesign and rebuild his career so this doesnt impact him and his long term goals so i wish him the very best in his recovery.

This is a golden moment for Burton hopefully he can grab this and run, he has been a number 1 before he came here so stepping up wont be daunting to him at least.

I fully expect we will be bringing in an emergency keeper as backup soon as parkes is out although we can sign freebies if there is a keeper out there worth bringing in short term same for a defender pending on Scarr. How the team responds to this is key. For my sanity i hope Scarr isnt out for the season too given my stance on signing a defender last month.

it appears we cant sign a keeper on the emergency loan scheme unless Burton gets injured as all the clubs keepers have to be injured before we can sign one.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5857
Join date : 2015-07-08

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 8:11 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Massive blow for Argyle and wouldn't be surprised of Windass absolutely knew what he was doing and was doing it under instruction.Ah well, up to Burton now to prove his worth and good luck to him.
tbh it looked like a accident a coming together you could say ..plus don’t think the kid is as ruthless as his father was in fact windass junior totally a different player than his father I remember give him a standing ovation at home park a few years back junior when he was playing for Accrington
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5857
Join date : 2015-07-08

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 8:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Gram Stack got the push from Cardiff yesterday-a week's training and he'll be fine. Only 41 so younger that Shilton when he played for us.

lol i can see him running at the chance to comeback here after being publicly blamed by luggy v2.0 for his failures that season as a manager.
I believe stacks words were and I quote ..if I knew it was like a pub team I wouldn’t have signed lol
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5857
Join date : 2015-07-08

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 8:23 pm

Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:
major blow to loose Cooper especially for him as you dont just shake off an ACL injury that quick even after rehab. Hopefully he can redesign and rebuild his career so this doesnt impact him and his long term goals so i wish him the very best in his recovery.

This is a golden moment for Burton hopefully he can grab this and run, he has been a number 1 before he came here so stepping up wont be daunting to him at least.

I fully expect we will be bringing in an emergency keeper as backup soon as parkes is out although we can sign freebies if there is a keeper out there worth bringing in short term same for a defender pending on Scarr. How the team responds to this is key. For my sanity i hope Scarr isnt out for the season too given my stance on signing a defender last month.

it appears we cant sign a keeper on the emergency loan scheme unless Burton gets injured as all the clubs keepers have to be injured before we can sign one.
that can’t be right surely say he gets injured in a game that could cost you points and that’s not a even playing field surely they must let you have a reserve keeper otherwise it’s not in the fair play rules you’d thought surely
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2209
Join date : 2012-01-24

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 8:50 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Gram Stack got the push from Cardiff yesterday-a week's training and he'll be fine. Only 41 so younger that Shilton when he played for us.

lol i can see him running at the chance to comeback here after being publicly blamed by luggy v2.0 for his failures that season as a manager.



But we aren't "a pub team" anymore.



On a serious note I expect we will sign a free agent keeper before Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 pm

I’m more concerned about Scarr, Cooper’s a good keeper but not an outstanding one yet, there’s a couple of goals let in recently that he should have done better with, Alfie May’s second Cheltenham goal was one.
Burton has now got his chance, it shouldn’t be doom and gloom, let’s see how he does
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Coops & Scarr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coops & Scarr   Coops & Scarr Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Coops & Scarr
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Dan Scarr
» Scarr signs
» Scarr Signs New Contract
» Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)
» Dan Scarr on Life in Plymouth so far (youtube)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: