Earwegoagain
Greenskin
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:26 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
How is it gone ffs? Wendies still have to play Ipswich and there is a long way to go. Get a grip

lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:27 pm

Ennis is injured, randell was on the bench, mayor is shit.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:36 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Must disagree with you about Mayor Les,a rare divergence of opinion. One of the few players in the squad with the x factor to change a game in an instant imho-possibly an underachiever but would be in my squad every time.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:40 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Must disagree with you about Mayor Les,a rare divergence of opinion. One of the few players in the squad with the x factor to change a game in an instant imho-possibly an underachiever but would be in my squad every time.

I get that mate and know I'm in a minority but his woeful finishing does my nut in.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:46 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

i'm with Les regarding todays game and with Skinny regarding Mayor. It is what it is, played twice we have 3 points and they have 3 points in a game of not many chances they took theirs we didn't. My main worry is that Wendies have just written the blueprint on how to stop us playing. Was a gutter but no way is losing to the top side in the league at their place a disaster. Also take note that Ipswich dropped two points today so they have more to rue than we do. If Randall isn't carrying a knock I would love to know Schueys thinking regarding that decision?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:47 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I get that mate and know I'm in a minority but his woeful finishing does my nut in.

Exactly the same as Carey was if they made every pass and scored every goal they would be nowhere near league 1 let alone Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:49 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

'Tis a frustration from a player who gets into so many good positions,no doubt about it.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 6:39 pm

I think we can now forget all about automatic promotion after this defeat and losing Scarr again and  Cooper both probably long term (given that Argo players only ever do long term injury).  Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County will finish top two.  We'll be L1 for a few more years yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 6:41 pm

Freathy wrote:
I think we can now forget all about automatic promotion after this defeat and losing Scarr again and  Cooper both probably long term (given that Argo players only ever do long term injury).  Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County will finish top two.  We'll be L1 for a few more years yet.

If we dont go up after this season then serious questions need to be asked and answered by the club as to how they managed to feck it up. The title is gone yes automatic promotion isnt so lets do all we can to get that over the line and avoid going to a losing streak,
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 9:52 pm

The title hasn't gone, tilted in their favour a little but Id be more worried on missing out on auto's if I were Ipswich or Derby. Ipswich are stuttering and Derby could well slip up here and there. Many twists and turns yet.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 6:28 am

Derby & Wednesday are flying. Wednesday last lost a league game a full four months ago. Derby last lost in the league on 21st Oct.

With both of them, the worrying thing is also the manner in which they are winning games.

Form is everything. And theirs needs to slide if we are to keep pace.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 7:28 am

For one thing let’s not panic let’s try and keep our heads together & let other teams do the worrying …with had one bad result for the first time in months it’s how we react to this defeat is the main thing & just keep doing what have been doing for the last six months keep winning and picking up certain points in our big games and let everyone else do the worrying about us
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 8:43 am

We're left worrying about others' form and results which is not good when we are looking at best very hit and miss and also now lost our indispensable goal keeper and key central defender almost certainly for the season.  Sheff Wed and Derby County, by far the two best teams in the division, can't stop winning and are now looking completely unstoppable.  Ourselves and Ipswich will be left to scrap it out in the play-offs.  But we'll be without Cosgrove, Mumba, Azaz, Matete and Lonwijk who will be recalled when the season proper ends.  All this clearly points to Argo still being L1 in 2023/24.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 9:52 am

Christ lads we lost 1 nil away to the only side that's probably better than us in this league. They're not gonna win the next 18 games straight. 2nd will do me fine
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 11:07 am

Mook wrote:
Christ lads we lost 1 nil away to the only side that's probably better than us in this league. They're not gonna win the next 18 games straight. 2nd will do me fine

Zackly if we had lost like we did to MK at he end of last season then the alarm bells would be ringing like fook but it was a one nil away.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 2:38 pm

Yup and we were unlucky not to grab an equaliser. We hadn't lost away since August ffs no need to panic now.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 2:39 pm

Freathy wrote:
We're left worrying about others' form and results which is not good when we are looking at best very hit and miss and also now lost our indispensable goal keeper and key central defender almost certainly for the season.  Sheff Wed and Derby County, by far the two best teams in the division, can't stop winning and are now looking completely unstoppable.  Ourselves and Ipswich will be left to scrap it out in the play-offs.  But we'll be without Cosgrove, Mumba, Azaz, Matete and Lonwijk who will be recalled when the season proper ends.  All this clearly points to Argo still being L1 in 2023/24.

No, there'll be a nuclear war and subsequent outbreak of bubonic plague before the 2023/24 season.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 3:51 pm

Mook wrote:
Yup and we were unlucky not to grab an equaliser. We hadn't lost away since August ffs no need to panic now.

I can only speak for myself, and I wouldn’t call it panic. Not sure if you were at the game, but we didn’t deserve anything. What concerns me most is the momentum Wednesday and Derby have currently.

If they keep that rolling, it will be very difficult for us to keep pace. Again, that’s not a Freathy-style troll, just an opinion as I see it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 4:18 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Mook wrote:

I can only speak for myself, and I wouldn’t call it panic. Not sure if you were at the game, but we didn’t deserve anything. What concerns me most is the momentum Wednesday and Derby have currently.

If they keep that rolling, it will be very difficult for us to keep pace. Again, that’s not a Freathy-style troll, just an opinion as I see it.

I had one of them back along, didn't end well, best keep schtum.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 8:05 am

Weds and Derby aren't gonna win their next 17 games straight. I'll take 2nd place no worries
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 11:49 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Mook wrote:

We had the momentum of a good run until Saturday, for all we know Wednesday and Derby could lose their momentum on Saturday.

They (and Ipswich) still have the FA cup to distract them as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

T'Owls v T'top of t'league
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: