pepsipete
Freathy
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Anybody pleased?... Empty
PostSubject: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Just saying, at the start of the season we had 1 point after 9 matches, a simply terrible record.

I'm not Fletcher's number 1 supporter as i'm sure you know but for a rookie he's dont a decent job and the guy has given us a chance of survival, ok his tactics are not the best but he has brought in some very good players, notably Purse and Blanchard, while Steve Fletcher could prove to be a very good player in my opinion, he has brought in Macdonald who is a terrific little player, Wotton who is a true green, Hemmings with his great pace, Berry has got better until fletcher, Lennox looks tidy, Tsoumou looks ok and chadders ok.

I'm terrfied and excited to see what the next 8 games bring.

COYG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:17 pm

No. I am feckin furious that this club is 90th in the league. Fletcher is not the man to take us forward as he is making a pigs ear of keeping us in the league. If our rival's signed a 39 year old striker we would piss ourselves laughing. Fletcher was appointed so that he wouldn't lead the players out on strike. Brent should have got rid of him months ago.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Oh yes, one point from 9. Look how far we've come eh?

jocolor Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:20 pm

If Peter Reid had had the squad we've got now, we'd be in a much better place.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:28 pm

If Fletcher keeps us up he has done his job, but with the resources (we must have one of the highest wage bills in the league) he has had, it is quite poor that we are still struggling at this stage. Too negative at home (and too many draws) has seen us struggle more than we should. Of the players you mention-
S. Fletcher- can't comment but could be a supersub lump
Hemmings- can't see the hype- flashy, quick but no end product (I laughed when people thought he'd go back to Wolves and play in the Prem)
Tsoumou- Sometimes ok, sometimes woeful
Macdonald- Good player
Berry- Has improved recently but was a Reid signing
Lennox- only seen a couple of times and he looks good, but goes missing during games
Wotton- Ok signing but quite average

Others he's brought in-
Bignot- Utter Shit
Chadwick- Initially good but now shit
Blanchard- Best signing CF has made
Purse- OK (not as good as i thought he'd be)

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Peggy wrote:
If Peter Reid had had the squad we've got now, we'd be in a much better place.

Much as I didn't rate Reid (his managerial career was already in terminal decline before he came here) I agree there Pegs.

If you look at that team individually, how the f**k are we still getting roughly the same results week in,week out, as the crappest teams in the league?

Answer:- because Fletch couldn't organise and manage a piss up in a brewery, that's why.

The saddest irony of all, is that our Chairman (who admits to knowing f**kall about football), thinks he's doing a great job. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:32 pm

But then ask the question, would Reid have brought in some of those players?

Or would he have kept faith in the same useless bunch
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Cobi I've just seen the split thread on pasoti and I agree with you. Bignot has got to be one of the worst defenders I've seen play at Argyle. As you say he hoofs the ball anywhere (usually to the opposition), his positional play is shocking and he puts the defence under a lot of pressure. He's a good athlete but terrible footballer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:38 pm

"Fletcher was appointed so he wouldn't lead the players out on strike" Educated guess but a guess just the same.

"One point from 9 look how far we've come". We actually from being cast adrift to where we are now quite a way in reality.

"If Reid had this squad we would be in a much better place" Opinion that will never be tested.

Fletcher was a bit of a shock appointment for me as he was for a lot of people but to be a little bit fair to the man he hasn't done that badly in that we are in with a shout of staying up and it is in our own hands now. He didn't have this squad for much of the season either and when he first started out had the same squad as Reid. I read somewhere that somebody had worked out if he got the same points consistently throughout a full season we would have 55 at the end. Nothing to shout home about but safe as houses and we would take that now all day long.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Cobi I've just seen the split thread on pasoti and I agree with you. Bignot has got to be one of the worst defenders I've seen play at Argyle. As you say he hoofs the ball anywhere (usually to the opposition), his positional play is shocking and he puts the defence under a lot of pressure. He's a good athlete but terrible footballer.

I wouldn't say the worst etc but he's very much overrated and I don't get the pasoti mob licking his arse. Berry is so much better than him, he's come along way and he's a decent young player. Bignot however, unprofessional and a poor player.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
No. I am feckin furious that this club is 90th in the league. Fletcher is not the man to take us forward as he is making a pigs ear of keeping us in the league. If our rival's signed a 39 year old striker we would piss ourselves laughing. Fletcher was appointed so that he wouldn't lead the players out on strike. Brent should have got rid of him months ago.

This
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:44 pm

back to Blackpool at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:36 pm

happy in 90th place !!! lol! scratch

WTF !!!!!

We are bloody joke outfit. Pleased ???

Goodness me ......... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:51 am

I think that as soon as CF was appointed we had a jist of what Brent is all about, this season should have been about strengthening to finish mid/upper table so we could push on with a decent push for promotion next season, we may not have achieved it but it is better than aiming for 90th position in the football league which is where we have been aiming all season. Brent's lap dogs have been telling us all season that this would be a good result, I think it is a joke.
As for the defenders, Bignot=shit, Blanchard=Quality, Purse= quality for sticking his foot in where it matters, but where are they all when the free headers are being scored?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:56 am

The standard happy clapping PASOTI line is that Fletcher arrived with 1 point from 9 and a club newly out of administration. So factoring all that out, we would be a mid table league 2 side staring up the table at monsters of professional football such as Crawley Town, torquay and Cheltenham. And that is apparently perfectly acceptable.

Never mind we've got a big flag. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 am

The sooner we're rid of Fletcher the better.

Captain for 2 successive relegations.

Activates a clause in his highly paid contract for a further 12 months as a player knowing his legs aren't up to it (or he just cant be arsed to play), such fantastic loyalty (sic).

Reidy takes the blame for the opening 9 matches whereby he allegedly lost the dressing room, the same dressing room led by Fletcher, who conveniently goes on to take Reidy's job.

Continued scared tactics have seen decent players like Purse, Bhasera, Bignot etc go backwards as game after game the opposition are encouraged to mount pressure which always lead to individual errors. Why he cant just send the team out to attack from the off is beyond me. Set-pieces still dont work unless the opposition keeper fumbles the ball into his own net. The only reason we're conceding less is because we start games with 7 or 8 defensive minded players week in week out. Far too often we just dont look like scoring.

A half-decent manager would've had us looking safe by now with all eyes looking ahead to next season.

SG, if you think 55 points is enough throughout the course of a season at this lowly level then you deserve the poor standard you've currently got. Same again next season will see a large exodus of support clearly disagreeing with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:26 am

Freathy wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

This

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:29 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
"Fletcher was appointed so he wouldn't lead the players out on strike" Educated guess but a guess just the same.

"One point from 9 look how far we've come". We actually from being cast adrift to where we are now quite a way in reality.

"If Reid had this squad we would be in a much better place" Opinion that will never be tested.

Fletcher was a bit of a shock appointment for me as he was for a lot of people but to be a little bit fair to the man he hasn't done that badly in that we are in with a shout of staying up and it is in our own hands now. He didn't have this squad for much of the season either and when he first started out had the same squad as Reid. I read somewhere that somebody had worked out if he got the same points consistently throughout a full season we would have 55 at the end. Nothing to shout home about but safe as houses and we would take that now all day long.

Yes you would now, but if you take out the first 9 matches then it would be f*cking shameful for a club our size that was in the Championship 2 years ago. You can't use that argument twice, we are still utter shit. Fletch WAS appointed to prevent the players going on strike (a strike he was leading), so not a guess, educated or otherwise.

Wise up we're dire and part of the blame has to go to happy clappers like YOU!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Bogsider wrote:

Yes you would now, but if you take out the first 9 matches then it would be f*cking shameful for a club our size that was in the Championship 2 years ago. You can't use that argument twice, we are still utter shit. Fletch WAS appointed to prevent the players going on strike (a strike he was leading), so not a guess, educated or otherwise.

Wise up we're dire and part of the blame has to go to happy clappers like YOU!

Where did you get that information from?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Bogsider wrote:
The standard happy clapping PASOTI line is that Fletcher arrived with 1 point from 9 and a club newly out of administration. So factoring all that out, we would be a mid table league 2 side staring up the table at monsters of professional football such as Crawley Town, torquay and Cheltenham. And that is apparently perfectly acceptable.

Never mind we've got a big flag. jocolor

This............... and............. but we only had 20 mins to save the club..............there will be no wallets in the boardroom.....................WE have the chance to pay for Brent's investment...........................and crucially, James I know nothing about football Brent, rates Fletcher affraid ............Joke club. Conned by property developer for Avivas.Geddon Dave Banana,,,,Jannerrrrrrrrr !!!
But............ the gruesome twosome are like pig pig pig pig in shite !
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Block4Green wrote:
Just saying, at the start of the season we had 1 point after 9 matches, a simply terrible record.

I'm not Fletcher's number 1 supporter as i'm sure you know but for a rookie he's dont a decent job and the guy has given us a chance of survival, ok his tactics are not the best but he has brought in some very good players, notably Purse and Blanchard, while Steve Fletcher could prove to be a very good player in my opinion, he has brought in Macdonald who is a terrific little player, Wotton who is a true green, Hemmings with his great pace, Berry has got better until fletcher, Lennox looks tidy, Tsoumou looks ok and chadders ok.

I'm terrfied and excited to see what the next 8 games bring.

COYG

I think I'm right in saying you're a young lad, so to an extent, I can understand the optimism. The truth is, however, that this is one of the worst Argyle sides I can remember in 50 odd years, led by one of the the most inexperienced managers.

Fletcher was appointed because he was the cheap option, and the new owner didn't have a clue how to go about looking for a new manager - how long was it before the board was appointed?

90th in the football league is an absolute disgrace for a club of this size and history. We know all about the previous regimes and how they got us into this mess, but the fact is that Brent has had ample time to put things right and get the club into a comfortable position. He hasn't, and I'm not sure that he's that bothered anyway.

The whole place is a shambles, from a new owner who isn't a football fan, a 'President' who does more harm than good, to a team full of young 'loanees', who'll be off at the end of the season, a manager who is clearly suspect tactically, and a divided fan base, thanks to the emergence of the 'superfan'.

You may have gathered that I'm not happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm certainly not happy/pleased to be struggling for survival in such a terrible League. Really the pits.

However, if we avoid relegation then that'll bring a smile Very Happy , but next season something constructive has to be done or HP will empty.

Even superfans can't be happy with what we've got now, and if the option is "more of the same" or a walk in the park with the family/day out somewhere nice etc, then I guess we all know what the answer will be.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:10 pm

I'll try and offer my usual line of defence to him here then and see if anyone'll think twice.

This team (ie this bunch of players) managed by this manager has consitently, over 4 months produced form that's of mid table bordering on top half. That's not statstical manipulation, that's fact and it's more or less what the mean form has been from this team being assembled to right now. Of course, that doesn't neccesarily mean the definete conclusion is to be pro-Fletcher, it's just the one I've taken and I'll explain why.

The first 9 games are a write off entirely. He wasn't either managing or on the coaching side so forget them. So that's at least a 9 game handicap. I'd argue there was another 9 game handicap on top of that, or a partial handicap at the very least. 9 games in the exact same circumstances as Reid, of unpaid and hapless players before he could bring in the team we have now, in which both performances (by and large) and results were on the up. I think it's hard to argue against that only from the Northampton game onwards can he really be judged in the same respect as any other manager in...well, history really. From that time, he's shown top ten at best and mid table at worst form the whole time. If people don't think that's good enough, then fair enough. What do you think Reid(or any "good" manager so as not to restrict it to Reid) could have done in the timeframe and what do you think Fletcher ought to be doing?

You reckon we ought to have shown play-off/promotion form in that time and be soaring clear of the drop zone and already having one eye on our Summer holidays? I certainly don't. Even now we hardly have a bunch of players that could be described as the best in the league. Bearing in mind that November through January was pretty much "pre season" for Fletcher in terms of team building and gelling. Team, even relatively good (on paper) like ours now won't start performing to their very best straight away. Fletcher's team were in the "getting to know eachother" period as well as crucial points being at stake, another disadvatnage that he has over other managers. The fact that we'd still be underperforming "giants such as Crawley, Torquay and Cheltenham" and the fact that "we were in the Championship two years ago" isn't really of relevance to the exact circumstances that we have right here, right now.

To analogise, it's like if 24 people run a marathon, and all the other athletes get a 9 or so mile headstart, people would say the athelete has done blooming well to catch up as much as he has. If people think the only acceptable measure of success would be promotion form which would lead us up to a reality of lower mid table and a comfortable end to the season then fine that's your perogative, I won't get arsey with you for it but I think it's immensley harsh for the reasons I said. We've been to hell and back, we're still getting over the hangover and I honestly think to get us into this kind of position from the down and out one we were in deserves credit. I don't think this because I'm a 'happy clappy' or 'deluded' it's what I honestly believe and I believe he'll keep us up.

Oh and fwiw- Fletcher wasn't appointed to stop the players going on strike. The proposed strike was September 3rd 2011, Fletcher was appointed on September 19th 2011.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:32 pm

You need to get out more, preferably away from Argyle, or you'll end up as dull and one dimensionally domineering, as the present set of self styled superfans.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:03 pm

If you could précis that for me Sam, I shall give it a read some time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody pleased?...   Anybody pleased?... Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody pleased?...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next