Earwegoagain
Angry
akagreengull
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign a keeper!   Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 8:17 pm

I don't accept that Cooper will be wanting to leave anytime soon. He's unlikely to step straight into the first team at most clubs in the top two divisions and at his age would probably be loaned out for a couple of seasons (to a club like Argyle) to "continue his development"

He will develop just as quickly at Home Park as anywhere.

Look at the top notch players who have been sold on in the past. Gosling wasn't even a first team regular when he moved on, Mariner was ready to step up to a top flight first team regular, Halmosi couldn't get a game at Hull and Buzaky and SEB actually went to a lower placed teams.

However, if the owner wants to have even more money in the Bank, every player has a price.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign a keeper!   Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 8:20 pm

If in January Argo are still in a commanding position and Cooper is sold it will have echoes of the lamentable Staplewallet and his "if we're there or there about in January we'll go for it" before promptly selling all Holloway's best players.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign a keeper!   Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 8:46 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
As good as he is, if/when he goes it'll be in the million pound ballpark, it's(still) the Argyle way.

I think a lot will depend on how long he has left on his contract when he goes. (Aston Villa the latest club looking at him closely appazza).

SEB & Halmosi both went for £2m and that’s the most we’ve received I think. I’d be very surprised if Cooper doesn’t eclipse that figure.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign a keeper!   Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 9:05 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I  don't accept that Cooper will be wanting to leave anytime soon. He's unlikely to step straight into the first team at most clubs in the top two divisions and at his age would probably be loaned out for a couple of seasons (to a club like Argyle) to "continue his development"

He will develop just as quickly at Home Park as anywhere.

Look at the top notch players who have been sold on in the past.  Gosling wasn't even a first team regular when he moved on, Mariner was ready to step up to a top flight first team regular, Halmosi couldn't get a game at Hull and Buzaky and SEB actually went to a lower placed teams.

However, if the owner wants to have even more money in the Bank, every player has a price.  

If a bigger club comes in and offers him more money even if it means going out on loan for a season or two he would be silly not too take it. He has the potential to make it too the very top sadly he isnt going to do that here especially the premiership wise i dont see him wanting to be a one club man but at the sametime i hope he picks the right time to leave that doesnt harm us during a season.
Back to top Go down
Mark Edwards

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign a keeper!   Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 9:08 pm

Freathy wrote:
If in January Argo are still in a commanding position and Cooper is sold it will have echoes of the lamentable Staplewallet and his "if we're there or there about in January we'll go for it" before promptly selling all Holloway's best players.

But a lot of that was down to Hollow-words telling agents what release clauses our players had (eg SEB) when he left for Leicester after declaring his love for Argyle and showing us his green blood!!!

I don't think all of the issues at the tme were the fault of the Board.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign a keeper!   Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 8:19 am

Mark Edwards wrote:
Freathy wrote:

But a lot of that was down to Hollow-words telling agents what release clauses our players had (eg SEB) when he left for Leicester after declaring his love for Argyle and showing us his green blood!!!

lol! lol! lol! Were you even here then? At least that board took us to the CCC before they broke the team up, we really do have some fooking wierd "fans" on here.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign a keeper!   Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 9:27 am

Mark Edwards wrote:
Freathy wrote:

If you want to know why all of those good players really left, then watch this from 21:25 onwards:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign a keeper!   Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:23 am

Mark Edwards wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I do I blame the board this was the start of it taking there eye off the ball and started getting greedy with investments outside of football they wanted there cake & eat it as well greedy bastards ..And we all know the rest and the shit storm that followed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign a keeper!   Argyle sign a keeper! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle sign a keeper!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2