Greenskin
Earwegoagain
Grovehill
Clodagh Rubbish
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Clodagh Rubbish

Jephcott to Swindon  Empty
PostSubject: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 10:35 pm

Season loan with buyout clause

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great round the penalty box, lacks mobility and first touch otherwise . Good luck to the lad, they are creaming themselves over it
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 11:38 pm

Just reinforces what I said on another thread. Many young players have a purple patch when them seem to be the dogs doodahs only to fade rapidly afterwards.

I think L2 is his level.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 8:21 am

Shame I've always liked him but he has never found his form again, lets hope he finds it with Swindon.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:05 am

I expect Hallett is kicking himself for not cashing in on Jephcott when he was scoring regularly.

I doubt he'll make that mistake again.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:11 am

The two early chances that Luke missed against MKD seemed to have cooked his goose as far as Schuey was concerned-hauled off at half time and comments in the press about bringing players in who can handle pressure afterwards. Pleased that it's only a loan, there is definitely a natural goalscorer in there somewhere-maybe a change of environment will bring it out.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:55 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Shame I've always liked him but he has never found his form again, lets hope he finds it with Swindon.
same here I’ve always liked as well I think it was just us two that stuck by him last season on pepsi/Pete forecast league in my opinion over done it on the gym work bulking up to much which has cost him that extra yard of pace unfortunately otherwise the if it was the season before last he would have buried them chances against the MK Dons no problem
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:58 am

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
same here I’ve always liked as well I think it was just us two that stuck by him last season on pepsi/Pete forecast league in my opinion over done it on the gym work bulking up to much which has cost him that extra yard of pace unfortunately otherwise the if it was the season before last he would have buried them chances against the MK Dons no problem

True dat.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 10:00 am

The best thing about this for me regardless of peoples views on how good Jephcott actually is, is the fact that Schuey is making some big decisions, and is serious about getting the right squad. Will be interesting to see how he fares at Swindon.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 10:36 am

akagreengull wrote:
The best thing about this for me regardless of peoples views on how good Jephcott actually is, is the fact that Schuey is making some big decisions, and is serious about getting the right squad. Will be interesting to see how he fares at Swindon.

Nail on the head. Transfers in or out of the club are footballing decisions made by Schuey and the management team. It was pretty obvious Jeps wasn't going to get much game time with the change in the system and the new striker coming in.

Hope he does well with Swindon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 10:40 am

A change could be what helps him kickstart his career as barr that purple patch he had when he broke into the team he went down hill fast and never looked to me like he was that interested in learning how to add to his game as he wasnt getting the ball at the 10 yard line anymore or failing that work on his stamina and strength which was shocking for a guy his age.

I hope he does well at Swindon. If a manager can get him focused and he works on his fitness and ability to change his style up when up front he could be a 20 goals a season guy.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 1:41 pm

I’ve said it before, but he’s a poor mans Tynan. A very good 6 yd box poacher. But he just isn’t a modern day striker at all in terms of athleticism....which in today’s game is a problem when have tracking devices monitoring your every move ( or lack of it ) on a pitch.

That all gets forgotten if you’re hitting the net regularly, but when that dries up and you bring little else to to team...you’re gonna be on borrowed time.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 3:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I’ve said it before, but he’s a poor mans Tynan. A very good 6 yd box poacher. But he just isn’t a modern day striker at all in terms of athleticism....which in today’s game is a problem when have tracking devices monitoring your every move ( or lack of it ) on a pitch.

That all gets forgotten if you’re hitting the net regularly, but when that dries up and you bring little else to to team...you’re gonna be on borrowed time.

This is it, he may or may not do well in a front 2 where the team revolves around sticking it on it on a plate for him.

Having sat near the home bench every other saturday he was picked watching him fail to hold the ball up and Schuey regularly lose his shit him before subbing him off, its fair to say his Argo career was on borrowed time.
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:50 pm

He always looks a little overweight to me
L2 may indeed be his maximum level. Swindon offer 500k if he has a good season and am sure Hallett will take the money
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 3:33 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
He always looks a little overweight to me
L2 may indeed be his maximum level. Swindon offer 500k if he has a good season and am sure Hallett will take the money

£500k? Hallett would take a fiver.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 10:44 am

Plymouth Argyle have January recall clause on striker Luke Jephcott
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 12:47 pm

Just right for him to return and score a hatful of goals as we get automatic promotion.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 12:50 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Plymouth Argyle have January recall clause on striker Luke Jephcott

Another sensible move by the club.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 11:17 am

Scored the winner v newport yesterday a tap in to follow his tap in against Grimsby. I think thats his level in fairness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jephcott to Swindon    Jephcott to Swindon  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jephcott to Swindon
Page 1 of 1