Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs Empty
PostSubject: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 12:28 pm

Sam Cosgrove Signs

From the link wrote:
Argyle have signed Sam Cosgrove on a season-long loan deal from Birmingham City.

The six-foot-five centre forward joins The Pilgrims on transfer deadline day to bolster Steven Schumacher’s squad.

Cosgrove, 25, spent last season out on loan, firstly with Shrewsbury Town and then with AFC Wimbledon, both in Sky Bet League One.

After playing in Everton’s academy, he did his apprenticeship at Wigan Athletic, signing professionally with The Latics and having early loan spells with various sides in the North West before signing for Carlisle United.

After half a season in Cumbria, Sam joined Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership, and a very successful time at Pittodrie. He scored 47 goals in three years with The Dons, including a season in which he notched 17 league goals, the second highest total in the division that season.

His form north of the border led to a move to Birmingham City in January 2021, for whom he has featured 15 times, mostly from the subs’ bench.

Sam will wear the number 16 shirt while he is a Pilgrim.

Welcome, Sam!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 12:36 pm

Another loan signing  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are we really that skint that we wont commit to signing players on perm deals even ones who wouldn't have cost alot if anything in Cosgrove. We are only going to have a handful of players left next summer as it stands with the majority of the squads contracts ending.

Welcome to Sam but ffs i want a little more ambition from the board and not the cheap loan option that brent relied on.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 1:06 pm

Angry wrote:

Are we really that skint that we wont commit to signing players on perm deals even ones who wouldn't have cost alot if anything in Cosgrove. We are only going to have a handful of players left next summer as it stands with the majority of the squads contracts ending.

Welcome to Sam but ffs i want a little more ambition from the board and not the cheap loan option that brent relied on.

I think the difference is with Brent we signed numbers based on them being kick a ball in the right direction. I can see where we've gone with this, he offers an outlet when the defenders are being pressed and hopefully he can do something with us here.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 1:30 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Angry wrote:

I think the difference is with Brent we signed numbers based on them being kick a ball in the right direction. I can see where we've gone with this, he offers an outlet when the defenders are being pressed and hopefully he can do something with us here.

Angers point is still valid, look at the squad we will have next season when the loans go back and contracts, including Pans, expire. We should be building a squad for promotion instead of treading water. This is a very underwhelming signing imo.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 2:00 pm

We are getting a bargain-according to Wiki, he's only 6' 3"!

Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 2:21 pm

Looks like Jeppers is going the other way. Loan to Swindon a possibility
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:12 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Looks like Jeppers is going the other way. Loan to Swindon a possibility

And Pan to a.league 1 club with ambition in Ipswich.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 8:15 pm

Welcome to Argyle Sam.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 8:25 pm

Extremely underwhelmed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs   Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs Empty

Back to top Go down

Incoming!!Sam Cosgrove Signs
Page 1 of 1