Freathy
akagreengull
Les Miserable
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 7:50 pm

Difficult to believe the Bolton boss has been in the game for years. It's all about goals Ian, you done nothing to win this game, never mind 4 or 5 games lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 8:20 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Difficult to believe the Bolton boss has been in the game for years.  It's all about goals Ian, you done nothing to win this game, never mind 4 or 5 games lol

Soundbytes all part of the product these days. I very rarely listen to all the chatter there is too much analyisis, the internationals are feckin insane with hours of crap before a game.
Great start to the season, Hallett needs to back Schuey and the squad in January in actual funds and players and maybe we can keep it up for the whole season, we still don't have a great subs bench unless he's resting Mayor or Hardie.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 8:25 pm

Effing well missed it. Big smack up on the Yelverton-Roborough road which apparently was unpassable according to people who saw it and had turned around. Drove to Bere Alston to see if the train was an option but it had already departed-£24 quid up my shirt [may try for a refund] and a wasted journey, bugger it. Great win though against a pretty good team by all accounts-stats all against Argyle except the one that counts, well done.

Hope the people involved in the crash were ok.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 9:48 pm

Wasn't pretty, but we ground it out,
If we can keep doing this should do well.

Hard to work to get in the team for likes of Jephcott have to see what the fringe players do in the pizza cup tuesday, but right now I'd stick with what we have.

ain't broke doesn't need fixing.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 11:49 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Difficult to believe the Bolton boss has been in the game for years.  It's all about goals Ian, you done nothing to win this game, never mind 4 or 5 games lol

Soundbytes all part of the product these days. I very rarely listen to all the chatter there is too much analyisis, the internationals are feckin insane with hours of crap before a game.
Great start to the season, Hallett needs to back Schuey and the squad in January in actual funds and players and maybe we can keep it up for the whole season, we still don't have a great subs bench unless he's resting Mayor or Hardie.

Couldn't agree more with all the managerial or so-called expert soundbites, I certainly don't waste my time with any of it.

As for January we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.  I don't see Schuey being in a Holloway situation where we had a once in a lifetime opportunity to reach the top flight.  I'm quite happy with steady progress both on and off the field so long as we're competitive in the top half.  I see little point spending £1m to hopefully gain promotion when we're not in a sustainable position to stay up.  Get the necessary work done 1st IMO. Hardie being on the bench has seen Ennis step up, money doesn't buy that.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 8:44 am

Two well taken goals. cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 9:04 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Couldn't agree more with all the managerial or so-called expert soundbites, I certainly don't waste my time with any of it.

As for January we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.  I don't see Schuey being in a Holloway situation where we had a once in a lifetime opportunity to reach the top flight.  I'm quite happy with steady progress both on and off the field so long as we're competitive in the top half.  I see little point spending £1m to hopefully gain promotion when we're not in a sustainable position to stay up.  Get the necessary work done 1st IMO.  Hardie being on the bench has seen Ennis step up, money doesn't buy that.

Thing is that if we are in the same position come January all we would need is a couple more Azaz and Lojonwic type loans and lets not forget that promotion for even one season would generate full houses at HP plus all extra cash that league generates, nothing wrong with ambition and it will generate way more funds for the club than buying more training pitches, which we already have the funds for.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 10:04 am

Both goals were very well taken!  Ennis showed great balance and strength to beat his man and the composure to get off a well placed shot.  Hardie timed his shot perfectly as the angle was narrowing and hit it with the right amount of power to beat the keeper.   I like those goals.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 1:46 pm

[center]

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 4:56 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

As for January we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.  I don't see Schuey being in a Holloway situation where we had a once in a lifetime opportunity to reach the top flight.  I'm quite happy with steady progress both on and off the field so long as we're competitive in the top half.  I see little point spending £1m to hopefully gain promotion when we're not in a sustainable position to stay up.  Get the necessary work done 1st IMO.  Hardie being on the bench has seen Ennis step up, money doesn't buy that.

Thing is that if we are in the same position come January all we would need is a couple more Azaz and Lojonwic type loans and lets not forget that promotion for even one season would generate full houses at HP plus all extra cash that league generates, nothing wrong with ambition and it will generate way more funds for the club than buying more training pitches, which we already have the funds for.

I would imagine most of the extra funding we'd receive in a higher league would go on higher wages and if we weren't seen to be improving the squad you'd still be complaining 'same ol' Argo'.  It's unfortunate we have 20 years of neglect on the horseshoe alone to fix up but at least it's being addressed now.  No idea how much is needed for the new training pitches or even what the full plans are or whether we have enough to cover the costs.  One thing I do know, Mr Hallett is listening to people willing to put their money in, have a chat with him, maybe you can fund the new players you believe we need.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 7:15 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

I would imagine most of the extra funding we'd receive in a higher league would go on higher wages and if we weren't seen to be improving the squad you'd still be complaining 'same ol' Argo'.  It's unfortunate we have 20 years of neglect on the horseshoe alone to fix up but at least it's being addressed now.  No idea how much is needed for the new training pitches or even what the full plans are or whether we have enough to cover the costs.  One thing I do know, Mr Hallett is listening to people willing to put their money in, have a chat with him, maybe you can fund the new players you believe we need.

You know I talk sense, feck talking to Hallett he don't like us on the terraces. We've heard for ages how we can't spend money we haven't got now we have it and all the fans are lining up to explain why we can't spend that on the team. I see where I have been going wrong all these years supporting the team not the chairman.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 7:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

You know I talk sense, feck talking to Hallett he don't like us on the terraces. We've heard for ages how we can't spend money we haven't got now we have it and all the fans are lining up to explain why we can't spend that on the team. I see where I have been going wrong all these years supporting the team not the chairman.

There's many a time I would've agreed with your stance but now isn't one of them. Haven't you done a u-turn, didn't you once fully back Stapleton? Apologies if I'm wrong. All I'm seeing right now is an owner putting in unseen before wealth, his own money, improving our club on and off the pitch. The improvements are there for all to see and the supporters are behind him. You're in a very small minority pal.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 2:43 am

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 8:42 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

There's many a time I would've agreed with your stance but now isn't one of them.  Haven't you done a u-turn, didn't you once fully back Stapleton?  Apologies if I'm wrong.  All I'm seeing right now is an owner putting in unseen before wealth, his own money, improving our club on and off the pitch.  The improvements are there for all to see and the supporters are behind him.  You're in a very small minority pal.  

I like being different mate always have done. As for Halletts own money that is all protected in bricks and mortar what I can't get my head around is why he won't spend money that the CLUB has generated via ST sales and Covid windfalls, or even some of it on the team?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 11:40 am

Tgwu wrote:
Bolton boss Ian Evatt

I’m trying to figure out how we lost. I know how we lost, we lost again the moments. Between boxes, we controlled the game, completely dominated the game. But we lost the battle and we lost the moments in both boxes.

We had enough chances to win four or five games and their two moments we didn’t defend well enough and if you do that, you lose football matches. We’ve come here, we’ve completely dominated, completely dictated the game and just been sucker punched twice and we have to be better.

They had a couple of clear cut chances one superbly saved by Cooper, however their plan appeared to be long diagonal balls towards Galloway who isnb't the quickest. Ultimately we solved that by going to a flat back 5 with Lonwijk pushed out to right back and scored a second off the break
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 11:42 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

There's many a time I would've agreed with your stance but now isn't one of them.  Haven't you done a u-turn, didn't you once fully back Stapleton?  Apologies if I'm wrong.  All I'm seeing right now is an owner putting in unseen before wealth, his own money, improving our club on and off the pitch.  The improvements are there for all to see and the supporters are behind him.  You're in a very small minority pal.  

Speaking of Stapleton he was at both the Bolton and Peterborough games with Marcel sat in the lower Grandstand.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 12:43 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Speaking of Stapleton he was at both the Bolton and Peterborough games with Marcel sat in the lower Grandstand.

He's been to more games than Sigh this season. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Bolton   Argyle v Bolton - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Bolton
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2