Go down 
+3
Chemical Ali
Freathy
Nick
7 posters
AuthorMessage

When will they ever learn Empty
PostSubject: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 pm

I see on Pasoti they are still blaming the Plymouth public for our lack of support lol......Newell leading the charge as usual jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Lack of support? I think the crowds this season have been exceptional, when you bear in mind our league position, and the quality of football on offer.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Ah. One of these types of threads came up on PASOTI, ooh, something like 18 months ago. Maybe two years. Mr Newell posted one of these 'outside the Guildhall' photographs with similar comments. I expressed my disbelief that the club's woes were being laid at the door of said fans. A few weeks later I tried to change the email address that my account was registered too.

And that was the very last thing I posted on that site, as my account, oddly, remained inactive despite emails to the admin address asking them to verify the change of email.

I am, however, very much looking forward to playing village cricket again in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 pm

It's like Stapleton whining that the 16000 that went to watch west ham never came back the next season, no understanding of consumer mentality at all just hoping that punters would continue to turn up when in any line of business you have to invest or you go backwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Exactly the support this season has been outstanding, simply outstanding.In previous seasons we have been down to 4000 yet against Bristol Rovers we had 7500 yet PASOTI still call for more.What do they want.... Blood? Green of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:10 pm

The subject of why the lack of support or rather numbers has been done to death on most football forums over a long period. Generally however statistics support the fact that when the team is promotion possible or bound then the numbers do go up dramatically so the title "glory hunters" is almost bound to be trotted out. There is nothing wrong with asking for more people to come in my book however expecting more is a bit optimistic.

Some bloke from up North posted something on not606 a short time ago talking about Swansea when in our position and what happened numbers wise at that time. He was telling us on there that we should attend in huge numbers and support the team. I pointed out to him then that this season and the last two have not been down to lack of support numbers wise but a poor team. To lay any blame at the feet of supporters was totally wrong in this case. This season despite the product on offer I have not heard the team booed or jeered at any time nor the manager. The people who go have been very supportive considering and have stuck with it. Much more than most teams would seriously expect in this position. It is the team and management that need to reward these people not the other way around.

Even most of the teams that have had a successful season cannot boast our turnout either at home or away. But I'd like to see the ground full so have no problem with asking more to attend. I don't expect them to as I think has been said on the PASOTI thread also so nobody is getting carried away with the idea.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:10 am

The 'glory hunter' is THE most mis-used term when it comes to Argyle support. There were no 'glory hunters' in the 16k-19k that turned out when we were first promoted the Championship. How can you have 'glory hunters' at Argyle FFS?! There were only supporters who were glad to see to see the team back at it's natural level playing resonable football against some famous clubs after nearly 20 years of utter shite in the lower league wilderness. The numbers started to ease off slightly after the novelty of promotion wained and of course further fell away once it became clear what *****wallet's level of ambition was. These puffed up, self important superfans with nothing better to do apart from spending a fortune watching shite and looking down their noses at anyone who does not fit their profile of the perfect fan and labeling them 'moaners' or 'glory hunters' really piss me off. They think only Argyle fans moan. They should try listening to fans of some other clubs who actually expect success. Our support has been magnificent this season in spite of the disgraceful situation on and off the pitch. FFS!!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 am

Will our esteemed ex-chairman be venturing to Home Park on Saturday to support his son-in-law (who I think has a shoulder injury- hasn't played in Bradford's last couple of games)?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:59 am

Freathy wrote:
The 'glory hunter' is THE most mis-used term when it comes to Argyle support. There were no 'glory hunters' in the 16k-19k that turned out when we were first promoted the Championship. How can you have 'glory hunters' at Argyle FFS?! There were only supporters who were glad to see to see the team back at it's natural level playing resonable football against some famous clubs after nearly 20 years of utter shite in the lower league wilderness. The numbers started to ease off slightly after the novelty of promotion wained and of course further fell away once it became clear what *****wallet's level of ambition was. These puffed up, self important superfans with nothing better to do apart from spending a fortune watching shite and looking down their noses at anyone who does not fit their profile of the perfect fan and labeling them 'moaners' or 'glory hunters' really piss me off. They think only Argyle fans moan. They should try listening to fans of some other clubs who actually expect success. Our support has been magnificent this season in spite of the disgraceful situation on and off the pitch. FFS!!!

Do these dimwits really believe that normal people want to be involved in the seemingly endless shambles that has been PAFC ?

The few intelligent local diehards are there out of a lifetime's addiction. The majority, are the real glory hunting buffoons who lurch behing whatever suit will smooth them and all in the name of being 'praaaaaaper faaaaans'. Even they will weaken when there are more goons in the directors' shack at Ebbsfleet than Avivas standing in the rain.
Pathetically predictable janner mentality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:58 pm

I see on Pasoti they are now planning a pitch invasion to celebrate the dubious honour being not quite the worst 2 teams in the football league..
Only on Pasoti

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:18 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I see on Pasoti they are now planning a pitch invasion to celebrate the dubious honour being not quite the worst 2 teams in the football league..
Only on Pasoti

People being happy that we didn't get liquidated and against all the odds didn't go down shock .

Next season we rebuild and we have a proper preseason and we start again . Yes we are in the shit yes its been a nightmare but I love this club and we will rise again .

Cue abuse .
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Could this whole "fans not backing Argyle tosh be a prelude to "Argyle unable to compete in transfer market due to poor attendances" crap from the club.

See also Webb's post on the Gordon Bennett thread. Already laying the groundwork for another batch of free transfer signings, I suspect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:32 pm

greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Only on Pasoti

People being happy that we didn't get liquidated and against all the odds didn't go down shock .

Next season we rebuild and we have a proper preseason and we start again . Yes we are in the shit yes its been a nightmare but I love this club and we will rise again .

Cue abuse .

Seriously greengenes, I know you're 100% green and all that. So am I. So is every one of the Argyle fans that post on here. But a pitch invasion to celebrate being the 3rd, 4th or 5th crappest team in the English Leagues? Behave yourself. I'll celebrate when we've won something. Celebrating that we didn't get liquidated? How long is that one going to keep getting trotted out? I did my celebrating of that one on the day the club was sold to Brent; it's history now, and you're beginning to sound like one of those Coalition Ministers, constantly blaming every bad bit of economic news on a Government that left power 2 years ago. Sooner or later you've got to start living in the Present and accept that we're now in this position because of decisions taken THIS season.

Sometimes I despair of Tringy when he comes out with his 'village' and 'Aviva Boys' comments, but to invade the pitch and celebrate because we've managed to finish above a minimum of two other Crap Fourth Division Clubs? That's about as 'village' and 'Aviva Boy' as it gets.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:33 pm

The budget will be 55% of turnover. So the Playing budget for next season will be about £2m. Paying transfer fees at this level would be a stupid thing to do because it would eat into that £2m.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Wages are restricted to 55% of turnover, there's no restriction on transfer fees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Only on Pasoti

Cue abuse .

Seriously greengenes, I know you're 100% green and all that. So am I. So is every one of the Argyle fans that post on here. But a pitch invasion to celebrate being the 3rd, 4th or 5th crappest team in the English Leagues? Behave yourself. I'll celebrate when we've won something. Celebrating that we didn't get liquidated? How long is that one going to keep getting trotted out? I did my celebrating of that one on the day the club was sold to Brent; it's history now, and you're beginning to sound like one of those Coalition Ministers, constantly blaming every bad bit of economic news on a Government that left power 2 years ago. Sooner or later you've got to start living in the Present and accept that we're now in this position because of decisions taken THIS season.

Sometimes I despair of Tringy when he comes out with his 'village' and 'Aviva Boys' comments, but to invade the pitch and celebrate because we've managed to finish above a minimum of two other Crap Fourth Division Clubs? That's about as 'village' and 'Aviva Boy' as it gets.

Behave myself ? Never . We won't be as such celebrating but it will be an outlet of pent up tension and worry that has gone on for 18 or more months . I'll do as I please mate . Each to their own . You choose your path and I'll walk mine . Take care .
Lets all look forward to a better future . Pleasant surprises ahead .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:57 pm

greengenes wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Only on Pasoti

Cue abuse .

Behave myself ? Never . We won't be as such celebrating but it will be an outlet of pent up tension and worry that has gone on for 18 or more months . I'll do as I please mate . Each to their own . You choose your path and I'll walk mine . Take care .

Wear your wig with pride
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Only on Pasoti

Cue abuse .

Wear your wig with pride

never worn one in my life . next .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Nice. A hefty fine from the Football League would really be welcome.

Good to see our leader's tacitly supporting the idea, though. Hopefully that'll ensure a good number of those who've been making life a misery for loads of good people in my block won't be back to do the same next season.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:19 pm

we're in for another struggle next season too................we just got to hope we can find two teams worse than us again lol!

assuming we dont throw away our 'good' lol! position we currently have.................. affraid
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Only on Pasoti

Cue abuse .

Well thank you kind sir. Myself and dear old Freathy have developed our antagonistic styles out of the sheer frustration at being unable to convince the blinkered majority to look outside their parochial comfort zone, through reasoned argument.
The fact that our predictions over many years have sadly been realised, does not give us any pleasure.
The compliance demanded to be classed as a proper fan and a meek acceptance of total mediocrity is not for us.
The club is in our soul but the people running the show are not.
It is so nauseatingly village and Aviva !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:39 am

I could totally understand the pitch invasion after managing to stay up this year, it would just be like letting go of the lid of a pressure cooker that has been simmering for about 3 years, a gesture of relief, it would also be a bit of a laugh and isn't that what football is after all, Saturday afternoon entertainment? As for the fine, I don't believe it will happen, Newcastle got away scot free as did every other club who has indulged in the last few years. Send in the clowns I say. clown
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:41 am

Iggy wrote:
I could totally understand the pitch invasion after managing to stay up this year, it would just be like letting go of the lid of a pressure cooker that has been simmering for about 3 years, a gesture of relief, it would also be a bit of a laugh and isn't that what football is after all, Saturday afternoon entertainment? As for the fine, I don't believe it will happen, Newcastle got away scot free as did every other club who has indulged in the last few years. Send in the clowns I say. clown

Wouldn't matter anyway. Nool would frame a photo of the invasion, signed by the team and Nikk would buy it............ fine paid ! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When will they ever learn   When will they ever learn Empty

Back to top Go down

When will they ever learn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: