Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle

Go down 
+9
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
Grovehill
Savageandstrand
RegGreen
Greenskin
Jethro
Freathy
akagreengull
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grovehill




Posts : 1872
Join date : 2012-01-24

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 5:47 pm

Why does the result matter? We have far better infrastructure than Fleetwood
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 5590
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 62
Location : Tavistock area

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 5:54 pm

Yanks out
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8316
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 32
Location : Dorset

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 6:36 pm

Angry wrote:
i struggled to stay awake listen to the comms from argyle tv but the first half we didnt seem to bad :O what happened i wonder

Go back to radio Devon then moron
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8316
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 32
Location : Dorset

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 6:38 pm

We need the goals to come from everywhere on the pitch of this 5-2-2-1 system is ever going to work.

Not just on the heads of the 3, strikers and a winger we have.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15080
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 59
Location : Berkshire

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 7:09 pm

Jethro you have been told to stop abusing other posters. You abuse angry at every opportunity. This is going to stop now or you will be leaving ATD for a while.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7401
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 66
Location : Mutant Abbot

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 7:26 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Jethro you have been told to stop abusing other posters. You abuse angry at every opportunity. This is going to stop now or you will be leaving ATD for a while.

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green




Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-05-29

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 7:39 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Why does the result matter? We have  far better infrastructure than Fleetwood

Perhaps we should aim for Fleetwood's level in infrastructure with a shite pitch and 3k attendances, relying on an owner to fund us.  Would you be happy?  You've either lost the beauty of English football where anyone can beat anyone on any given day or your expectations are just unrealistic. Please explain...


Last edited by Coxside_Green on Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1872
Join date : 2012-01-24

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 7:48 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Why does the result matter? We have  far better infrastructure than Fleetwood

Perhaps we should remain at Fleetwood's level in infrastructure with a shite pitch and 3k attendances, relying on an owner to fund us.  Would you be happy?  Please explain...


3K attendances? That's the problem isn't it. Having attendances 3 or 4 times that means some people think the Club should be spending more than they currently are on the playing resources, while others think that all those fans are a resource to be milked for every penny they can get out of them
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green




Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-05-29

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 8:07 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Why does the result matter? We have  far better infrastructure than Fleetwood

Perhaps we should remain at Fleetwood's level in infrastructure with a shite pitch and 3k attendances, relying on an owner to fund us.  Would you be happy?  Please explain...


3K attendances? That's the problem isn't it. Having attendances 3 or 4 times that means some people think the Club should be spending more than they currently are on the playing resources, while others think that all those fans are a resource to be milked for every penny they can get  out of them

Apologies, I edited after you posted, not that it makes much difference.

There has been a lot said about Fleetwood and how the club has been funded, I won't expand on that for legal reasons.  Imagine Ipswich fans with their fanbase thinking they had a right to finish above us, do you sit there in agreement sympathising with them?  You're nuts, it's not how football works.  You can't put a price on how much that top down harmony is worth, we saw it under Luggy and we're seeing it again now.  The overall improvements, as small as they may be, are evident. Defeat at Fleetwood doesn't change that.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1025
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 8:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wilson needs to go the second goal was on him for failing to do the number one thing a defender is trained to do defend.... He is a liability and simply isnt fast enough to defend on the right hand side of 3 man defence. Time to move him on and bring someone in who can do the job. If the new guy from Wolves is ready nows the time to play him there.

first goal was a defensive error from the team they should have dealt with that it was textbook stuff. In fact we where lucky not to have gone 1-0 down as the highlights will show.

bad day at the office much work needs to be done especially defending ready for saturday for Peterborough at home game 2.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green




Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-05-29

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 9:12 pm

Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wilson needs to go the second goal was on him for failing to do the number one thing a defender is trained to do defend.... He is a liability and simply isnt fast enough to defend on the right hand side of 3 man defence. Time to move him on and bring someone in who can do the job. If the new guy from Wolves is ready nows the time to play him there.

first goal was a defensive error from the  team they should have dealt with that it was textbook stuff. In fact we where lucky not to have gone 1-0 down as the highlights will show.

bad day at the office much work needs to be done especially defending ready for saturday for Peterborough at home game 2.

That's a bit harsh after 1 game ain't it?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7014
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 9:18 pm

Angry wrote:
bad day at the office much work needs to be done especially defending


"Excellent L1 game" according to aka, he watched it on the radio.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1025
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 9:37 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wilson needs to go the second goal was on him for failing to do the number one thing a defender is trained to do defend.... He is a liability and simply isnt fast enough to defend on the right hand side of 3 man defence. Time to move him on and bring someone in who can do the job. If the new guy from Wolves is ready nows the time to play him there.

first goal was a defensive error from the  team they should have dealt with that it was textbook stuff. In fact we where lucky not to have gone 1-0 down as the highlights will show.

bad day at the office much work needs to be done especially defending ready for saturday for Peterborough at home game 2.

That's a bit harsh after 1 game ain't it?

no no coxside ive been off him for a while not just after 1 game into the new season. I was calling for a replacement for him at the end of last season as hes too slow for that role and if we had to keep him regardless move him into the middle and have him compete with Scarr for the that role as that might work out well for all.

The second goal was down to him despite his protests in the video he failed to close down their 32? twice and completely miscued his tackle that allowed that goal to be set up. He did that too many times for me last season and its getting to the point schumacher has to address it.


Last edited by Angry on Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1025
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 9:38 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
bad day at the office much work needs to be done especially defending


"Excellent L1 game"     according to aka, he watched it on the radio.

that's a requirement to be a mod on pasoti so im told Wink

I'm joking aka I'm joking lol
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7401
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 66
Location : Mutant Abbot

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 9:39 pm

Yep watched it on the radio, I thought it sounded quite an exciting end to end game. Also the radio Devon com kept telling me the game was (quote) "a credit to L 1 football" " and a pleasure to watch" so I thought it was a good game.
Maybe my cynical judgement is starting to fail me.
Will watch the highlights tomorrow.
Did you watch it Les Mis?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7014
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 9:58 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Yep watched it on the radio, I thought it sounded quite an exciting end to end game. Also the radio Devon com kept telling me the game was (quote) "a credit to L 1 football" " and a pleasure to watch" so I thought it was a good game.
Maybe my cynical judgement is starting to fail me.
Will watch the highlights tomorrow.
Did you watch it Les Mis?


Yes, very average fayre imo. Radio dem and argo tv are painful to listen too, I watched it on the fleetwood ifollow, much more balanced.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green




Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-05-29

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 10:00 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wilson needs to go the second goal was on him for failing to do the number one thing a defender is trained to do defend.... He is a liability and simply isnt fast enough to defend on the right hand side of 3 man defence. Time to move him on and bring someone in who can do the job. If the new guy from Wolves is ready nows the time to play him there.

first goal was a defensive error from the  team they should have dealt with that it was textbook stuff. In fact we where lucky not to have gone 1-0 down as the highlights will show.

bad day at the office much work needs to be done especially defending ready for saturday for Peterborough at home game 2.

That's a bit harsh after 1 game ain't it?

no no coxside ive been off him for a while not just after 1 game into the new season. I was calling for a replacement for him at the end of last season as hes too slow for that role and if we had to keep him regardless move him into the middle and have him compete with Scarr for the that role as that might work out well for all.

The second goal was down to him despite his protests in the video he failed to close down their 32? twice and completely miscued his tackle that allowed that goal to be set up. He did that too many times for me last season and its getting to the point schumacher has to address it.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion. I'm sure Shuey and his team will also have their opinion and address things as the season progresses. Putting him in the middle does seem a reasonable alternative, he ain't no spring chicken.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5050
Join date : 2015-07-08

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 12:12 am

Same old problem can’t concentrate and see the game out plus shit defending a lethal combination with been suffering for a few seasons now
Can’t come soon enough getting that new kid in at the back
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8316
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 32
Location : Dorset

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 1:26 am

Just seen the highlights, why the feck do we continue to let teams run at us, put a tackle in ffs Gilllespey and wilson both at fault for first and second goals.

stick a foot towards the ball ffs.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7014
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 7:31 am

Jethro wrote:
Just seen the highlights, why the feck do we continue to let teams run at us, put a tackle in ffs Gilllespey and wilson both at fault for first and second goals.

stick a foot towards the ball ffs.


Tackling is sooo 1980s
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7401
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 66
Location : Mutant Abbot

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 8:56 am

Hmm, second Fleetwood goal was a whole series of poor tackling and blocks, imagine Schuey was fuming at that.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 5590
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 62
Location : Tavistock area

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 9:11 am

Jethro wrote:
Just seen the highlights, why the feck do we continue to let teams run at us, put a tackle in ffs Gilllespey and wilson both at fault for first and second goals.

stick a foot towards the ball ffs.


The first goal was nothing to do with Gilesphey. Someone had to go to meet the man with the ball or there would have been a gap big enough to drive the Titantic through. Someone, ie Butcher or Mumba should have been awake enough to realise that there was a midfield runner getting in behind them and they weren't-a midfielders job is at both ends of the pitch, not just the flashy attacking stuff.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 9:45 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Such a shame we don't have the money to improve the strike force. Smile

Shame you never have anything intelligent to say.

Scrappy game, draw would have been a fair result. Incredibly fussy referee, who's refusal to book any Fleetwood player was quite amazing.
Another game where just a bit of quality in their half would probably have put the game to bed.


lol! Plenty more of that coming this season bhey.

Sounds like you want to prove yourself right rather than support the club in what they're trying to achieve.

A front three of Hardie, Mayor and Azaz will or at least should pose a lot of threat most games.  It's not all about strikers, it's a team game, I would've thought someone with your aged experience would've realised this by now.  If I have any criticism today then it would be the lack of goals from set plays, especially corners.

After the absolute beasting that I've had for expressing a differing opinion on here I guess that you all earned that one, as for strikers or goals for that matter we only have one striker, Hardie who produces the goals consistently and to progress up the league with year on year improvement which is the stated goal of Hallett I can't see where the extra goals will come from this season to achieve that? Azaz looks great but he would be even better delivering killer balls to an out and out striker. Also if Hardie picks up an injury we will be fooked like at the end of last season. Goals win games not blindly supporting the chairman and I think he has got it wrong, time will tell of course and if we get promoted at the end of the season I will be celebrating as wildly as anyone and happily admit I was wrong unlike most on here that have given me dogs abuse who will as ever just change their story.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6070
Join date : 2011-05-12

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 12:02 pm

I don't think we have recruited very well (so far) mainly due to budget and if we spend time in the bottom quarter of the table after 10 games then support for the chairman will quite rightly wane rapidly. As it happens I still think we'll be comfortably mid-table next May but play-offs - not a snowballs chance in hell.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5050
Join date : 2015-07-08

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 1:11 pm

All the managers & assistants and assistants of assistants with got at the club Any know about tackling & running a opponent down the line and finally put the ball out of play …just asking like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle
» Fleetwood Town 19:45 Plymouth Argyle
» PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V FLEETWOOD TOWN (pre game videos interviews)
» Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.
» Plymouth Argyle v Fleetwood Preview - Scores

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: