Earwegoagain
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 8:35 pm

Burton held us and Wigan to a 0 - 0 at their place, and beat Rotherham 2 - 0, so nothing guaranteed there for Wycombe.

As for today, that was a decent point at this stage of the season, first half was mostly Wigan which you would expect from a team at the top, but we held firm, one great save from Coops, but there wasn't really much else to worry us.

We were much better second half, Broom and Sess caused them all sorts of problems down the right and we deserved the lead, Jephcott pouncing on a howler from their keeper. Could have been two had Grant kept his shot down after being set up by Broom. Their goal had a bit of good fortune about it, it went a long way across the box through a crowd and landed perfectly for the guy to score.

Mayor was missing again today, after playing out of his skin for a couple of months, his last few games have been disappointing. We missed Pan's energy today, although Broom was good second half.

Man of the match for me was Sessegnon, closely followed by Scarr.

Down to the final week, when was the last time a team with 80 points didn't make at least the play offs. It's going to happen next week, just hope it's not us.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:00 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Never thought we stood a chance away at top of the league so a point is an amazing result.  Still think we'll miss out on the last day but 7th place finish is a very good season.

Tuesday night is the one to look at now. Three enticing games that will give a better picture of the top of League One once they have ended, and they could go either way at that. No doubt there will be high attendances at Sunderland and Portsmouth.

All Argyle need to do is beat MK Dons and hope Wycombe have not trounced Burton and get a spot on GD.

Sheff Wed will definitely beat Fleetwood on Tuesday (and most likely beat Pompey next Saturday).   Wycombe will definitely beat Burton next Saturday as Burton are shite and they will win by more than enough goals to turn around the goal difference.   So even if by some miracle we did beat MK Dons by the odd goal (we won't) it's still very likely we will miss out on the play-offs.  Everything points to us finishing 7th.

if we win our game then nothing else matters.

Not true. We can beat MK Dons and still finish 7th.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:01 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Never thought we stood a chance away at top of the league so a point is an amazing result.  Still think we'll miss out on the last day but 7th place finish is a very good season.

Tuesday night is the one to look at now. Three enticing games that will give a better picture of the top of League One once they have ended, and they could go either way at that. No doubt there will be high attendances at Sunderland and Portsmouth.

All Argyle need to do is beat MK Dons and hope Wycombe have not trounced Burton and get a spot on GD.

Sheff Wed will definitely beat Fleetwood on Tuesday (and most likely beat Pompey next Saturday).   Wycombe will definitely beat Burton next Saturday as Burton are shite and they will win by more than enough goals to turn around the goal difference.   So even if by some miracle we did beat MK Dons by the odd goal (we won't) it's still very likely we will miss out on the play-offs.  Everything points to us finishing 7th.

Remind me how you did in the prediction league this season? lol! I know you must hate it but we still have a chance at the playoffs.

I still don't understand how predicting a team you claim to support to lose every week gives him a chubby.

I still think it's a long con from a fan of another southwest team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:02 pm

Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I often wonder why you bother
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Not true.  We can beat MK Dons and still finish 7th.

As grovy said match Wycombe’s result and that’s it
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:34 pm

Jethro wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Remind me how you did in the prediction league this season? lol! I know you must hate it but we still have a chance at the playoffs.

I still don't understand how predicting a team you claim to support to lose every week gives him a chubby.

No, he's definitely an Argyle fan, although that description does seem to lack credibility at times. I've agreed with Freathy over the years in many battles with the beards, green tints and slavishly pro board elements on other sites when it was very obvious that personnel at the top of the club were not fit for purpose but must admit that the incessant pessimism this season does grate on the nerves. Shame really because the good points that he makes tend to get lost in the pool of doom and gloom, although i suspect there is more than an element of wind up in his missives. He may be right and Argyle will miss out but it has been pushed beyond the point of parody now, dread to think what may be forthcoming if Argyle do reach the play offs.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:36 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Incorrect. If we win 1 nil and Wycombe win 3 nil they'll be in the playoffs and we won't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Incorrect. If we win 1 nil and Wycombe win 3 nil they'll be in the playoffs and we won't.

If you read what I actually wrote, “if we match Wycombe’s result” then it’s us not them
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:47 pm

Result = win, lose or draw. Score would've been the correct terminology.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:59 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Result = win, lose or draw. Score would've been the correct terminology.

Pardon my comprehension, awfully sorry old chap must be the southern comfort, or should that be comfort from the south (hic)
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 9:43 am

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 10:06 am

Cheers Ivor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 1:39 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

No, he's definitely an Argyle fan, although that description does seem to lack credibility at times. I've agreed with Freathy over the years in many battles with the beards, green tints and slavishly pro board elements on other sites when it was very obvious that personnel at the top of the club were not fit for purpose but must admit that the incessant pessimism this season does grate on the nerves. Shame really because the good points that he makes tend to get lost in the pool of doom and gloom, although i suspect there is more than an element of wind up in his missives. He may be right and Argyle will miss out but it has been pushed beyond the point of parody now, dread to think what may be forthcoming if Argyle do reach the play offs.
I'm as pissed off as any one.  We do of course have a very slim chance of making the play-offs but in reality the odds are so stacked against us it makes it highly unlikely.  Injuries and poor form have all come along at the wrong time.  Regardless of anything else Wycombe will do a job on a nothing to play for already on their hols shite Burton team whereas we all know we're not going to score many past in form and absolutely everything to play for MK Dons.  But finishing 7th in a tough division with some big name and big spending sides is still a very good season.  Hallett must do everything he can in the summer to support Schuey so he can replace players like Camara with similar quality so we don't go backwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 2:09 pm

Freathy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I'm as pissed off as any one.  We do of course have a very slim chance of making the play-offs but in reality the odds are so stacked against us it makes it highly unlikely.  Injuries and poor form have all come along at the wrong time.  Regardless of anything else Wycombe will do a job on a nothing to play for already on their hols shite Burton team whereas we all know we're not going to score many past in form and absolutely everything to play for MK Dons.  But finishing 7th in a tough division with some big name and big spending sides is still a very good season.  Hallett must do everything he can in the summer to support Schuey so he can replace players like Camara with similar quality so we don't go backwards.

If the board don't go after similar or better quality players regardless to whether Camara stays or goes during the summer after stating the rise in ticket prices was to supplement the transfer budgets more so then i think the fans will start to ask questions and rightly so.

Whatever happens saturday we have had a fantastic season and better than most thought was on the cards and we have the tools to build on that to go one better next season providing we learn from the mistakes of this season and we keep hold of as many of the core of the squad as possible and build on that.

Injuries and lack of options have hurt us again in the final stages of this season. When you have to beg a head teacher to allow one of their pupil's the day off from school to make up the numbers on your first team that tells you all you need to know on our squad size this season again.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 3:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

You can't argue with the logic or probability of the above coming true but until mathematically impossible it's still on. Trouble is on top of posts like the above you have predicted pretty well three nil losses in every game and call us a "poor team" despite being league leaders for over half a season and in the playoffs for months. Shore we are outperforming against much bigger budgeted teams week in week out but a little bit of credit for our achievements wouldn't hurt would it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 3:13 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

If the board don't go after similar or better quality players regardless to whether Camara stays or goes during the summer after stating the rise in ticket prices was to supplement the transfer budgets more so then i think the fans will start to ask questions and rightly so.

Whatever happens saturday we have had a fantastic season and better than most thought was on the cards and we have the tools to build on that to go one better next season providing we learn from the mistakes of this season and we keep hold of as many of the core of the squad as possible and build on that.

Injuries and lack of options have hurt us again in the final stages of this season. When you have to beg a head teacher to allow one of their pupil's the day off from school to make up the numbers on your first team that tells you all you need to know on our squad size this season again.

The long term injuries haven’t helped.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 3:17 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

The long term injuries haven’t helped.

Again can't argue with that much apart from looking at the injury records of most of our injured players they have a history of being injured.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 3:35 pm

Bit morbid on yer, Freathyitis seems to be spreading, the seasons not over yet, we still have a great chance, reserving my seat on the train this week.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 4:14 pm

Might not need to splash the cash too much this summer (if we don't go up)

Randell, Lewis Law Tomlinson are developing, Galloway and G Cooper to return from injury. seen enough of Bolton to think he can hold down a starting place when fully fit.

Decisions need to be made about the loanees though and I expect Major will leave-but Broom is a more than adequate replacement.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 5:58 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Might not need to splash the cash too much this summer (if we don't go up)

Randell, Lewis Law Tomlinson are developing, Galloway and G Cooper to return from injury. seen enough of Bolton to think he can hold down a starting place when fully fit.

Decisions need to be made about the loanees though and I expect Major will leave-but Broom is a more than adequate replacement.

Peterborough relegated yesterday so they may want Broom back. As for Mayor I've gone a bit meh on him tbh. Him and Hardie were our best players but Mayor seems to be a bit undecided what his role is, I think he's a great player but seems to often make the wrong choices. Grant is good but I think we could do better and would love a midfielder that can break with pace, Max Power yesterday and Sunderland's no 9 caused us no end of problems and I would like to see pace and trickery like that in our team. Definitely a bit more quality needed to lift us from edge of playoffs to promotion favourites and to do that we need way more depth to the squad.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 12:56 pm

Cooper you can forget as he's unlikely to play for the club again.

Mayor had a good March but once again we're seeing the player pick the ball up on the edge of the penalty box and beat the same player twice before shooting wide or hanging on to the ball too long and killing the momentum. Contracted till 2023 so he'll be here next season, unless someone else wants a 31 year old midfielder who doesn't score or create assists.

Broom I'd like to see back and would like to see Sessgnon be signed both of whom were brillaint yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 11:37 pm

Be interesting to see what happens with Cooper, he seemed a square peg in a round hole,
He's not a LWB,
So where else apart from in the 3 with mayor, pan etc would he play.

Hope he does stick around liked what I saw before he got injured.

Have to see what he can do under Schumacher, he's under contract so can't see him not being here.

Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 3:37 pm

Jethro wrote:
Be interesting to see what happens with Cooper, he seemed a square peg in a round hole,
He's not a LWB,
So where else apart from in the 3 with mayor, pan etc would he play.

Hope he does stick around liked what I saw before he got injured.

Have to see what he can do under Schumacher, he's under contract so can't see him not being here.

He won't play, he will quite happily sit out the remainder of his 2.5k a week contract, hoovering up Gak until the early hours of Sunday morning in Revs whilst the club pretends he is "long term injured"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 5:12 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Cooper you can forget as he's unlikely to play for the club again.

Mayor had a good March but once again we're seeing the player pick the ball up on the edge of the penalty box and beat the same player twice before shooting wide or hanging on to the ball too long and killing the momentum. Contracted till 2023 so he'll be here next season, unless someone else wants a 31 year old midfielder who doesn't score or create assists.

Broom I'd like to see back and would like to see Sessgnon be signed both of whom were brillaint yesterday.

raised eyebrow raised eyebrow raised eyebrow raised eyebrow raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 5:23 pm

big summer coming up for the squad, Schumacher, Dewsnip and Parkinson need to deliver on the players this squad needs and increase the depth of the squad that its been crying out for especially at the final hurdle of this season that stands to have cost us the playoffs after maintaing our spot in them for the majority of the season. We have a good strong core of players we need to add to it and i hope Hallett's words about increasing ticket prices and bringing in a new sponsor to bump up the transfer budget prove to be the case.

Its worth noting that given alot of our players are going to be out of contract at the end of next season im sure they club is going to start talks with some they want to keep hold off at the beginning of next season if not now aswell so we dont see a mass exodus but im sure one or two will want to move on regardless for more money.

As for George Cooper lets see how he does when pre season starts before writing him off ACL tears arent easy to overcome and the cleanup op he had this season should make his recovery better and if he gets a good pre season under his belt who knows but im sure if he has lost a step in pace schuey will either look to move him out on loan or perm if he cant convert to a central midfielder that can be some in the Mayor role of creating chances. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.   Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wigan vs Argyle match day Fred.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next