Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle

Go down 
+12
Graiser
PlymptonPilgrim
Angry
mouldyoldgoat
RegGreen
VillageGreen
Greenskin
akagreengull
Freathy
Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim


Posts : 2317
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 5:36 pm

Not one of our best performances, couldn't get our passing game going against a side who had been set up not to lose. Mayor was ineffective, Randell was unable to pass the ball to a white shirt (unusual for him), consequently no service to the strikers.

Ipswich didn't look overly dangerous apart from the goal, but one was always going to be enough today.

Despite the doom and gloom, we're still in a strong position and it's still in our own hands. Two worrying injuries though for Bolton and Hardie, hope they're both not too serious.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10670
Join date : 2017-09-09

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 5:46 pm

Always going to be a tough one and I would have bitten your hand off for a point today, not a disaster still in fourth place not bad for a "mid table side". Of course our lack of form today had nothing to do with the easily replaceable Pan not being in the squad,.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1412
Join date : 2020-03-25

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 6:47 pm

We haven’t been 100% on our game for the last 2 games so im not surprised at this result.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 13949
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 8:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1839
Join date : 2012-01-24

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 8:47 pm

Don't think the goal would have stood up to a VAR check.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7332
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 65
Location : Mutant Abbot

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 9:06 am

Agree about the goal, could have should have been 2 nil, bad miss there from Burns right at the end, although Cooper did well to cover the shot.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10670
Join date : 2017-09-09

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 9:19 am

Ipswich are a decent side and no mistake. Anyone that thinks we can compete in this league without players like Camara needs to give their head a wobble.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5411
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 9:19 am

Bad day at the office, we move on.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6027
Join date : 2011-05-12

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 9:37 am

We've seen time and time again we are nowhere good enough to beat the better teams in this division i.e. 5 of our next 6 games plus we have probably lost Hardie for the rest of the season.  I wish yesterday was just a bad day at the office but unfortunately it's much more serious than that.  I really can't see us being in a play-off position at the end of April.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1412
Join date : 2020-03-25

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 10:14 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Ipswich are a decent side and no mistake. Anyone that thinks we can compete in this league without players like Camara needs to give their head a wobble.

Your really trying to make your point but is it really how you perceive it to be, in our recent run below

Rotherham we lost, Camara started
Cambridge we lost, Camara started
Morecambe won, Camara didn’t play
Wimbledon won, Camara didn’t start
Bolton won, Camara didn’t start
Portsmouth won, Camara started
Accrington won, Camara started
Cheltenham won, Camara didn’t play
Ipswich lost, Camara didn’t start

So out of 5 wins he only started 2 

He’s a very good player and I hope he stays but I don’t think he’ll define our season
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1839
Join date : 2012-01-24

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 11:05 am

Camara is good (like Lapado) but not irreplaceable (like Mariner)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 13949
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 1:20 pm



Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 14959
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 59
Location : Berkshire

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 1:42 pm

Thanks Tg.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10670
Join date : 2017-09-09

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 2:00 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Ipswich are a decent side and no mistake. Anyone that thinks we can compete in this league without players like Camara needs to give their head a wobble.

Your really trying to make your point but is it really how you perceive it to be, in our recent run below

Rotherham we lost, Camara started
Cambridge we lost, Camara started
Morecambe won, Camara didn’t play
Wimbledon won, Camara didn’t start
Bolton won, Camara didn’t start
Portsmouth won, Camara started
Accrington won, Camara started
Cheltenham won, Camara didn’t play
Ipswich lost, Camara didn’t start

So out of 5 wins he only started 2 

He’s a very good player and I hope he stays but I don’t think he’ll define our season

He won us the three points against Pompey, his defensive qualities would have made a huge difference yesterday. Look at Ipswich they have sold two players for £2.5m Downs and Dozzel and bought Burgess, Chaplin, Edmonson and Harper for close to £3m. That's mainly why they are better than us, also their players will stay with them because they know they are good vehicle for promotion. We will sell Camara for about £300k, you and Angers will say what a terrific move by the club, whilst our better players will start scanning the situations vacant when they realise the club aren't prepared to invest in promotion. Why you would try and deny something you must have witnessed more than I have baffles me.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1839
Join date : 2012-01-24

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 2:08 pm

He's not even a "must pick" atm
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5411
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 4:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
We've seen time and time again we are nowhere good enough to beat the better teams in this division i.e. 5 of our next 6 games plus we have probably lost Hardie for the rest of the season.  I wish yesterday was just a bad day at the office but unfortunately it's much more serious than that.  I really can't see us being in a play-off position at the end of April.




If Argyle can get seven points from the next three games - Oxford united [H] , Burton Albion [A] and Wycombe Wanderers [A] then that would be 81 and that could possibly be enough to secure a Play-Off spot.

The final three games against the biggies - Sunderland [H] , Wigan Athletic [A] And MK Dons [H] are tough asks but, three or four points from those would suffice.

Only Argyle can screw this up now.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9751
Join date : 2011-10-23

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 4:17 pm

I’m not sure what the issue is here with Camara. He’s a very good player for us and we’re trying to sign him up on improved terms. He’s biding his time, understandably, because he no doubt knows that teams like Ipswich, with twice the size crowds and at least twice the size budget, could easily double his salary overnight, let alone some of the Championship teams.

It ain’t rocket science to figure out what sort of mutiny we’d have in the squad if we were to double his salary overnight - even if it were halfway possible. Either way, he’s tied down till summer ‘23.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10670
Join date : 2017-09-09

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 5:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I’m not sure what the issue is here with Camara. He’s a very good player for us and we’re trying to sign him up on improved terms. He’s biding his time, understandably, because he no doubt knows that teams like Ipswich, with twice the size crowds and at least twice the size budget, could easily double his salary overnight, let alone some of the Championship teams.  

It ain’t rocket science to figure out what sort of mutiny we’d have in the squad if we were to double his salary overnight - even if it were halfway possible. Either way, he’s tied down till summer ‘23.

I get all that I really do. What I don't get is fans saying how great it would be for us to cash in on him. We all know he will go but it seems there are only a couple of us that realize what a loss he would be, obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense really yet we get comments like Groveys . Boils my piss foreshore and you wouldn't hear Pompey or Tractor Bheys saying similar things as their owners know. We finally have an owner who isn't tinpot we now need fans of a similar ilk.
Back to top Go down
gc10




Posts : 2
Join date : 2020-12-20

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 5:22 pm

Thoughts from yesterday.

Ipswich a nice ground, big crowd, lots of history, family orientated but besides when they scored very quiet, poor atmosphere.

As for the game, yes we had an off day, particularly in midfield,with misplaced passes and little creativity, but otherwise very little between the teams. They had 2 good chances, the goal which was borderline offside and Critchlow allowed the guy to cross and Burns firing wide near the end.

We beat them at home and are 10 points ahead of them on merit though I agree they will be up there next season.

A weeks rest and Scarr hopefully back next week should put us back on track.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9751
Join date : 2011-10-23

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 5:32 pm

gc10 wrote:
Thoughts from yesterday.

Ipswich a nice ground, big crowd, lots of history, family orientated but besides when they scored very quiet, poor atmosphere.  

As for the game, yes we had an off day, particularly in midfield,with misplaced passes and little creativity, but otherwise very little between the teams. They had 2 good chances, the goal which was borderline offside and Critchlow allowed the guy to cross and Burns firing wide near the end.

We beat them at home and are 10 points ahead of them on merit though I agree they will be up there next season.

A weeks rest and Scarr hopefully back next week should put us back on track.  


One of my favourite ‘old school’ style stadiums. Proper trek to get there though, particularly yesterday with rail replacement bus service the other side of London. Fair play to those that went.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1412
Join date : 2020-03-25

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 6:19 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I’m not sure what the issue is here with Camara. He’s a very good player for us and we’re trying to sign him up on improved terms. He’s biding his time, understandably, because he no doubt knows that teams like Ipswich, with twice the size crowds and at least twice the size budget, could easily double his salary overnight, let alone some of the Championship teams.  

It ain’t rocket science to figure out what sort of mutiny we’d have in the squad if we were to double his salary overnight - even if it were halfway possible. Either way, he’s tied down till summer ‘23.

I get all that I really do. What I don't get is fans saying how great it would be for us to cash in on him. We all know he will go but it seems there are only a couple of us that realize what a loss he would be, obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense really yet we get comments like Groveys . Boils my piss foreshore and you wouldn't hear Pompey or Tractor Bheys saying similar things as their owners know. We finally have an owner who isn't tinpot we now need fans of a similar ilk.
But nobody said what your implying, it’s just me and Angers didn’t want to dance to your tune.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 13949
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 9:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 13949
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 7:28 pm



Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish




Posts : 174
Join date : 2020-05-28

Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 9:54 am

I'm going to put this down to a bit of legginess, they've played 7 games in March and what was a pretty patched up side.

I'm hoping the injury to Hardie was a result of that and the injury to Bolton is more of an impact rather than any longer term damage.

I hope Bolton is back or Scarr is match ready as Critchlow, quite frankly is shit. I thought he was pretty woeful on debut against Lincoln where he somehow won man of the match. Easily muscled off for the Ipsiwch goal and I get the impression he doesn't want to be here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle   Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Ipswich Town vs. Plymouth Argyle
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town
» Ipswich Town v Plymouth Argyle
» PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V IPSWICH TOWN MATCH DAY (YOUTUBE INTERVIEWS)
» Plymouth Argyle 'agree terms' with Ipswich Town striker
» Argyle had bid rejected for Ipswich Town's defender

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: