+3
Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Quest lost the EFL high lights show Empty
PostSubject: Quest lost the EFL high lights show   Quest lost the EFL high lights show EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 12:34 pm

Exeter City and Plymouth Argyle highlights will have a new home from next season after ITV were awarded the contract.

Fans currently have to tune into Quest to watch match highlights, but from the 2022/23 season, ITV have entered into a two-season partnership with the EFL to will show highlights of the Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League One, Sky Bet League Two, Carabao Cup and the Papa John’s Trophy.

A comprehensive round-up of all the day’s action from across the EFL will be screened in the primetime slot on Saturday at 9pm on ITV4, with a repeat being shown on ITV [main channel] later in the evening after BBC1's Match of the Day.

And for those who want to catch up on all the highlights on Sunday mornings, viewers will be able to watch again on ITV.

Highlights of midweek fixtures, where a full round has taken place, will also be broadcast on ITV and ITV Hub, covering Sky Bet EFL matches.

Each show will feature every goal from every EFL fixture plus detailed analysis from a panel of expert pundits.

ITV will also present extensive coverage of Sky Bet Play-Off semi-finals and finals as well as a highlights programme for each of the Rounds of the Carabao Cup and the two-legged semi-finals and final.

A one-hour programme of highlights from the Papa John’s Trophy Final will be shown on ITV4 on the day of the final. Each highlights programme will be available in full, on a catch-up basis on ITV Hub during the period of 30 days following its first transmission.

EFL Chief Executive Trevor Birch said: “With 1891 matches played across the season, it’s crucial for the EFL that the very best of our match action is widely accessible and we are delighted that ITV will show highlights of our games for the next two years.

“As an experienced major broadcaster with a comprehensive sports portfolio, ITV’s commitment to high quality coverage will showcase the breadth and depth of our competitions to football supporters all over the country.”

Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport, said: "This deal brings viewers free to air coverage of one of the most unpredictable divisions we have in the Sky Bet Championship, the best of the action from Sky Bet League One and League Two alongside the exciting midweek competitions in the Carabao Cup and the Papa John’s Trophy.

“By offering highlights across our platforms, via our channels and on demand on ITV Hub, we hope football fans will enjoy our EFL shows from next season."

The deal further enhances ITV’s portfolio of world-class sports rights, which includes exclusive live coverage of the England men's and England women's football team, the FA Cup, the Six Nations, the Rugby World Cup, Premiership Rugby, horse racing and the Tour de France.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Quest lost the EFL high lights show   Quest lost the EFL high lights show EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 2:10 pm

FFS!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Quest lost the EFL high lights show   Quest lost the EFL high lights show EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 2:45 pm

Each show will feature every goal from every EFL fixture plus detailed analysis from a panel of expert LGBTQ multi ethnic wheelchair bound and probably female pundits. FFS ITV indeed.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Quest lost the EFL high lights show   Quest lost the EFL high lights show EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 11:45 pm

Not all bad news Hollowords is out of another job bald lying Bristolian wanker
Back to top Go down
Mark Edwards

PostSubject: Re: Quest lost the EFL high lights show   Quest lost the EFL high lights show EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 5:23 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Each show will feature every goal from every EFL fixture plus detailed analysis from a panel of expert LGBTQ multi ethnic wheelchair bound and probably female pundits. FFS ITV indeed.
I'm sorry but was there really any need for such a tirade - which just highlights your prejudices. I don't care about the sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability status or sex of the pundits, just their opinions.
Take a look across various TV sports programs and you will see some excellent work by professionals.
To name just a few, Gareth Thomas and Nigel Owens are brilliant for rugby, Alex Scott is excellent on Match of the Day, Sarah Storey is an amazing cyclist.
And no, I'm not some "woke" youngster but just a regular, middle-aged, white bloke who prefers to see talent rather than focus on the things you mention.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Quest lost the EFL high lights show   Quest lost the EFL high lights show EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 8:19 am

Mark Edwards wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm sorry but was there really any need for such a tirade - which just highlights your prejudices.  I don't care about the sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability status or sex of the pundits, just their opinions.  
Take a look across various TV sports programs and you will see some excellent work by professionals.
To name just a few, Gareth Thomas and Nigel Owens are brilliant for rugby, Alex Scott is excellent on Match of the Day, Sarah Storey is an amazing cyclist.
And no, I'm not some "woke" youngster but just a regular, middle-aged, white bloke who prefers to see talent rather than focus on the things you mention.

I'm not the bigoted bloke you would like me to be I also think that pundits should be given the job because they are good at being a pundit/presenter not because of their ethnic or sexual orientation. Did you watch the Larkins recently? Couldn't remember her name earlier but Maggie Alphonsi from ITV on the Rugby is totally unbearable she doesn't know when to STFU. I have no problem with Gabby Logan, I have no problem with Wrighty on the football I don't mind anyone if they are good.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Quest lost the EFL high lights show   Quest lost the EFL high lights show EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 3:04 pm

Quest was always an unusual home for the EFL, but I thought they did it pretty well. In all the years, I never been impressed with ITV's coverage of football at any level.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Quest lost the EFL high lights show   Quest lost the EFL high lights show EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 3:43 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

EFL on Quest has it's own share of people from those categories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest lost the EFL high lights show   Quest lost the EFL high lights show Empty

Back to top Go down

Quest lost the EFL high lights show
Page 1 of 1