Freathy
Greenskin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Scores an injury time winner for QPR against Liverpool.

My team for Saturday;

Button

Connolly
Doumbe
Johnson
Bhasera

Norris
Buzacky
Gosling
Noone

Ebanks Blake
Mackie

Subs
BWP
Stephens
Mason
Barnes
Abdou

What a Face

Trust in Stapes!
Back to top Go down

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Just a headless chicken we got a great deal on. QPR waived what we owed them for Walton. Cracking stuff.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Elliot Ward in for Doumbe, and Paul Gallagher in for Mackie (who drops to the bench in place of Jimmy Abdou) and I reckon thats a team that could see us into the Premiership.

What? You're kidding? How much did we get for them? Stapes knows what he's doing, there must be a good reason for selling them all.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Obviously not going to Northampton to watch Argyle then Greenskin............
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Obviously not going to Northampton to watch Argyle then Greenskin............

Love to watch that team in action up there.No,i can't go to away games these days due to personal circumstances.I've watched Argyle at 67 different league grounds though.How delightfully Aviva of me! lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:19 pm

"What a great bit of business by stapes" said the *****wallet lovers. Well these idiots have now got the 'team' and club they fully deserve.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:21 pm

These days, the only thing the club has that's worth any money is the bloody pitch.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Paul Gallagher in for Mackie

Watched a bit of the Wolves v Man Yoo game on Sunday ahead of the wife watching the tedious Norwich match (couldn't complain, it being mother's day and that) and was wistfully thinking back to his overhead kick (first minute?) that won us the game at Molyneux. Was sat in the seat right in the corner of the back row of the away stand. Fair breaks your heart.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Thought that was looking a little threadbare last night Andy...............

Tongue firmly in cheek comment by me greenskin. If we still had all of those players we would be...................... selling them any day now.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:52 pm

These threads make me sooooo bloody angry!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 pm

He must have one of the best goal/minute ratios in the Prem ffs.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:53 am

I was listening to Talksport earlier and a QPR fan contributed to the show, he described Mackie as "Not Premier League quality but a professional who will always give 100% to the cause" I think we can all suffer with the green tints when talking about him, I for one could become very frustrated watching him at times and remember him being jeered by the HP "faithful" on a number of occasions. Is he better than the fare we have on offer at the moment? That goes without saying but he is no Lionel Messi! In my opinion he is over achieving in his career based on his determination rather than talent. Warnock will probably snap him up for Leeds in the summer, his attitude may well be of Premier League standard however his talent is of Championship level at best.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:13 am

A decent impact player at top level. Headless chickens can bite.

Being the saddo I am when it comes to trying to read the Argyle story, I listened to some of the archived interviews involving Stapes, Holloway etc.

Stapes clearly had the right ideas but lacked the finance. Crucially, he and his greedy chums didn't want to lose their stake in the club, or even water it down. He also comes across as naive when talking about being an established Championship club. In these days, no club, without not too distant top flight exposure, can expect to command attendance figures to fund progress. The bigger fish will always pick off your best staff.

Back to top Go down

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:37 am

Mackie is someone who has improved no end since leaving Argyle. His chance conversion, for instance, has improved dramatically. He is played out wide and still has an overall goal ratio of 1 in 3 games for QPR in games started, which are all Premier League or Championship games. This season alone he has 5 goals from 22 starts in a QPR team that has been languishing near the foot of the Premier League. Not too bad for a team that are one of the lowest scorers in the league. I don't know if the improvement is wholly down to him, or having better players around him, but he has also moved upwards in terms of quality of oppostion and still does the business.

The injury he suffered, a double leg break, tibia/fibula, kept him out for 7 months and take a bit of coming back from, yet he has returned with the club in the Premier League and carried on in the same sort of form as before he got the injury.

He's started 4 games for Scotland and scored 2 goals, and again Scotland hardly score bucketloads of goals, and in these games he has been a bit unlucky not to have scored a few more.

He also creates chances for others and tracks back and puts in a good defensive shift, has never been sent off in his career, and Warnock has said that he is the most willing trainer and hardest grafter in the whole QPR squad. He might not have half the skill of a Taarabt, but he is worth two of them in any team of mine.

I think we sold him to QPR for £500k, and we gave up any possible sell on bonuses, to forego the remainder of the fee we owed them for Simon Walton. I know which one of those two I would rather have, and yet another piece of astute transfer business from Argyle.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:12 am

I don't think that Mackie has ever had the credit he deserves- I know that he is no Messi- and I think that this comes in a large part to the amount of fans that were saying he was crap before he got sold and don't like to be proved wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 pm

There were plenty at City, who said he wasn't even BSPL standard pig Rolling Eyes Those same people also turned our number 1 & player of the season, into a quivering wreck, within 6 months of that award. He now resides in the Championship Rolling Eyes They also stated... oh I could go on and on here, as no doubt you or any other club could Mad Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:14 pm

5 goals in the premiership, and he normally starts on the bench... thats a decent return.

A quality proffesional, i thought Reina could have done better last night however.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:12 am

500k for a guy who didnt score that many goals wasnt a bad deal at the time - but he SHOULD have been a player that we needed to keep hold of to spearhead a promotion challenge...........

at least there was a 'bonus' for their promotion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jamie Mackie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Mackie   Jamie Mackie Empty

Back to top Go down

Jamie Mackie
Page 1 of 1