PostSubject: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 7:36 pm

RUN IN CHART

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TAKEN FROM FREE CHAT
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 9:16 pm

We ain't going to finish in the top 2 so we just need to stay in the top six. Getting as good as or better results than Sheff Wed and Oxford is all we need to concentrate on.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 7:05 pm

March clearly the best opportunity accumulate pointage.  April not so good.  Finishing in a play-off place really would be a major achievement this season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 7:29 pm

Us and Oxford have the worst run in that is a proper bastard. I really wouldn't mind another quality defender on loan.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 9:28 pm

Wouldn't call 9 home games out of 15 a bad run in.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 9:14 am

Grovehill wrote:
Wouldn't call 9 home games out of 15 a bad run in.

What I meant was that five out of six of our last games are against top six sides, we literally play all our rivals, great if we win them all.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 9:26 am

Difficult games for the opposition too, nobody would relish coming down here late in the season with a partisan crowd inside HP and an Argyle team with everything to play for. All in the melting pot and the winnable or losable games theory goes out of the window-would be nice to put together a Dave Smith style 9 wins in a row between now and the last few matches though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 12:06 pm

A bit of a cushion would be nice, I personally think we are up to a top six finish.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 5:17 pm

Just bumping as I'm sure everyone will be looking
Back to top Go down
GeeGeeBilla

GeeGeeBilla

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 6:40 am

Grovehill wrote:
Just bumping as  I'm sure everyone will be looking

Can do no more than take one game at a time now
Really would like to to avoid Sunderland in any semi final play off. Whilst we are more than capable of beating them Stadium of Light away with a full house would be ferocious to say the least

Wait to the final to totally terminate them
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 9:01 am

We'd better hope we can get something against Burton because realistically we're getting nothing at all from the remaining 4 games after that.  With the teams just below us all having games in hand and all very unlikely to drop points it's more likely than not we'll finish outside the play-off places.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 9:17 am

Freathy wrote:
We'd better hope we can get something against Burton because realistically we're getting nothing at all from the remaining 4 games after that.  With the teams just below us all having games in hand and all very unlikely to drop points it's more likely than not we'll finish outside the play-off places.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 10:05 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 10:08 am

Sunderland have to go to Oxford and Argyle, Wycombe to play Argyle and Wednesday, Oxford also play MK Dons and Rotherham.

I think 5 points will see us in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 10:09 am

Freathy wrote:

Oxford play Sunderland next Saturday Freathers. 't would indeed be some achievement for neither side to drop points in that one.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 12:34 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Oxford play Sunderland next Saturday Freathers. 't would indeed be some achievement for neither side to drop points in that one.

cheers Freathy is praying we are promoted so that next season he can predict some losses with confidence.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 11:50 am

Looking at the run in, it looks like 80 points will be needed to secure play-offs.

Oxford have 3 games against top 6 sides all at home for their run in. Of which they'll need to win 4 realistically.

Wycombe have the easier run in but have us and Wednesday at home to come and 2 potentially tricky away games at an improving Gillingham and a Cambridge team that have blown hot and cold but have feck all to play for.

I think both have slightly too much to do now though and I don't think there will be much change in the current order. Rotherham haven't had a great run of late but they have what looks like a decent run in.

I'd like to avoid Sunderland in the semi's other than that I don't think we have much to fear

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 1:07 pm

Sunderland's last game of the season is against Morecambe. Del might do us a favour
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 3:17 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Looking at the run in, it looks like 80 points will be needed to secure play-offs.

Oxford have 3 games against top 6 sides all at home for their run in. Of which they'll need to win 4 realistically.

Wycombe have the easier run in but have us and Wednesday at home to come and 2 potentially tricky away games at an improving Gillingham and a Cambridge team that have blown hot and cold but have feck all to play for.

I think both have slightly too much to do now though and I don't think there will be much change in the current order. Rotherham haven't had a great run of late but they have what looks like a decent run in.

I'd like to avoid Sunderland in the semi's other than that I don't think we have much to fear

I was thinking around 80/82 points should suffice for a PO spot.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 8:22 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Aiming for that second place now. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 10:29 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Based on current PPG, the only 2 other sides realistically in with a shout will get to 79.

In the past few years the final position has been around the 73 point mark
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 8:50 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Sunderland's last game of the season is against Morecambe. Del might do us a favour

Del's bheys are beating Oxford 2 1 Dons down to eight, think we dealt them a blow they aren't going to recover from. MK and Wigan both winning Rotherham down to third and could drop further.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 8:12 am

Think results last night probably end auto hopes for us and possibly nudges Oxford out of the running. Think we could be looking at 83 to be sure, a win Saturday is crucial
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 9:04 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Think results last night probably end auto hopes for us and possibly nudges Oxford out of the running. Think we could be looking at 83 to be sure, a win Saturday is crucial

Agreed although we play MK last game of season they would have to lose a couple of games besides ours to let us in, doesn't look like them or Wigan will drop many if any. One more win will see us with playoff place imo.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 10:47 am

Still plenty to play for, odds against automatics but still very possible-nothing is certain at this stage of the season as Del bhey's bheys proved last night. One game at a time and all the rest of it, keep the back door shut in the same way as the last eight games and they're all winnable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RUN IN CHART Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUN IN CHART   RUN IN CHART Empty

Back to top Go down

RUN IN CHART
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: