The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

plymouth have sold out the south stand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

plymouth have sold out the south stand Empty
PostSubject: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 pm

HUGE CROWD CERTAIN FOR PLYMOUTH CLASH
Posted on: Wed 21 Mar 2012

Northampton Town's visit from Plymouth Argyle is expected to see the largest crowd of the season at Sixfields, and already some areas of the ground only have limited availability.

The visitors have been allocated 1,500 tickets, which includes the South Stand and half of the East Stand.

The Cobblers Group Tickets scheme is set for a record breaking afternoon, with more than 700 supporters due to attend through the scheme, while general sales are already at a far more advanced stage than expected.
Article continues
Advertisement

A large number of corporate guests have also booked for the game, with the club's main Executive Restaurant sold out weeks ago. An additional hospitality package created for the extra demand is also close to selling out.

Supporters looking to attend the game, particularly those who are keen to sit in groups in a certain area or stand are advised to book their tickets as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

The East Stand only has a small number of individual seats left. Because of this, any left on Saturday will not be sold from the portacabin, but will be on sale from the main box office only. The West Stand is filling up fast, with limited availability in certain areas. Again, tickets for sections of this stand may not be available from the portacabin on Saturday because of limited availability. The North Stand is also very busy, with seats filling up fast. It is possible that tickets for this stand may not be available on arrival. Plymouth have sold the South Stand and are now selling their East Stand allocation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Anyone from.on here going ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Still on daddy duties so can't go. Northampton is a weird place to get to from the southwest, and really hard to get to by train, so well done to the fans for making it in such numbers. I think their biggest crowd so far this season has been for Swindon, 5808 with ,1366 away fans, so looks like we could beat that.

If that's the case it will easily beat the 5762 at home park, but there were not quite as many away fans as expected on Saturday, as they brought 268 to hp.

Argyles away support is brilliant and is much larger as a percentage of the average home gates. I know it's rich coming from me who has only been able to make two games this season, but if our home gates were a direct comparison to other clubs home/away totals, we should be getting 10k plus every home game. Not sure what that says, too expensive at home park, or large numbers from exiles or just fans fed up of the fayre served up at home park, but it is a point that should be looked at. The opposition are raking it in from our away support, whereas we don't collect enough from home games.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Still on daddy duties so can't go. Northampton is a weird place to get to from the southwest, and really hard to get to by train, so well done to the fans for making it in such numbers. I think their biggest crowd so far this season has been for Swindon, 5808 with ,1366 away fans, so looks like we could beat that.

If that's the case it will easily beat the 5762 at home park, but there were not quite as many away fans as expected on Saturday, as they brought 268 to hp.

Argyles away support is brilliant and is much larger as a percentage of the average home gates. I know it's rich coming from me who has only been able to make two games this season, but if our home gates were a direct comparison to other clubs home/away totals, we should be getting 10k plus every home game. Not sure what that says, too expensive at home park, or large numbers from exiles or just fans fed up of the fayre served up at home park, but it is a point that should be looked at. The opposition are raking it in from our away support, whereas we don't collect enough from home games.

Plymouth is a city. Most qualified people have to move away for work. Our exiles must make up 50% plus of away support.

I was thinking of going but am flying back to Cyprus tonight having got through some blood tests successfully.

Must say, I was optimistic for the last two games but fear for us on Saturday. Boothroyd is doing the business. He'd have been perfect for a bigger club like us .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:43 pm

greengenes wrote:
Anyone from.on here going ?

Yes. Myself and London green are planning on a pre match pint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Plymouth is a city. Most qualified people have to move away for work. Our exiles must make up 50% plus of away support.

I was thinking of going but am flying back to Cyprus tonight having got through some blood tests successfully.

Must say, I was optimistic for the last two games but fear for us on Saturday. Boothroyd is doing the business. He'd have been perfect for a bigger club like us .
Boothroyd would have been the perfect fit for Argyle.Has got the T shirt,done it all before, etc etc....perfect fit..........
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Fletcher's driving the team bus up to Northampton.

Leaving Plymouth 9 o'clock Saturday morning so they get there for an early lunch.

But if anyone asks, he won't remember who drove.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:34 pm

I'll be there with 3 friends GG.

Hoping for 3 points and a quality atmosphere, Think i may only get one of the things im asking for mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:51 pm

HUGE CROWD CERTAIN FOR PLYMOUTH CLASH.....LMAO...you will read that every week when we are in the BSP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Used to live fairly near there. An awful soul-less modern kit-ground built on an old rubbish tip. Even worse I never found a good pub nearby or even in the centre.

I was there some years ago when we played there and gave their keeper hell. The away stand is right up close to the pitch. Woodman? Woodfield? Or something like that. He had played for Exeter so he didn't stand a chance. It clearly rattled him. Nothing vicious but lots of jibes and calling his name.

I am sure that our fans will bring a touch of colour to their drab existence. Whether they allow us to take away a point is doubtful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Fletcher's driving the team bus up to Northampton.

Leaving Plymouth 9 o'clock Saturday morning so they get there for an early lunch.

But if anyone asks, he won't remember who drove.

Dunno about anyone else, but this is my favourite post of the day lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: plymouth have sold out the south stand   plymouth have sold out the south stand Empty

Back to top Go down

plymouth have sold out the south stand
Page 1 of 1