Czarcasm
Jethro
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Lincoln City Home - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 6:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Agree totally the season is definitely "not over" at this point, unfortunately the pessimistic janner thinking tends to pervade the collective psyche of most areas of life.
So glad I escaped the muff 30yrs ago.
Enjoy the ride.

I wouldn't say the season is over but alarm bells should be ringing. Lost at home to a lower league side in the last minute after we we took the lead in the first half. Shuey himself said last week's performance was the worst he has witnessed things have got to change and soon.

Does make you wonder if a few of the players signed up to play for the previous encumbant and don't want to play for Schumacher
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 7:45 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Agree totally the season is definitely "not over" at this point, unfortunately the pessimistic janner thinking tends to pervade the collective psyche of most areas of life.
So glad I escaped the muff 30yrs ago.
Enjoy the ride.

Agree the season is not over although Argo's race for the play-offs is clearly over we aren't yet safe from being sucked into the scrap at the other end of the table.  Especially if we have many more horror shows like today and last week.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 8:30 pm

Mayor had a back injury
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:19 pm

Jethro wrote:
Ft 2-1
Only played half a game

Habit forming this half a game thing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:23 pm

akagreengull wrote:
With 20 games to go there is no reason not to finish at least in the playoffs.
Here and now as fans we need to move on from the "season over" mentality.
COYG cheers

I'm afraid it was over when we lost at Charlton.

We ll miss out on the play offs as we can't seem to beat the better sides.

We be even got beaten by Sheffield Wednesday!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:30 pm

Elias wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Ft 2-1
Only played half a game

Habit forming this half a game thing

it's creeping back in.
No leadership out there really.

Those who should have it Edwards & wilson Don't seem to have it.
theres a reason Ipswich released Wilson and its obvious.
Rash into tackles,gives the ball away and most of all is slow. Thought Wootton was bad.
WTF did Bolton do to get dropped for wilson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:34 pm

Elias wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
COYG cheers

i said id be happy with a top 10-12 spot at the beginning of the season and im still sticking with that. Unless schuey has a big budget to bring in a couple game changing players and we go on a good run i dont see this side making a push for promotion at best be in the running for playoffs but ultimately going to miss out.

i would still see 10th-2th finish as a good season.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Elias wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
COYG cheers

i said id be happy with a top 10-12 spot at the beginning of the season and im still sticking with that. Unless schuey has a big budget to bring in a couple game changing players and we go on a good run i dont see this side making a push for promotion at best be in the running for playoffs but ultimately going to miss out.

I agree, the season is over.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 9:38 am

Angry wrote:
Elias wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
COYG cheers

Really? At the seasons start I would have agreed with you but after being top three then top six and now sliding it's not good enough and seems to be a pattern repeating itself. A mid table finish now would mean a second half season collapse and the fans will not buy into this yoyo football, why the fook can't we maintain the same consistency that other clubs can?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 10:52 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Elias wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
COYG cheers

Really? At the seasons start I would have agreed with you but after being top three then top six and now sliding it's not good enough and seems to be a pattern repeating itself. A mid table finish now would mean a second half season collapse and the fans will not buy into this yoyo football, why the fook can't we maintain the same consistency that other clubs can?

because this squad isn't strong enough in terms of strength and depth to be in the mix despite being in the hunt early in the season. Again unless The club are planning to recruit more before the window ends and we have a strengthen the depth of the squad with options like the other teams competiting for those spots are doing right now and not do the usual 1 in 1 out, then its a big ask to expect the club to still be in the mix especially when injuries, poor form and suspensions kick in.
To finish 10th-12th maybe a little higher would still be a good season when compared to last and its still a good platform to build on going into next season where hopefully then a stronger push for playoffs/promotion is more the expectation with conviction for that season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 12:19 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Elias wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
COYG cheers

because this squad isn't strong enough in terms of strength and depth to be in the mix despite being in the hunt early in the season. Again unless The club are planning to recruit more before the window ends and we have a strengthen the depth of the squad with options like the other teams competiting for those spots are doing right now and not do the usual 1 in 1 out, then its a big ask to expect the club to still be in the mix especially when injuries, poor form and suspensions kick in.
To finish 10th-12th maybe a little higher would still be a good season when compared to last and its still a good platform to build on going into next season where hopefully then a stronger push for playoffs/promotion is more the expectation with conviction for that season.

I know why it's happening I just don't accept it's good enough.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 12:51 pm

We lack leadership on the pitch. Need a captain or someone in the defence who can organise and scream at players when they feck up.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 1:26 pm

On to the next game. Yesterday’s performance wasn’t good enough. The players need to give themselves a damn good shake. Argyle are not in trouble yet like some would like but if it carries on for too long then they could be.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 3:08 pm

Jethro wrote:
We lack leadership on the pitch. Need a captain or someone in the defence who can organise and scream at players when they feck up.

A Darren Purse was excellent in that role before he got more so his wife got shafted by the plebb and he abruptly left.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 5:17 pm

I'm still not a fan of M. Cooper he should be a lot more vocal and lead from the back a lot more imo.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 5:46 pm

He’s young and he will learn given time.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 6:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm still not a fan of M. Cooper he should be a lot more vocal and lead from the back a lot more imo.

he does need to work on his organization and communication skills i agree he has experienced and better defenders in front of him this season so he hasnt got an excuse for not improving on that front but as mouldy said above me he is young and will get it.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 6:31 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

A Darren Purse was excellent in that role before he got more so his wife got shafted by the plebb and he abruptly left.

Excatly I thought we had that with Wilson but he was too busy screaming at others for his own mistakes.

Edwards is too soft as a captain and has got complacent there's no competition for RWB Garrick is a better striker.

Earwegoagain wrote:
From what I've seen of him, He is trying, the few in front of him just don't listen.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 1:12 pm

Lincoln have gone to Sunderland and got something so the're no mugs but a hard one to take nevertheless. Should have buried first half really. God know what they put in the half time tea as Argyle were absolute litter 2nd half. Critchlow made a couple of very good blocks including one excellent on Marquis when just the keeper to beat but missed a crucial header for their winner.

Think we need wins tonmorrow and Saturday overall top half would be fine it would just be a shame after promising so much. The first half against Sheff Weds was as good a performance as I've seen in some time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln City Home    Lincoln City Home - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lincoln City Home
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4