Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Portsmouth Home 29/12

Go down 
+12
RegGreen
Grovehill
akagreengull
Freathy
PlymptonPilgrim
POI
Angry
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
Tgwu
Jethro
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9622
Join date : 2011-10-23

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:02 pm

It seems like the government and FL are banking on Covid ripping through every club, so that once virtually the entire squad has had it, the antibodies they have will provide sufficient immunity to finish the season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 7565
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:09 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It seems like the government and FL are banking on Covid ripping through every club, so that once virtually the entire squad has had it, the antibodies they have will provide sufficient immunity to finish the season.

thats been the plan since day 1 for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 7565
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:13 pm

EFL STATEMENT

Plymouth Argyle’s Sky Bet League One fixtures versus Portsmouth on Wednesday 29 December and AFC Wimbledon on Saturday 1 January have been postponed.

Plymouth Argyle informed the EFL that it would be unable to fulfil the fixtures at Home Park due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases in their squad.

In light of the increased transmission rate of the Omicron variant, the EFL will now review the circumstances surrounding the postponement. In addition it will assist affected Clubs throughout this challenging period to help them mitigate against the risk of infection amongst players and staff, while ensuring their obligations to the EFL regulations are maintained.

A rearranged date for the fixture will be confirmed in due course.



Review it ? they can't fine us for this can they.
Back to top Go down
POI

POI


Posts : 765
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Jethro wrote:
EFL STATEMENT

Plymouth Argyle’s Sky Bet League One fixtures versus Portsmouth on Wednesday 29 December and AFC Wimbledon on Saturday 1 January have been postponed.  

Plymouth Argyle informed the EFL that it would be unable to fulfil the fixtures at Home Park due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases in their squad.

In light of the increased transmission rate of the Omicron variant, the EFL will now review the circumstances surrounding the postponement.  In addition it will assist affected Clubs throughout this challenging period to help them mitigate against the risk of infection amongst players and staff, while ensuring their obligations to the EFL regulations are maintained.

A rearranged date for the fixture will be confirmed in due course.



Review it ? they can't fine us for this can they.


WTF is the matter with them (EFL) I'm sure everyone knows they're fackin obligated, FFS. No one wants to not play. What are the EFL shit scared of here? um?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7168
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 65
Location : Mutant Abbot

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:53 pm

Only a matter of time to postpone a game at H.P. surely?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 9852
Join date : 2017-09-09

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 5:18 pm

POI wrote:
Jethro wrote:
EFL STATEMENT

Plymouth Argyle’s Sky Bet League One fixtures versus Portsmouth on Wednesday 29 December and AFC Wimbledon on Saturday 1 January have been postponed.  

Plymouth Argyle informed the EFL that it would be unable to fulfil the fixtures at Home Park due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases in their squad.

In light of the increased transmission rate of the Omicron variant, the EFL will now review the circumstances surrounding the postponement.  In addition it will assist affected Clubs throughout this challenging period to help them mitigate against the risk of infection amongst players and staff, while ensuring their obligations to the EFL regulations are maintained.

A rearranged date for the fixture will be confirmed in due course.



Review it ? they can't fine us for this can they.


WTF is the matter with them (EFL) I'm sure everyone knows they're fackin obligated, FFS. No one wants to not play. What are the EFL shit scared of here? um?

I think all it is is that the EFL will check that we have enough players off to postpone the game and not just that we've lost our strike force and would rather play the game in a couple of weeks.
Pokey have missed five games then they are back so f t is just w few weeks then maybe this will rip through and then we can get on with it. T s getting to be a total ballache now.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 7565
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 7:14 pm

Well thinking about it we only know of definitely injured
Brendon Galloway

We aren't sure about
Garrick
Bolton (Even if he was on the bench)
George Cooper

Leave us with a squad of 20
Minus however many have covid.


Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 9852
Join date : 2017-09-09

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 7:20 pm

Jethro wrote:
Well thinking about it we only know of definitely injured
Brendon Galloway

We aren't sure about
Garrick
Bolton (Even if he was on the bench)
George Cooper

Leave us with a squad of 20
Minus however many have covid.



We need eleven players plus five subs and also we need to include all the kids that have pulled on a first team shirt. Six or seven Covid cases would make it difficult.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 7565
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 8:49 pm

Think it's a min of 14 players needed to forfill a fixture.

That's just asking for more injuries really .

When we are playing Saturday Tuesday most weeks
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1726
Join date : 2012-01-24

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 9:36 pm

Jethro wrote:
Think it's a min of 14 players needed to forfill a fixture.

That's just asking for more injuries really .

When we are playing Saturday Tuesday most weeks


Liverpool won a 42 game First Division title using only 14 players a while back.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 9852
Join date : 2017-09-09

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 10:18 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Think it's a min of 14 players needed to forfill a fixture.

That's just asking for more injuries really .

When we are playing Saturday Tuesday most weeks


Liverpool won a 42 game First Division title using only 14 players a while back.

They did a lot less commuting though.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 279
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 10:37 pm

i best find something to do new years day now i guess and tomorrow.

Cant say im shocked it was bound to happen sooner or later to us we were lucky to get away with it last season. I can see the FA shutting down the leagues for a "winter break" if cases continue to affect games like it has been going into the new year.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 4731
Join date : 2015-07-08

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 12:19 am

If the season does get shut down would we be lucky enough to fluke promotion. Again  on the points per game as we were top for most of season leading up to our dip in form ?
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander


Posts : 407
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : at the edge of the sea

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 12:26 am

It's easy enough for the Football League, a two or three week break starting now, extend the season into May and condense the playoffs.

There's plenty of free Tuesdays to fit in all the recent postponements. Not so easy for the Premier League as the clubs still in Europe have very few free midweeks.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 7565
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 6:15 am

Be interesting to see if its still a sell out, when rearranged.
Back to top Go down
Derby_Expats

Derby_Expats


Posts : 8
Join date : 2021-12-27

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 6:21 am

We just travelled down last night. Disappointing to say the least. Hotel wouldn't refund for Wednesday night either but will offer £25 off future booking
Back to top Go down
POI

POI


Posts : 765
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 7:35 am

Derby_Expats wrote:
We just travelled down last night. Disappointing to say the least. Hotel wouldn't refund for Wednesday night either but will offer £25 off future booking


Bummer. Didn't you get the news that it was called off just after 15:00 yesterday? Would have saved you a lot of travel hassle.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 7565
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 8:40 am

Sounds like the wombles won't be happy

AFC Wimbledon have told the English Football League they want clubs who postpone matches for Covid-19-related reasons to be "held to account", after having back-to-back games called off.

The Dons had Sunday's trip to Charlton and the visit of Portsmouth postponed because of opposition Covid cases.

The club said they could have fulfilled the fixtures despite having "a fraction of the resources" of their rivals.

The League One side want the EFL to do more to ensure games can be played.

"We want to take this opportunity to call on the EFL to undertake its due processes and implement the strongest-possible measures to ensure that - where a club is able to fulfil a fixture - it does so," their letter to the league said.

"Further, where it is found that a club was unable to fulfil a fixture, they must be held to account for all decisions which led to that position."

Of the 33 scheduled EFL games on 26 December, 24 did not go ahead because of cases of coronavirus.

In addition to asking the EFL to reconsider a return to five substitutions, the Dons said they had had "only 11" cases since the Omicron variant became prevalent, three of which were in their "first-team bubble".

"This is not by luck. This is down to hard work and spending resources our club ultimately does not have at its disposal.

"It just doesn't sit right that, having gone above and beyond our means to ensure matches can be fulfilled, we will now be at a disadvantage - trying to navigate a very congested second half of the season with a small squad."

The EFL responded through a spokesperson, who said: "All clubs are aware of the current situation in respect of Covid-19 postponements and were advised of the latest position during the middle of last week.

"We continue to closely monitor what is an ever-changing and difficult set of circumstances, which are affecting the entire country, and we will take the most appropriate and proportionate action.

"This includes working with clubs to try and help them and the multiple stakeholders involved, including supporters, to navigate through what are clearly unprecedented challenges."
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9622
Join date : 2011-10-23

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 9:58 am

The fact Wimbledon have had a load of games postponed, and therefore haven’t been in close quarters with other potentially infected players - like Argyle clearly were against Cheltenham, then of course their bill of health is going to be far better. Twats.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 7565
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 10:02 am

Not as bad as the twats blaming Garrick for putting the wig on.
On freechat
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 13641
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 10:28 am

Jethro wrote:
Not as bad as the twats blaming Garrick for putting the wig on.
On freechat

Some fans make a joke into fact.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 9852
Join date : 2017-09-09

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 10:29 am

Also it stands to reason that very large squad is much more likely to bring infection in and spread it.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 279
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 11:18 am

Jethro wrote:
Not as bad as the twats blaming Garrick for putting the wig on.
On freechat

there really are some retards supporting this club on social media. Embarrassing to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 7565
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 12:55 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Not as bad as the twats blaming Garrick for putting the wig on.
On freechat

there really are some retards supporting this club on social media. Embarrassing to say the least.

That's before you even think of the farm as well.

Worrying....
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1726
Join date : 2012-01-24

Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 2:05 pm

25% of players in England are unvacinated as against 3% in Germany

Player's contracts will bar them from undertaking certain "dangerous" sports such as skiing and skydiving and they can also be fined for being overweight. Shouldn't they also be obliged to protect their health as well by having preventative treatments?

I don't thinks Clubs would let them get away with travelling to exotic holiday locations without having the recommended jabs. Or refusing treatment to an injury because "the internet says it's a bit risky"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Home 29/12    Portsmouth Home 29/12  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Portsmouth Home 29/12
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: