VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Earwegoagain
Jethro
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 9:46 pm

We were excellent in the second half, such a pity as I thought MK Dons weren’t special.

Mayor and Garrick changed the game, they both should start next Saturday.

Jephcott just isn’t doing it, he’s a sniffer in the box and we don’t play to those strengths, so bench him for me.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 9:54 pm

Happy with the point shame about the start but they were a decent side and I thought we would lose this one, good start for Shuey and nice to see subs before we are out of the game.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 10:26 pm

Happy with a point, so close to being 3 but thought the players attitude tonight was first class, they came out second half and were excellent. It wasn't bad first half, we were just slightly off the pace, but upped the intensity and controlled the game.

Grant was good all night, thought he should have had MOM, Mayor changed the game when he came on, as did Garrick.

Only worry for me was Gillesphey, who was caught out for their goal, his distribution was poor and looked the weak link in defence. Galloway will be a big miss, unless Bolton gets fit soon.

On to Sunderland.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 8:47 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Happy with a point, so close to being 3 but thought the players attitude tonight was first class, they came out second half and were excellent. It wasn't bad first half, we were just slightly off the pace, but upped the intensity and controlled the game.

Grant was good all night, thought he should have had MOM, Mayor changed the game when he came on, as did Garrick.

Only worry for me was Gillesphey, who was caught out for their goal, his distribution was poor and looked the weak link in defence. Galloway will be a big miss, unless Bolton gets fit soon.

On to Sunderland.
As you say Pilgrim attitude was good last night, so evidence the players are getting on with the job and playing for Shumacher, regardless of the circumstances. On the radio Devon com Martin Griffin who I think is a pretty good analyst , was very positive about the tactics and substitutions from Shumacher. Looks positive at the moment for me, big game coming up at Sunderland.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 9:00 am

Steven Schumacher admitted it had been a 'manic' 48 hours after his first game as Plymouth Argyle manager ended in a 1-1 draw away to MK Dons.

Conor Grant scored a 66th minute equaliser for the Pilgrims, who ended a run of three successive League One defeats and are now fifth in the table.

Schumacher took charge less than 48 hours after being offered the opportunity to become the Pilgrims' boss after the sudden exit of Ryan Lowe.

Lowe had wanted his trusty lieutenant to follow him to Championship club Preston North End but, as Schumacher explained, the chance to become manager of Argyle was too much of a pull for him.

Schumacher said: "The last 48 hours have been manic. It has been a little bit of a whirlwind. It's something that I didn't expect and when I was offered the opportunity to be the manager of Plymouth Argyle it was something I knew I wanted to do.

"It was too much of an opportunity to turn down. It was tough breaking up a good partnership with my best friend Ryan.

"It has been a bit of a mad few days but, most importantly, I'm glad that the players have performed and we have come here to MK Dons tonight and got a result."

Schumacher revealed he had spoken to his wife, Victoria, before accepting the post of Argyle manager to check she was fully on board with it.

He said: "I asked her 'Are you ready for this?' The praise and the adulation is going to be great, but when it doesn't go too great she has got to pick the kids up from school.

"Is she going to be able to deal with it because I know what football like. It's a cruel game. She said 'I'm with you 100 per cent whatever you choose to do."

"So that was the first conversation. After that, I spoke to people who I respect in the game. They gave me advice and said 'I think you are ready, I think you can do it.'

"Then, it was the toughest part of all, just making that decision and telling Ryan what I had to do."

Schumacher followed Lowe from Bury when he was appointed as manager in the summer of 2019, working as his No 2 at both clubs.

"He said: "In the main, I think the last two-and-a-half-years since we have been down here has been pretty positive.

"Everyone is disappointed that their manager has left and now there is a new manager in charge. That's football, it changes. A big thing about our owners is that they have got a plan, they want sustainability, they want succession planning.

"To do that, they put me in charge. There is not too much that needed to change. Now, I don't think they have given it to me because they are sentimental and they don't want change.

"They obviously see something in me that they believe I can do the job and have given me the opportunity to manage this great club.

"The work I have done over the last couple of years has obviously been recognised and that's great."

It is not going to get any less hectic for Schumacher after the draw with MK Dons, with another game to prepare for away to fourth-placed Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

The Argyle squad were travelling back to Plymouth by team coach this morning (Thursday) and will then fly to the north-east of England tomorrow.

Schumacher said: "It has been exciting the whole season, I would say. We are 21 games now into a campaign that has been brilliant. We have had some real good highs and we want that to continue.

"We are mixing it with the big boys in this division and long may that continue. We are positive people, I think that shines through in our team.

"That's what we do. If you don't go into games believing that you can do something and don't go into games believing that you belong where we are then what's the point?

"The lads understand it, they understand where we are at and we will just keep going. We plan for every game individually and we take the next one as it comes.

"Sunderland away, wow! I don't know the crowd is going to be like but what an opportunity that is to go and get another big result."

Schumacher continued: "I have got a good relationship with the players where they can trust me with things.

"I said this to them in my first meeting, even though I am the manager I still want to be approachable. I'm still a coach, I want people to get better, I want people to improve.

"So if they can't come and ask me things then I'm not doing my job. Neil (Dewsnip, Argyle's director of football) says that the best coaches are teachers.

"I want to be a student of the game and I want to teach the player stuff, so I want them to come and talk to me.

"The only thing that will probably change is that after Saturday they won't be allowed to call me Schuey. It will be Gaffer because I feel as though that respect is important also.

"I'm someone who believes that is vital for this to work. The players will be fine, yeah, hopefully it stays quite steady."

Schumacher was offered the job of Argyle manager on Monday evening. "I'm not sure what the time was because it was a bit of a blur," he said.

"That's when the conversations had taken place and Ryan had made his decision to go to Preston.

"I was like 'Okay, great, what does that look like for me to go with him?' Then I had the phone call to say 'We would like you to stay'.

"It was a decision that I felt if I didn't take this opportunity I might never ever get a chance to be a manager of a football club as good as this.

"When I left as coach of Everton under-11s to go and be Ryan's first team coach at Bury I said exactly the same thing.

"I only had a short-term contract, I think it was four months and I said 'I'm going to take a chance because I might never get asked to be a first team coach again.

"I could have been an under-11s, under-12s coach for years but that's not what I wanted to do. I took a risk, I went with it and it paid off.

"Now, it's the same sort of situation, and it's at a club that I think the people behind the scenes and the owners have got my back. I just felt it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down."
link
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 9:01 am

Schumacher pleased with first game

Steven Schumacher spoke of his of his delight at getting a point away to MK Dons in his first game in charge of Argyle.

Conor Grant scored the first goal of the Schumacher era to grab a point against an impressive MK Dons side.

“It’s really hard to put into words all of my feelings,” Steven said, “It’s been a bit of whirlwind.”

Schuey was confirmed as Argyle boss on Tuesday afternoon and had just over 24 hours to prepare for a Sky Bet League One game.

On a personal note, it was a hectic 24 hours, but in true Schumacher fashion the focus was on the team.

“What I didn’t want to lose sight of was what we had going on here this evening,” he said.

“It’s not about me and who is the manager, it’s about us playing against a good MK Dons team and I thought we did well.

“I thought it was important to try and get a result from the game because of what has happened this week.

“With the last few results in the league, we had to show we can compete and get back on track.

“I think we can be pleased with our performance, but I also think we can get a little bit better as well.”

Having worked as an assistant to Ryan Lowe for just under four years, as well as, being teammates and friends before that, the decision to ‘go it alone’ and break that partnership wasn’t an easy one.

Steven said, “I needed to speak to my family to make sure that I was making the right decision to take the job.

“We’ve had a great career together, all the way back from when we played with each other. We’ve always been best of mates, and we always will be.

“It was a really tough conversation as you could imagine, Ryan was given an incredible opportunity which he deserved.

“He took Argyle from league two to league one and we are competing at the right end of the division.

“I think everyone should remember the good work we have done together, and we should look back on that with fond memories.”

The work doesn’t stop with the Greens travelling to Sunderland in three days time.
link
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 9:55 am

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 10:01 am

Cheers Ivor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 10:02 am

A good start, good substitutions.

The only way is up, baby.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 10:39 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Cheers Ivor Very Happy

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 10:57 am

i see that shoes off chant has made an unwelcome return to away days ffs no prizes for guessing who took the credit for that the former president and fellow shagger plebb.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 1:32 pm

Good point away from home against a top end side.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 2:54 pm

I see Lowey has lent him his hairstyle.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 3:08 pm

Sky interview

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 6:29 pm

Already sounding more tactically aware then the previous bloke.

And he and his family love living in the area!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 8:19 pm

Grovehill wrote:

LOl... Let's see if they move when schuey gets his next gig? You better be shouting that they do!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 9:39 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

LOl...  Let's see if they move when schuey gets his next gig?  You better be shouting that they do!

agreed
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 9:34 am

Grovey was right that Lowe wasn't here for the long term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 9:39 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

I think we all knew that, if Schumacher is successful with Argyle he’ll be off as well, it’s the way it is and always will be
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 9:53 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I think we all knew that, if Schumacher is successful with Argyle he’ll be off as well, it’s the way it is and always will be

Bit different with Schuey as he will see Argyle as a big job Lowey always saw it as a stepping stone and I was expecting him to be off all the time tbh.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 11:16 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

hey! this maybe a new account but i was saying from day one one the old one that he wasnt going to be here long term and would go once the right club comes in for him and we should enjoy him while he is here. Aslong as he did the job we wanted him to do which he did he got us out of league 2 via a technicality i didnt care about his living arrangements as living in plymouth wont suddenly make you a better manager of Plymouth Argyle where some thought it does.

While some fans mainly the kids bought into his PR machine and fist pump to the devonport end as a declaration of undying loyalty at the end of the day everybody has a price and someone is going to pay.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 11:47 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

hey! this maybe a new account but i was saying from day one one the old one that he wasnt going to be here long term and would go once the right club comes in for him and we should enjoy him while he is here. Aslong as he did the job we wanted him to do which he did he got us out of league 2 via a technicality i didnt care about his living arrangements as living in plymouth wont suddenly make you a better manager of Plymouth Argyle where some thought it does.

While some fans mainly the kids bought into his PR machine and fist pump to the devonport end as a declaration of undying loyalty at the end of the day everybody has a price and someone is going to pay.

I know you did Angers it was only that Grovey was in the post I was referring to.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 2:27 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

LOl...  Let's see if they move when schuey gets his next gig?  You better be shouting that they do!

Keep up at the back! Steve S has already turned down another job-Lowe asked him to go to PNE with him.

Every manager moves on at some time, but having family and a house in the area makes them think twice, For Steve S the decision involved uprooting his family, kids moved to a new school, selling a house etc. No one in his right mind does that unless the new job is a big step up.

Lowe could (and did) go for a marginally better job because all he had to do was give a month's notice to his landlord.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Keep up at the back! Steve S has already turned down another job-Lowe asked him to go to PNE with him.

Every manager moves on at some time, but having family and a house in the area makes them think twice, For Steve S the decision involved uprooting his family, kids moved to a new school, selling a house etc. No one in his right  mind does that unless the new job is a big step up.

Lowe could (and did) go for a marginally better job because all he had to do was give a month's notice to his landlord.

It didn't make Lowe think twice when he took the argyle job did it? Or countless others. There are many ways to skin a cat.

..and as for Steve S already turning down a job - you cannot seriously equate the two. Well, you would, but that tells us everything we need to know about your thought process..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk Dons live on sky   Mk Dons live on sky - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk Dons live on sky
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3