Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)

Go down 
+13
sufferedsince 68
PlymptonPilgrim
PatDunne
Grovehill
Jethro
RegGreen
Earwegoagain
Freathy
akagreengull
harvetheslayer
Elias
Greenskin
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 6:05 pm

Grovehill wrote:

when you see where the Mayor bashing is coming from its hard not to laugh at it in fairness cause you know full well they weren't at the game and probably too skint to pay to watch it online and going by youtube highlights that are what 1-2mins long roughly and just show the goals.
If any player deserves the bashing it would have been Jephcott and possibly Scarr at a push not the man of the match and the goal scorer himself.

Careful, you are starting to wander into true Newell territory making baseless and untrue comments about anyone who disagrees with you.

People have different opinions-get used to it.   [/quote]

Very true and Angry gave his, any wandering into Newell territory seems to be coming from you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 6:20 pm

Grovehill wrote:

when you see where the Mayor bashing is coming from its hard not to laugh at it in fairness cause you know full well they weren't at the game and probably too skint to pay to watch it online and going by youtube highlights that are what 1-2mins long roughly and just show the goals.
If any player deserves the bashing it would have been Jephcott and possibly Scarr at a push not the man of the match and the goal scorer himself.

Careful, you are starting to wander into true Newell territory making baseless and untrue comments about anyone who disagrees with you.

People have different opinions-get used to it.   [/quote]

different opinions are fine just not when it comes from people who dont know what they are talking about and hold agendas. If you watched the game you would have known Mayor was one of the best on the pitch yet you believe he wasn't that tells me quite alot about your opinions they aren't worth sharing if you dont know what your talking about.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 7:56 pm

So deflecting back to the farm bashing.
Another one who can't answer a simple question, without deflecting to what about this etc.
What a surprise.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:44 pm

Angry is turning into quite a little uptight roadsweeper

Chap we all have differing views on players. Leaving aside Coops as I said I wouldn't further comment on him but in my opinion (and I suspect the vast majority) will agree Mayor came here hyped to hell and has failed abysmally

As for Jepchott he's no Tommy Tynan and never will be. Conor Grant has gone up in my opinion but he cant go missing in games or George Cooper comes in imminently

Clearly you couldnt be bothered to put me on ignore as I can still see your blathering bollacks
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 10:24 am

I am still not a fan of Cooper and don't think he will ever hold a candle to Luke or Larryo but to single out Mayor as the player we must get rid of just smacks of ignorance, trolling or both.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 2:22 pm

Plymouth Argyle striker Luke Jephcott must take his first half substitution against Wigan Athletic 'on the chin and do better next time' according to manager Ryan Lowe.

The 21-year-old has enjoyed considerable success since breaking into the Pilgrims' first team at the start of 2020, scoring 31 goals in 90 games.

However, he was taken off by Lowe in the 40th minute of the League One game against Wigan, with Argyle trailing 1-0 at the time.

Jordon Garrick was sent on as his replacement to partner 12-goal top scorer Ryan Hardie in attack and from one of his first touches the loan signing from Swansea City set up Danny Mayor for an equaliser.

Argyle went on to lose 2-1 after conceding a 90th minute goal and the early substitution of Jephcott was one of the main talking points from the top-of-the-table clash.

Lowe said: "Garrick came on because we wanted a bit of pace in behind. Jephcott kept coming short for the ball and was too deep and it was easy for their back three lads to defend.

"When Jordon came on the first thing he did was run at them and set a ball up Danny Mayor, who scored a goal.

"That's me, I'm the manager, I pick the teams. If I feel a change needs to be made ASAP I will do it. It's for the good of the team, not for the good of me.

"I don't like taking anyone off on 40 minutes but it just showed that when you do run in behind, and you are positive and on the front foot, it can work, and that's what Jordon did."

Jephcott, who has netted six times in 21 appearances this season, looked understandably disappointed as he left the pitch and headed for the home dug-out when he was substituted.

Lowe said: "He won't be too happy but he has to put it right. Last week he kept coming short and it was a link up, we were getting in.

"It wasn't that type of game (against Wigan). We needed to get in behind and I just felt at that moment I needed to make a change and get Jordon on to stretch them, and push them deeper so we could get our 'eights' on the ball."

He added: "Luke has been fantastic for us this season, and last, and the season before. He has just got to now take that on the chin and do better next time."
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I am still not a fan of Cooper and don't think he will ever hold a candle to Luke or Larryo but to single out Mayor as the player we must get rid of just smacks of ignorance, trolling or both.

I've never said we should get rid of him, just that Broom is a better player-a view which results seem to support.

The Manager needs to find a way to fit both into the team.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 4:45 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I am still not a fan of Cooper and don't think he will ever hold a candle to Luke or Larryo.

lol coffee has just sprayed absolutely everywhere in laughter.....

The rewriting of history on ATD has reached a new peak. I'm impressed.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 12:54 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I am still not a fan of Cooper and don't think he will ever hold a candle to Luke or Larryo.

laugh

Are you illiterate or do you just have little or no short term memory? Up until about five games in I was calling for Cooper to be binned I have been one of his most vocal critics on here, feel free to quote anything I have said to the contrary? The difference between you and I is that I can see when a goal is conceded by defensive errors so will obviously not blame Cooper for conceding a goal that he can do nothing about like the one where Purrington was unmarked five yards from Coops to lash it past him or when Wilson lost his man at the back post and the same result happened. The last three games we have been dismal in defence and blaming Cooper won't change that, sorry if that doesn't fit into your completely polarised world but there it is.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 12:56 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I've never said we should get rid of him, just that Broom is a better player-a view which results seem to support.

The Manager needs to find a way to fit both into the team.

That was aimed at the super troll not you Grovey.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 7:40 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

laugh

Are you illiterate or do you just have little or no short term memory? Up until about five games in I was calling for Cooper to be binned I have been one of his most vocal critics on here, feel free to quote anything I have said to the contrary? The difference between you and I is that I can see when a goal is conceded by defensive errors so will obviously not blame Cooper for conceding a goal that he can do nothing about like the one where Purrington was unmarked five yards from Coops to lash it past him or when Wilson lost his man at the back post and the same result happened. The last three games we have been dismal in defence and blaming Cooper won't change that, sorry if that doesn't fit into your completely polarised world but there it is.

tumbleweed Care to challenge any of this then Harve?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4