Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.

Go down 
+11
Grovehill
PlymptonPilgrim
lawnmowerman
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
Rickler
Tringreen
Mr President
Mock Cuncher
Sir Francis Drake
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. Empty
PostSubject: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:54 pm

On Friday night, Club President Chris Webb (username Mr President) sent a text message to one of the ATD Site Admin team, Andy Symons. He stated that he had been unable to post a thread on ATD highlighting the newest 'President's Progress' column on the official site because the IP address of his home broadband service was blocked from the site. This has apparently been an ongoing problem for Chris - we were approached back in February by another user on Chris's behalf to try and resolve the problem. Chris has also stated that he had emailed the site email address threee times, although these emails were never found.

He asked Andy to start a thread on his behalf, so that the new President's Progress information could be passed onto ATD users.

Andy did this, and asked Chris for details of his IP address so that the 'blocking' of Chris's home network could be investigated. Andy also passed onto Chris a website address that would allow Chris to find out his home IP at the click of a mouse. Chris then stated that he would forward these details to one of the Mod team by the end of this weekend. To enable this to happen quickly and easily, Chris has been provided with telephone contact details of two ATD moderators. As of the time of posting this message, no such information has been received.

As we are sure all posters are aware, ATD prides itself on its inclusivity and tolerance towards all points of view. Provided posters stay within the law, we do not resort to bans or blocks. In fact, an IP address will only be banned if it is shown to be either the source of persistent spamming or it has been used to try and register multiple or fake accounts. There are only a handful of IP addresses that are currently banned from this site.

Whilst we are not suggesting that Chris has done anything wrong, we find it strange that he is unable or unwilling to provide us with the details of his IP address.

We feel we have done all that we can to try and resolve the situation, but without the information that we have requested from Chris Webb, we are unable to progress this matter any further. We would urge Mr Webb to take 5 minutes out of his schedule to note his home IP address and pass it on to the site Moderators. Once this is done, we will be able to take action to get to the bottom of the problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 pm

How strange, what a surprise.

I hope this is sorted, I would hate to think that the club President could possibly be involved in "events" and possibly attempts to undermine a fans forum, it would make appalling headlines.

Chris. Mr President?

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't think it is strange at all. Mrs SFD banks with Nat West and uses their on-line banking facility. Occasionally she gets refused access to her account for no apparent reason. After much frustration eventually she got through to Nat West IT support. "Turn your wifi router off, unplug it, make sure it is completely switched off, then turn it back on, allow it to reboot, you'll get a new IP address from your ISP and it'll probably work fine". She did all of that and it was fine.

If that is how easy it is to get a different IP address then banning them at all is pointless. Why not just record the banned ones somewhere for future reference and unban them?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:58 am

Four shore,

Quote :
Hi Mock

Had a look and it seems that your IP address had multiple accounts and the IP address was banned. If you want to rejoin you will need to identify which username you want to use.

Regards

Mark
I've only had 1 username on PASOTI for a few years now. I don't post much, naturally, but yeah, there we have it. So I myself have been the victim of such an error. One would like to assume it was an error. Of course there hasn't been much rectification of the error, nor re-instatement of my account, or explanation of why my email address is no longer the one I used to sign up with. But the moral is, these things happen and we shouldn't be too quick to judge.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Is this thread for real?

1. I raised this issue months ago and Cerbera sent me an email. I then sent 3 emails to him asking him for assistance (will provide copies if needed) and did not get a reply. I also sent proof to Cerbera in the form of a photograph that I was banned from ATD.

2. I raised it with Andy when I couldn't log in to add the Presidents Progress and he sent me some advice (which I thanked him for) on how get my IP. I haven't been on my computer all weekend so I did not get to have a look. I am planning on doing it this evening and hopefully getting the issue sorted.

On the basis of the above I am not really sure why this thread was started because it is clearly making a mountain out of a molehill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Mr President wrote:
Is this thread for real?

1. I raised this issue months ago and Cerbera sent me an email. I then sent 3 emails to him asking him for assistance (will provide copies if needed) and did not get a reply. I also sent proof to Cerbera in the form of a photograph that I was banned from ATD.

2. I raised it with Andy when I couldn't log in to add the Presidents Progress and he sent me some advice (which I thanked him for) on how get my IP. I haven't been on my computer all weekend so I did not get to have a look. I am planning on doing it this evening and hopefully getting the issue sorted.

On the basis of the above I am not really sure why this thread was started because it is clearly making a mountain out of a molehill.

I also found the thread a bit strange, but then maybe some people want to highlight the sort of thing that happens on the site you still feel free to post on, whereas you only post the Presidents Progress on ATD.

Wonder if you had any opinion on the comments by Daz/Dogger on Pasoti accusing Andy Symons of being a freeloader who only mans a Trust booth for a free ticket? Or the fact that the site that you frequesnt allows Daz/Dogger to make these comments, followed by similar ones by the mods? Or even the fact that the site you frequesnt allows Daz/Dogger multiple accounts and yet bans others for doing the same?

Don't worry Chris, I know you either won't respond or will say it's none of your business that your good friends treat Argyle fans like that on the site you frequent. Just find it all a bit two faced myself.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Mr President wrote:
Is this thread for real?

I also found the thread a bit strange, but then maybe some people want to highlight the sort of thing that happens on the site you still feel free to post on, whereas you only post the Presidents Progress on ATD.

Wonder if you had any opinion on the comments by Daz/Dogger on Pasoti accusing Andy Symons of being a freeloader who only mans a Trust booth for a free ticket? Or the fact that the site that you frequesnt allows Daz/Dogger to make these comments, followed by similar ones by the mods? Or even the fact that the site you frequesnt allows Daz/Dogger multiple accounts and yet bans others for doing the same?

Don't worry Chris, I know you either won't respond or will say it's none of your business that your good friends treat Argyle fans like that on the site you frequent. Just find it all a bit two faced myself.

GJ

I will answer this post just so you know where I am coming from and then leave it at that.

I do exactly on pasoti as I do on ATD - Post an update then step away. Members of both sites then have a variety of ways of contacting me.

The comments from dogger re: Andy are shocking but in reality I have suffered 1000x worse and as someone said to me 'just ignore them'. I know it is difficult and at times causes distress but the reality is this is just the internet and if these people had the courage of their convictions then they would see Andy in person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Mr President wrote:
Is this thread for real?

So, just for the record, have you sent these emails to my own address? In case you have, I can categorically state that I haven't received anything at all. I also asked that you PM me if there was a problem. You sent me nothing. I have seen no photograph.

I will PM my email address. Actually no, you can send anything you like to me here: info@parkwaytaxis.com

Now, that is proof that you have a correct email address for me. You also have my personal mobile number and also if you ask Ian Newell, you can obtain my home address.

Send my the blocked IP address and I will deal with it. Don't need photos or screen shots, just the IP address will be fine.

Why the reluctance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Mr President wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Mr President wrote:
Is this thread for real?

GJ

I will answer this post just so you know where I am coming from and then leave it at that.

I do exactly on pasoti as I do on ATD - Post an update then step away. Members of both sites then have a variety of ways of contacting me.

The comments from dogger re: Andy are shocking but in reality I have suffered 1000x worse and as someone said to me 'just ignore them'. I know it is difficult and at times causes distress but the reality is this is just the internet and if these people had the courage of their convictions then they would see Andy in person.

Thanks Chris. There you go daz, from the president himself, shocking! Even more so that you're too cowardly to go up and say it in person. You and your pal bunney are two of a kind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Mr President wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Mr President wrote:
Is this thread for real?

GJ

Just to pick up on the point in bold and not to try and start another war of words but you don't just post an update on Pasoti and leave it. You engage in debate and post on various subjects, including the forza verde forum. Yet only come on here to post an update.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:53 pm

To be fair I think Webby is only trying to steer clear of another row, nothing wrong with that is there?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Iggy wrote:
To be fair I think Webby is only trying to steer clear of another row, nothing wrong with that is there?

I think that if the mindset is my way or the highway, as on the farm, he is well advised in not being drawn into a discussion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Nobody is looking for a row, what we do want is contact from him regarding his IP address.

He says he has sent it to me before. I am saying that I have received nothing.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that he is claiming his IP address is banned, we are only try to ascertain why and to do that we need his IP.

Why the reluctance to let us have it if everything is innocent?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Because crap like this goes on...

IJN wrote:

To let slip a bit more, I'm not even sure if the person who called himself 'Cracker' originally, is the same person who now goes under 'Dogger', as sometimes happens, one mate gives another mate his log in details, and off it goes.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63527&start=30

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 pm

have you checked your spam folder ? reason being a mate of mine (who id been emailing for years) hadnt contacted me for a while - wondered why then checked spam folder found 5 emails from him !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:12 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
have you checked your spam folder ? reason being a mate of mine (who id been emailing for years) hadnt contacted me for a while - wondered why then checked spam folder found 5 emails from him !!!!

Oh yes, empty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Rickler wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Because crap like this goes on...

IJN wrote:

To let slip a bit more, I'm not even sure if the person who called himself 'Cracker' originally, is the same person who now goes under 'Dogger', as sometimes happens, one mate gives another mate his log in details, and off it goes.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63527&start=30

I read this and see that dogger isn't Daz according to IJN. But andy symons said he was and I just don't know who to believe anymore.

scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:09 pm

But Ricks, unless we know what his IP address is, how can we tell if it has been blocked and for what reason?

We're not all immoral and untrustworthy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:26 pm

I think Ricks may be suggesting that password sharing goes on, especially among friends on a certain website, that's how we found out that our dear friend Napoleon was at it.

I have to say, it's very odd and only adds to suspicion that Chris doesn't seem prepared to let you know what it is Cerbs.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Exactly, Gob!

I am certainly not suggesting that Cerbs is immoral or untrustworthy or doing anything wrong at all.

However...
It was well known that Newell and Ponty were sharing usernames and signing in and out on various computers on the last AT site - they were both busted!

Newell is admitting he knows it goes on currently.

You are right Cerbs.. If the Prez has nothing to hide he will come clean about his IP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:33 am

Ricks, wasn't suggesting anyone on here was immoral or untrustworthy!

Wink

More a case of what goes on over there.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Richard

Sad to have to do this but it seems that you are trying to lay the blame at my doorstep for some unknown reason. Given that you have brought this debate into the public arena when you are clearly in the wrong I thought for balance it would be sensible for me to prove that you are indeed incorrect. Below is your original email to me and my 3 replies. To this day I have had nothing back from you.

The sort of approach of attempting to put me in a corner by announcing things that should be party only to mods / users isn’t really building confidence in me handing over information personal to me at this stage.

I have copies of the emails should you require them.

This has been cut and paste on my mobile so hopefully it makes sense.

Chris

February 15:33

Chris,

Apparently you are unable to post on ATD as you think your IP address is blocked. We have checked and as far as we can tell, the IP address you used to sign up from has not been blocked and your user account is not blocked/suspended/banned.

If you could perhaps respond with your 'blocked' IP address, we can investigate from this end and if there is a problem, sort it out?

Of course, if you don't want to post on ATD, then that too is fine, we don't want you to feel under any pressure, but it would be good for the President to include all fans.

Regards

12th February 13:57

Hi Richard

I'm a bit of a technophobe....not sure how I get my IP address? Attached is the screen I get when I visit ADT.

I post from work mostly, so maybe you/mods have banned someone else and its affected me. Possible I suppose with 1000 people on-site.

As I said to Pete, my email address is on all OS updates so people can contact me freely there.

Chris 

12th February 16:14

Richard

One further point. Please do not attempt to use the line 'communicating with all fans'. I do not debate on Pasoti anymore simply post links from the OS so any Argyle fan on the internet have exactly the same access to me. Updates can be read on the OS or Pasoti or any questions can be asked via my email which is readily available.

Regards

Chris

13th February 22:22

Richard

Any reply?

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Chris,

I haven't received any of those emails. That may be a problem at my end, but I doubt it. Anyway, just so we can put this to bed once and for all, why don't you text/PM or even ring me with your IP address when you get home before this evening's match?

That way we can check it out and make sure everything is working fine.

I am not laying any blame at your door, I do find it odd that you told Andy that you would contact me over the weekend, and didn't. Despite Andy providing you with the easy way to find out your IP address.

The thing that none of the mods on here can understand is why you seem so reluctant to provide your IP address if you have nothing to hide? If you are, as you purport, totally innocent then surely you would want this matter cleared up as soon as possible so you can take part in the best website that is Argyle related Wink

By the way, point of order, this is ATD not ADT. ADT is an alarm company or possibly the spoof site set up by your mate - not that you had anything to do with that did you?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Richard

I'm a bit of a technophobe....not sure how I get my IP address? Attached is the screen I get when I visit ADT.

I post from work mostly, so maybe you/mods have banned someone else and its affected me. Possible I suppose with 1000 people on-site.

As I said to Pete, my email address is on all OS updates so people can contact me freely there.

Chris 

There you go thats the problem he is going to the wrong site and his mate has banned him for something! Laughing

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:05 pm

I sent this to the Prez by PM so no doubt ATD's admin will get his IP address soon

But for anyone else who has difficulties finding out their IP - here are some links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=find+your+ip+address&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

Glad to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. Empty

Back to top Go down

IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next