harvetheslayer
Czarcasm
Jethro
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move Empty
PostSubject: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 2:27 pm

WANDERERS captain Antoni Sarcevic has made a shock move to non-league Stockport County.

With no transfer restrictions in the Conference, Sarcevic is able to join the Hatters immediately.

The midfielder has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at Edgeley Park.

Ricardo Santos will now take over as captain as he returns from suspension for Saturday's clash with Gillingham.

“He did a terrific job to help us secure promotion and then gain an early foothold in League One this time around,” Bolton boss Ian Evatt told the club's website.

“This is a new challenge for him and we wish him every success in the future.

“We believe we still have excellent competition for places in the midfield area and this also allows us to look ahead and potentially strengthen the squad in January where we feel necessary if we can.”

Sarcevic joined the Whites from Plymouth in the summer of 2020 and was quickly given the captain’s armband.

The 29-year-old scored seven goals in 32 appearances last term as Evatt’s men won promotion from League Two.

He was left out of the starting XI against former club Plymouth Argyle on Tuesday night.

Wanderers are set to face Stockport at the UniBol in the FA Cup first round proper on Sunday, November 7 (KO 3pm).
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 2:39 pm

The fall-out follows Sarcevic’s surprise omission from the Trotters’ starting line-up for their midweek trip to his former club Plymouth – a game they lost 3-0.

The 29-year-old had started all 13 League One games up until the trip to Home Park.

And although he came on as a 62nd-minute substitute, it appears neither party is standing down following an exchange of words.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 6:12 pm

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:26 pm

It’s a bonkers move on the face of it. Stockport are only 10th in the Conference but evidently have money to throw around.

Crazy that a player of his ability in the prime of his career, has turned down league 1 football with us, to opt for League 2 football at Bolton, before opting to drop to the Conference. Clearly has no ambition regarding playing at the highest level he possibly can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 11:25 pm

Angry wrote:
As he was mentioned on this thread i thought i would mention it here that rumour on the social media train is that Sarcevic is on his way out of Bolton and could be signing for Stockport County.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know hes not that amazing in League one from his time with us but surely hes not going to drop two leagues for more money in the prime of his career.

i put this in the bolton match thread so ill pop it here too..

now hes made the move official i cant help but feel this isnt for football reasons as why would you take a move like this if you werent getting a huge payday from it. I wish him well
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 5:26 am

Money money money
No other explanation for that move whatsoever. Doubtless he got a nice signing on fee from Bolton and doubtless a whopper from Stockport
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 8:45 am

Big money move to the conference? lol.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 9:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

Apparently Stockport's chairman/owner is minted and very keen to see them back in the FL. Quite a lot of league players have dropped down to the conference at various clubs, seems to be a lot of money floating about in that division.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 11:33 am

Sounds like AS had a falling out with the Bolton Manager.

As for the move being about money, I doubt if AS was on big bucks, having joined Bolton when they had recently exited Administration.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 11:54 am

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Apparently Stockport's chairman/owner is minted and very keen to see them back in the FL. Quite a lot of league players have dropped down to the conference at various clubs, seems to be a lot of money floating about in that division.

I know there are a few clubs in the conference with some money but I reckon as Grovey says its more about a fallout and I'd be amazed if he were on anything like league 1 money.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 2:09 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I know there are a few clubs in the conference with some money but I reckon as Grovey says its more about a fallout and I'd be amazed if he were on anything like league 1 money.
could be right might be a fallout with someone ..cos it don’t make sense his there captain plus his form of late his been on fire and just to walk out like that or perhaps his lucky enough to get a good wedge as well who knows
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move   Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move Empty

Back to top Go down

Antoni Sarcevic makes shock transfer move
Page 1 of 1