Freathy
katman
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
katman

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Muamba   Muamba EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Patrice Muamba has suffered a possible fatal heart attack while playing for Bolton
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:55 pm

It was horrific watching it live. The medical staff reacted so quickly I just hope they were able to save him.
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jesus, it doesn't look at all good.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Match abandoned - must have real cause for concern to do that. Really shocking news - hope he pulls through.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Doesn't look good.Thoughts go out to him and his family,hope to God that he pulls through.Puts all other football matters into perspective.
Back to top Go down
katman

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:20 pm

On another site,they're saying that he's clinically dead.
Very shocking
Back to top Go down
katman

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Other tweeters have said he's breathing again
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:22 pm

SSN is reporting he's stable in hospital
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:21 am

On BBC 24 they said that a defribulator was used on the pitch and in the tunnel. He is only 23????

Thoughts go out to him and his family.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:24 am

He is in intensive care, they can literally make you breath and keep your heart going in there, sadly I have experience of this, fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:15 pm

I see a 21 yr old guy has been arrested for racists tweets about Muamba, who is in hospital fighting for his life ffs. I half expected it to be someone from Plymouth judging by Dane Bunney's crew's Twatter accounts, but it turned out to be someone from South Wales, who surprise surprise is claiming his twatter account was hacked.

Another awful incident yesterday where Kilmarnock had just beaten Celtic to win the Scottish League Cup, and as the Kilmarnock team were celebrating one of their players, Liam Kelly was told his father was in the tunnel after suffering a fatal heart attack watching the game. Must have been horrendous for him on what should have been one of the happiest days of his life.
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:36 pm

I was watching it live and it wasnt nice at all, I spoke to my next door neighbours literally 15 minutes after it happened (who are both doctors) and they both said that they thought he would pass away Neutral

Massive credit to the emergency services though, they really are second to in england.

Saw that cretin on twitter, glad he was arrested... Another one that should be arrested is this bloke -https://twitter.com/#!/Walken4GOP

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has just offered to postpone their match with Bolton as well, very good of him.

I think i speak for all of ATD when i say, come on Fabrice, please pull through.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm

monti wrote:
I was watching it live and it wasnt nice at all, I spoke to my next door neighbours literally 15 minutes after it happened (who are both doctors) and they both said that they thought he would pass away Neutral

Massive credit to the emergency services though, they really are second to in england.

Saw that cretin on twitter, glad he was arrested... Another one that should be arrested is this bloke -https://twitter.com/#!/Walken4GOP

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has just offered to postpone their match with Bolton as well, very good of him.

I think i speak for all of ATD when i say, come on Fabrice, please pull through.

you certainly do Monti

Good luck Fabrice, out thoughts & prayers are with you & yours, here in Mid Devon Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Wouldn't it be amazing if bolton were to win the FA cup and Fabrice was able to lift up the trophy.
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:26 pm

monti wrote:

Shouldn't really give dickheads like this airtime, but have to say it's really funny a Yank saying about British sportsmen and women taking drugs! Also Muamba's not British but that's neither here or there. This guy is probably married to his 13 year old cousin and eats squirrel but because he goes to church of a Sunday God loves him lol!
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:33 pm

What really annoyed me about the one that i posted is the fact he got 50+ retweets (for those that dont know what a retweet is, its where you repost another user's message, normally because you find it funny/agree with it) for his sick racist opinions.

Jock - I do agree with you, however the swansea lad was given airtime because of his tweets and he was arrested the following morning, which really shows you what a power twitter has become.

He then claimed that he had been hacked..... i mean if you're going to say something online, at least have the balls to admit it was you.
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:35 pm

BBC reports that Bolton footballer Fabrice #Muamba showing "small signs of improvement" but still critically ill - London Chest Hospital.

Hopeful news.
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Heart stopped for two hours, it's not looking good long term is it?

Oxygen starvation for a start.

Hope he pulls through, football supporters get enough bad press, but both Spurs and Bolton fans (and players) were tremendous on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Really feel for the lad but I find the way many football fans sway from self congratulatory sympathy one week, to outright foul abuse and hatred of officials,players and other fans the next, quite moronic and cringeworthy.
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:28 pm

He seems to be making progress, he's conscious and breathing without assistance now. Good luck to the lad.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 am

Said on SSN this morning that he is recognising memebers of his family and is able to speak in his native French and English so doesn't look like any type of brain damage has occurred.
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:53 pm

^ Brilliant news, would quite like argyle to do something tonight, maybe a minutes applause or a chant for him.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Monti- Chris/ El Prez was suggesting the same so I imagine it will be done in conjunction with the minute applause for Johnny Williams (who played for both clubs tonight).
Back to top Go down

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Thanks Chemical, A nice touch.

Lets hope we can grab 3 points.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:32 pm

I preface the comment below with a caviat that my sincere sympathies go to him, his family, his team mates, friends and those who witnessed the incident at WHL the other night. But............

Does anyone else feel it's the latest in a long line of incidents to mutated into a loss of all sense of proportion?.

It doesn't take anything away from the sympathy surrounding an individual tragedy to say that no-one should have a monopoly on grief, or sympathy. Dozens, probably hundreds had heart attacks on Saturday. Some were saved but most would not have done. Where's the minutes applause for them?, where's the facetw@tter following for them?, where's the emcampment on world media outside their hospital/mortuary?.

It was a devastating private tragedy for one man and his family/friends yet it's being turned into some form of horrible Dianaesque mass public outpouring of grief. Why?. Because he was a footballer?, because he was famous?, because he was a celebrity?. Does celebrity now count so highly in the 'be-all-and-end-all' of existence that they're in some way vastly more important than everyone else?.

John Lloyd made a brilliant post on PASOTI about the instantly disposable nature of grief and sympathy in the world these days. For me minutes silences, books of condolence, flags flying half mast etc are becoming cheapened by their daily imposition for anything and everything.

I have tremendous sympathy for the individuals concerned. But I really have to ask myself if the 130,000 people who have added themselves to Fabrice Muambas twitter following are indeed "concerned" (in the involved sense). What business is it of theirs?, what business is it of any of ours?.

By all means do what you feel you need to do tonight but ask yourself how you once again became railroaded into joining a bandwagon of manufactured mass grief?.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muamba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muamba   Muamba Empty

Back to top Go down

Muamba
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next