The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle v Corby town 1965/66

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Argyle v Corby town 1965/66 Empty
PostSubject: Argyle v Corby town 1965/66   Argyle v Corby town 1965/66 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 12:10 pm

Some names from the past there !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Commentator seems familiar but not sure who ???
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Corby town 1965/66   Argyle v Corby town 1965/66 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 3:19 pm

Think the commentator was Rick Cowdery. Some very good players in that team such as King Bickle,Jackson,Jones,Piper and Williams-not long before Ufton/Board started selling them off and bringing in junk to replace them, in fact Trebilcock had probably already gone. Makes you want to weep even at this distance.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Corby town 1965/66   Argyle v Corby town 1965/66 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 4:26 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Think the commentator was Rick Cowdery. Some very good players in that team such as King Bickle,Jackson,Jones,Piper and Williams-not long before Ufton/Board started selling them off and bringing in junk to replace them, in fact Trebilcock had probably already gone. Makes you want to weep even at this distance.

Rick Cowdery lol or have I just taken the bait !

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Corby town 1965/66   Argyle v Corby town 1965/66 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 8:36 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

That clip came from a DVD called Argyle crackers and Cowdery was definitely involved in the production. TBH i can't remember what Cowdery's voice sounds like, so maybe i'm wrong but no wind up.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Corby town 1965/66   Argyle v Corby town 1965/66 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 7:44 am

Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

That clip came from a DVD called Argyle crackers and Cowdery was definitely involved in the production. TBH i can't remember what Cowdery's voice sounds like, so maybe i'm wrong but no wind up.

Thats probably the earliest footage I've seen from HP
(I've not further looked on youtube before Angry the roadsweeper chirps up)
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Corby town 1965/66   Argyle v Corby town 1965/66 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 9:49 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Thats probably the earliest footage I've seen from HP
(I've not further looked on youtube before Angry the roadsweeper chirps up)

On the Argyle crackers dvd there is definitely film of Argyle beating Manchester City the season before, it was the "strange penalty" game when Newman tapped the ball to Trebilcock to run in and score [nearly fecked it up actually].Pretty sure there's film of the cup match against Spurs in 1961 and the league cup semi final against Leicester in 1965 as well. Never seen anything from the '50's though.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Corby town 1965/66   Argyle v Corby town 1965/66 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 10:01 am

Muddy pitches and iconic shirts.
Norman Piper yeah! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Corby town 1965/66   Argyle v Corby town 1965/66 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Corby town 1965/66
Page 1 of 1