R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves. Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves.   R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 9:39 pm

My boyhood footballing hero, one of the greatest. Just been catching up on a few Saint and Greavsie shows - thanks Jimmy for all the enjoyment you brought to football.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves.   R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 11:19 pm

His goals-per-game scoring ratio for Spurs is better than Harry Kane. Only Nat Lofthouse has a better ratio for England.

World class striker that never got the recognition his talent deserved.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves.   R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves. EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 11:25 am

akagreengull wrote:
My boyhood footballing hero, one of the greatest. Just been catching up on a few Saint and Greavsie shows - thanks Jimmy for all the enjoyment you brought to football.

Saint and Greavsie Show brought back fond memories but didn't ol' Jimmy get very near the knuckle at times Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves.   R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves. EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 1:27 pm

its sad that despite all jimmy achieved in football it wasnt till the later part of his life he was awarded one of those redundant mbe things while Harry Kane plays in one world cup semi and was awarded one straight away.

rip jimmy and rip boycie too btw
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves.   R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 4:13 pm

Angry wrote:
its sad that despite all jimmy achieved in football it wasnt till the later part of his life he was awarded one of those redundant mbe things while Harry Kane plays in one world cup semi and was awarded one straight away.

rip jimmy and rip boycie too btw
And sadly Jimmy sold the medal for 44k to fund his care, apart from the lifelong disappointment of missing the 66 final, he also missed out like many other great players, on the huge influx of money into the game.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves.   R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves. EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 1:51 pm

akagreengull wrote:

I came across this link which has Greavsie talking about his great friendship with Bobby Moore and the things they got up to while playing for England....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigWT_SEIxg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves.   R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves. Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves.
Page 1 of 1