Go down 
+2
Jethro
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 1:04 pm

Jordon Garrick from Swansea - confirmed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 2:03 pm

Jordon Garrick it is then
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 2:44 pm

Still need a proper striker
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 2:44 pm

Jordon Garrick from Swansea - confirmed

Argyle have signed winger Jordon Garrick on a season long loan from loan from Swansea City.

The 23-year old joined the Swans in 2015 after playing his early football in non-league.

After making his debut in August 2019, in a 3-1 win over Northampton Town in the Carabao Cup, his first goal for the club came in the next round, scoring Swansea’s fourth in a 6-0 win over Cambridge United.

He has played 19 times in total for the Sky Bet Championship outfit, scoring two goals.

Born in Jamaica, Jordon and his family moved to Yorkshire when he was young and he soon began to show his sporting prowess.

During his school days Jordan played rugby league as well as football and began training with former Super League side, Bradford Bulls, when he was 16.

He was a full-back and winger and nearly gave up football all together.

It wasn’t until a trial at Swansea that Jordon’s ability with his feet were spotted by a professional club and he made the move from Yorkshire to Wales to begin his footballing journey.

After a handful of appearances for the Swans, Sky Bet League One side Swindon Town came calling for his services.

He joined the Robins on loan in February last season and went on to score two goals in 19 appearances.

The versatility that Jordon has in his game, having played across all the front three positions and filled in at right wing back, was something that caught the eye of the manager, Ryan Lowe.

He said ,"Jordan is one we have highlighted for a while. He’s a fantastic kid, fantastic player - very tricky, very direct, very pacey.

"He can take a man on, he can pick a pass, he can pick a cross and more importantly he can score a goal.

"We’re really looking forward to having him."

Jordon becomes the ninth player to join the Pilgrims this summer and will wear the number 14 shirt.

Jordon’s home and away shirts are available for sponsorship for the 21/22 Sky Bet League One campaign. For more information email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , or call 01752302204.

Deal subject to EFL approval and international clearance.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 3:35 pm

Looks useful.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 4:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Looks useful.

Played for Swindon last season
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Looks a bit lightweight to play cf-he'd get a battering in this league.

Use him on the wing Ryan, don't try to make him a wing back.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 5:18 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Looks useful.

Played for Swindon last season

Not much of a recommendation
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 6:00 pm

Right wing/back foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 7:11 pm

Argyle’s newest recruit, Jordon Garrick, cannot wait to get the next chapter of his sporting career going and feels Home Park is the perfect place for it.

The 23-year old has joined The Greens on a season long loan from Sky Bet Championship side Swansea City and has been impressed by what he has seen of Plymouth.

He travelled down with the Swans back in June, for their pre-season friendly with Argyle.

Although he wasn’t in the squad, Jordon was blown away by the city and facilities available to the Pilgrims.

He said, “I’m buzzing, I just can’t wait to get started to be fair.

“From what I saw in the summer and from what I’ve seen so far, all I feel is love here.

“I am a loving person, I like to speak to everyone so I feel I’ll settle in really nicely here.”

Jordon made his debut for the Swans in 2019 and then scored his first senior goal just a week later. He has gone on to feature 13 times for Swansea in the Sky Bet Championship but is hungry to learn and improve.

He spent the back end of last season on loan at Swindon Town and although their campaign ended in relegation from Sky Bet League One, he saw it as a good learning curve.

He said, “It was tough, we ended up getting relegated. I loved my time there though and used it as a lesson to move forward with.

“Physically I think that League One is unmatched – you just have to get used to it. The more play the more your body gets used to it.

“There are also teams that like to play football and those are the games that I enjoyed playing in.

“I really don’t mind getting the hard tackles and getting stuck in.”

And getting stuck in is something that Jordon isn’t afraid of. As well as playing football for amateur clubs in the Leeds area, he also played rugby league to a high standard.

As a teenager he trained with Bradford Bulls and was, at one stage, contemplating giving up football altogether.

He didn’t, and has gone from strength to strength ever since.

He said, “I had a spell when I was playing rugby, I enjoyed it. It made me a lot stronger and got me ready for first team football at such a young age.

“It was a good experience and hopefully I can used all I’ve learned so far into what we do here.

“In life, there is always a lesson to be learnt. I learnt my lesson in rugby, at Swansea, at Swindon and I am going to learn, progress and help Argyle move forward.

“I think we’re going to do good things this year.”

Welcome to Home Park Jordon.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 7:49 pm

Welcome Jordon!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Hope he does well, but he's not a striker.
Back to top Go down

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 12:01 am

If he can play right wing back then great Smile Dony know much about him but look forward to seeing what he can do hopefully he has pace and can cross a ball.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 1:42 am

akagreengull wrote:

Good Post
Exactly this
Back to top Go down

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 9:35 am

akagreengull wrote:

Nope but if he does indeed play RWB its a position we needed to strengthen considering we only have one guy who can play there and a YTS guy backing him up.. We do need another striker though so I hope its not too long in waiting for that to come.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 11:31 am

Wing backs are primarily defenders-this lad, like Cooper is not a defensive minded player.

Not having decent wing backs is the root cause of at least half the goals we concede.

Filling a team with attack minded players doesn't work-if it did, Kevin Keegan would have managed a few title winning teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

incoming comfirmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming comfirmed   incoming comfirmed Empty

Back to top Go down

incoming comfirmed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: