Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saracens promoted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 11:35 am

RFU and Eddie Jones must be delighted their franchise club has returned to the premiership with great ease with the same squad of players that went down last season at the first time of asking after being relegated for repeated violations of the salary cap.

I struggle to see what their punishment actually was cause other than a brief shorten season in the championship its still been business as usual for them no sign of them adhering to the cap in future either.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 2:58 pm

RFU is like the Government it's who you know not what you do that's important. English Rugby was much better after Will Carlings "old farts" comments all those years ago and they did sort themselves out yet I think it's become stale and gutless once again.
Back to top Go down

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 3:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
RFU is like the Government it's who you know not what you do that's important. English Rugby was much better after Will Carlings "old farts" comments all those years ago and they did sort themselves out yet I think it's become stale and gutless once again.

RFU where threatening Albion recently with a heavy points deduction and fine for a minor admin error to paperwork they submitted to which i think the Albion are still contesting or they had resolved but even so that shows the blatant disregard of clubs outside the prem.

I fail to see what punishment Thee RFU actually gave Saracens beyond relegating them to the championship for a season. As to me it seems RFU allowed them to keep their internationals who all opted to stay, on there on their current wages, allowed the players who knowingly helped the club in breaking the salary caps by creating bogus companies to be paid in part too play for England despite also not playing at all around the time of the 6 nations and it clearly showed at the time how unfit and out of sorts they were.

I just wish the RFU would just create their super league and be done with it and the other clubs outside the super 12 create there own governing body and competitions. RFU cares more about money not the game beyond the premiership and it shouldn't be the case.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 6:42 pm

Angry wrote:
I fail to see what punishment Thee RFU actually gave Saracens beyond relegating them to the championship for a season. As to me it seems RFU allowed them to keep their internationals who all opted to stay, on there on their current wages, allowed the players who knowingly helped the club in breaking the salary caps by creating bogus companies to be paid in part too play for England despite also not playing at all around the time of the 6 nations and it clearly showed at the time how unfit and out of sorts they were.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, despite being relegated for repeatedly breaking salary regulations, Saracens remain a premiership club simply because the own the necessary "P" shares. As far as I understand it, if a club remains relegated for two seasons then have to relinquish those shares to the team that kept them down, hence the Chiefs bought the shares off Leeds for £5m. I add a link to give you an idea what the club continued to do long after the balloon went up in 2015 when a further two clubs were also fingered. Saracens have also been dropped by the German insurance group Allianz following the club's jiggery-pokery

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Incidentally, Saracens recently won the championship by by beating Ealing trailfinders 57 - 15. However, during the season in the championship they still managed to keep their stars although loaning out Ben Earl and the excellent Max Malins to Bristol - I imagine those two are packing their bags to return as we speak. Finally, Nigel Wray may have resigned as club chairman but his daughter and son-in-law have taken his place on the board. I wonder if we'll hear more about that.

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 11:01 pm

Another RFU anomaly is the way two Exeter Chiefs players get cited last week & hit with 4 week bans, despite already being dealt with on the field, whereas Manu Tuilagi appears to have got away with two separate acts of GBH against Exeter players this week seemingly just because Eddie Jones wants him in the England squad next week.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 5:57 am

Even more blatant was the total whitewash of brawl at end of Brizzle Leicester game where multiple players joined from sidelines which earned Harry Williams a ban season before
Back to top Go down

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

As I mentioned in a previous thread, despite being relegated for repeatedly breaking salary regulations, Saracens remain a premiership club simply because the own the necessary "P" shares. As far as I understand it, if a club remains relegated for two seasons then have to relinquish those shares to the team that kept them down, hence the Chiefs bought the shares off Leeds for £5m. I add a link to give you an idea what the club continued to do long after the balloon went up in 2015 when a further two clubs were also fingered. Saracens have also been dropped by the German insurance group Allianz following the club's jiggery-pokery

Incidentally, Saracens recently won the championship by by beating Ealing trailfinders 57 - 15. However, during the season in the championship they still managed to keep their stars although loaning out Ben Earl and the excellent Max Malins to Bristol - I imagine those two are packing their bags to return as we speak. Finally, Nigel Wray may have resigned as club chairman but his daughter and son-in-law have taken his place on the board. I wonder if we'll hear more about that.  

the whole shares thing is even more reason why the RFU should just go ahead and create their own super league and just be done with it already. The gulf between the premiership and championship is like another universe and that gap isnt going to get any smaller regardless of the pr spin that will come from saracens going up and staying up next season.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Another RFU anomaly is the way two Exeter Chiefs players get cited last week & hit with 4 week bans, despite already being dealt with on the field, whereas Manu Tuilagi appears to have got away with two separate acts of GBH against Exeter players this week seemingly just because Eddie Jones wants him in the England squad next week.

Digest this m'lord. Skinner and Ewers sent off in the league win against Sale RFC which means, if found guilty, they wouldn't be available to face Sale the following Saturday to establish who would go through to face Bristol or Harlequins in the final. You now need to bear in mind that the Chiefs recently beat Bristol at Ashton Gate, so isn't it odd that the citing officer was Mr Paul Hull who has been described as "Bristol through and through" after playing 300 senior games for the club, then as academy manager, then assistant coach, head coach and latterly chief scout - and now he finds himself in a position to influence the team the Chiefs might've put out against his Bristol team if they had beaten Quins. It's bleeding weird.

The mild mannered Baxter who usually keeps his own council was accused of spitting his dummy out regarding those sendings off and yet the  Tuilagi incident you mentioned, certainly went along way to explaining Baxter's annoyance when Richard Capstick got battered to the extent that he seemed to stagger after getting to his feet, left the field after two minutes never to return, and all Tuilagi collects is a yellow. I've added these links for yourperusal....

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 5:23 pm

green_genie wrote:
Even more blatant was the total whitewash of brawl at end of Brizzle Leicester game where multiple players joined from sidelines which earned Harry Williams a ban season before  

Poor old Hairy getting involved in a bit of handbagging Very Happy As for Pat Lam, a season of thoroughly deserved plaudits evaporating through a moment of deviousness. I've never seen Steve Borthwick so angry.
Back to top Go down

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 7:29 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

i saw it briefly flash up on my phone but i believe Tuilagi is out of the England summer tour of i forgotten where tbh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saracens promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saracens promoted   Saracens promoted Empty

Back to top Go down

Saracens promoted
Page 1 of 1