Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+14
Clodagh Rubbish
Greenlander
Freathy
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
Earwegoagain
Hugh Midde
harvetheslayer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 7:00 pm

Not for me as I don't need a passport or driving licence to drive in continental waters.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 1:06 pm

Bye bye Bozo your time is nearly up!  cheers   And take your filthy brexit cabal with you.  Time for a general election and a responsible government to takeover and negotiate our way back in to the EU.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 1:13 pm

A bit early to be on the smack innit. If you want a bit of easy money lay large on Sunak taking over from Johnson before April is out. If you want to piss money away lay large on Brexit getting reversed in the next decade it's not happening.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 4:51 pm

No, we won't get back in now. Our future is that of a third country and whilst the EU prospers through their comprehensive trade deals with the rest of the world, our decline will continue unabated.

Enjoy the poverty it's what you voted for.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 5:04 pm

Yes but an isolated UK without any influence and in terminal decline doesn't matter to brexiteers because they have 'sovereignty' and have taken back 'control' LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 6:15 pm

Brixham fish got their act together in good time and have just enjoyed record fish sales, maybe rather than all this hand wringing nonsense and wailing woe is me we just get on with it, cos we’re out and we’re not going back.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 6:35 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
No, we won't get back in now. Our future is that of a third country and whilst the EU prospers through their comprehensive trade deals with the rest of the world, our decline will continue unabated.

Enjoy the poverty it's what you voted for.

Project fear stopped on the 22nd June 2016 Garry. Still waiting for Georgie Osborne's punishment budget.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 8:02 pm

And despite all the teeth knashing none of them can actually say their lives have changed for the worse since Brexit unless they use all the covid problems. I mean where are the empty shelves we were all promised?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 8:40 pm

Or planes not being allowed to land in Europe.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 9:04 pm

Or 3 million trucks lined-up at Dover!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 6:02 am

BBC wrote:
Barry Young, managing director of Brixham Trawler Agents, said Brexit changed the industry "because a lot of the fishermen throughout the south coast used to export their fish across to Europe, but they are no longer able to do that because of all the red tape and all the paperwork".
He said: "We installed a system which enabled us to do all that [paperwork] for them and we were fortunate enough that they took that on board and they've come down."
Mr Young said no more fish were being caught than previously, but more had been finding their way to customers through their market..
He said vessels from "up the east coast, Hastings, Lowestoft", as well as from Newlyn in Cornwall, and also from Wales, had been using the agents' services.

So Brixham doing slightly better than before because they have adapted more quickly than other UK ports.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 6:49 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
BBC wrote:
Barry Young, managing director of Brixham Trawler Agents, said Brexit changed the industry "because a lot of the fishermen throughout the south coast used to export their fish across to Europe, but they are no longer able to do that because of all the red tape and all the paperwork".
He said: "We installed a system which enabled us to do all that [paperwork] for them and we were fortunate enough that they took that on board and they've come down."
Mr Young said no more fish were being caught than previously, but more had been finding their way to customers through their market..
He said vessels from "up the east coast, Hastings, Lowestoft", as well as from Newlyn in Cornwall, and also from Wales, had been using the agents' services.

So Brixham doing slightly better than before because they have adapted more quickly than other UK ports.

I do miss BBC with his cannabis clobber and empty threats to chin people clown
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 9:12 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
BBC wrote:

Yep kind of like all business, evolve or die. I hope no one tells you lot about the internet and how it's killing to high street.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 9:40 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
BBC wrote:

Yep kind of like all business, evolve or die. I hope no one tells you lot about the internet and how it's killing to high street.

So having discovered the internet (and being able to read), it seems to me that Brixham Trawler Agents have facilitated a boom in landings at Brixham at the expense of other UK ports because they installed a system that cuts down on red tape and paperwork.

I would assume that this boom will stop when other UK ports adopt the same system and it no longer makes sense for fisherman from Lowestoft to land at Brixham. I am sure they will as they have to evolve or die.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 10:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
And despite all the teeth knashing none of them can actually say their lives have changed for the worse since Brexit unless they use all the covid problems. I mean where are the empty shelves we were all promised?

So what was the point of it all then?

It certainly hasn't changed for the better, it was a shit idea then and its a shit idea now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 11:13 am

Lol. All the remoaners were saying that everybody will lose, Brixham have showed what claptrap that is and have showed the other ports the way forward. It is the new normal and you either evolve or die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 11:50 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Lol. All the remoaners were saying that everybody will lose, Brixham have showed what claptrap that is and have showed the other ports the way forward. It is the new normal and you either evolve or die.

I think I remember seeing that on the side of a bus.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 12:36 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Never believe a word you read on the side of a bus.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 1:37 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Never believe a word you read on the side of a bus.

Says on the side of the one I'm on we are carrying less passengers due to covid19

Bus is rammed

So your right not to believe sides of buses
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 2:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Wow! Fantastic news if your a Brixham based pen pusher.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 7:05 pm

I am afraid that even a tiny plus point such as this is grasped by the cult and held up as proof of the massive success of our departure.

The tory mantra of every man for himself and devil take the hindmost also means that if you are not personally worse off that too means massive success.

Me, me, me, feck society and everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 10:01 am

seadog wrote:
I am afraid that even a tiny plus point such as this is grasped by the cult and held up as proof of the massive success of our departure.

The tory mantra of every man for himself and devil take the hindmost also means that if you are not personally worse off that too means massive success.

Bollocks it proves what I said before all this actually happened that there will be winners and losers and like or not this is the new normal to coin a phrase. For the businesses that are prepared to change there have been massive opportunities created, the reality is that the lives of yourself, Frank and PP have changed not one jot whilst myself as self employed person have ridden out recessions and crap governments all my life by evolving and changing just go with it and guess what I'm thriving. Even if my business folded there is loads of work out there yet you would have us all believe that life is terrible.
I am not suggesting for one minute that there aren't loads of people struggling at the bottom of the pile but that has been going on for hundreds of years and has fook all to do with the B word either. I have long been a campaigner for the living wage and was paying £10/hr to labourers more than ten years ago but all the remoaners I know are working for big companies on big wages with big pensions and look at me in horror when I suggest they should be paying their worker bees more money. That's selfish for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 10:11 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Bollocks it proves what I said before all this actually happened that there will be winners and losers and like or not this is the new normal to coin a phrase. For the businesses that are prepared to change there have been massive opportunities created, the reality is that the lives of yourself, Frank and PP have changed not one jot whilst myself as self employed person have ridden out recessions and crap governments all my life by evolving and changing just go with it and guess what I'm thriving. Even if my business folded there is loads of work out there yet you would have us all believe that life is terrible.
I am not suggesting for one minute that there aren't loads of people struggling at the bottom of the pile but that has been going on for hundreds of years and has fook all to do with the B word either. I have long been a campaigner for the living wage and was paying £10/hr to labourers more than ten years ago but all the remoaners I know are working for big companies on big wages with big pensions and look at me in horror when I suggest they should be paying their worker bees more money.  That's selfish for you.

And the point that you fail to address is that you initially championed the Brixham story as some sort of Brexit success. Even minimal research into the story shows that one company is benefiting at the expense of other UK ports.

You have no idea how my life has changed because of Brexit. Thats the "reality".
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 6:06 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

I am not suggesting for one minute that there aren't loads of people struggling at the bottom of the pile but that has been going on for hundreds of years and has fook all to do with the B word either. I have long been a campaigner for the living wage and was paying £10/hr to labourers more than ten years ago but all the remoaners I know are working for big companies on big wages with big pensions and look at me in horror when I suggest they should be paying their worker bees more money.  That's selfish for you.

And the point that you fail to address is that you initially championed the Brixham story as some sort of Brexit success. Even minimal research into the story shows that one company is benefiting at the expense of other UK ports.

You have no idea how my life has changed because of Brexit. Thats the "reality".

I highlighted Brixham as a Brexit success because it is, they have shown the other ports the way forward. As for how terrible your life is since Brexit why don't you tell us? Fact is Brexit hasn't changed your life at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 7:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

I highlighted Brixham as a Brexit success because it is, they have shown the other ports the way forward. As for how terrible your life is since Brexit why don't you tell us? Fact is Brexit hasn't changed your life at all.

Brixham isn't an example of a Brexit success. You don't understand what you are talking about. They are the first to adapt to the clusterfuck that is Brexit and are benefiting at the expense of other UK ports.

Quote :
Fact is Brexit hasn't changed your life at all

So you are an expert on my life as well? I know you think you are an expert on everything, including my profession, but I didn't realise you knew the in and outs of my life. Aren't we lucky to be in the presence of such a polymath.

As you know I am an Immigration Officer. Unlike you, I am at the absolute front line of this Brexit clusterfuck. I doubt there is anyone else on these boards who has to live and breath this nonsense day in day out as much as I do. Instead of protecting the border we are working with our eyes closed because you voted for us to lose access to the SIS2 system. We used to be able to stop criminals coming into the UK, but now we have no idea who is coming in.

Instead, we are targeting decent people who are coming here to work. Highlights include a 19 year old au-pair coming for the summer, a teacher coming back after Christmas, a Premier League footballer and a student returning to complete his 4th year of a Uni course. But we can't have people like that coming into the country can we!

It would be nice if we were properly resourced to do our job properly so we can fulfil your Brexit fantasies. Unfortunately your darling Brexiteer government won't fund us properly because they didn't realise the consequences (and costs) of ending freedom of movement. But they don't actually want to end freedom of movement but they won't admit it for fear of upsetting the Brexit snowflakes.

Officers are leaving and not being replaced. We are having to do more with less and are stretched to breaking point - and all of this is happening under the cloud of covid. God knows what it would be like if we had the same passenger numbers as we did pre-covid.

We are still getting swamped with asylum seekers. The channel gets the news but the airports are seeing numbers higher than ever (even with less passengers). I wonder why this is? Maybe you could tell me. We are seeing a decrease in skilled and professional workers, not to mention young EU adults coming over for casual work and life experiences. There is a rise in unskilled workers coming for a "holiday" in midwinter though.

But what really gets me are the family cases. You know the ones - you know everything remember - Mum and Dad have applied for permission to stay but they sent the short form birth certificate for little Johnny instead of the long one. Its 1am and they are returning from a trip home to see Granny. Mum and Dad can go through but little Johnny falls for refusal on a technicality. So what do we do? Send the kid back because he doesn't have permission to be here? Or do we break the rules, put our jobs at risk, and let little Johnny through?

Thats how Brexit affects me. I have to deal with this bullshit on the front line every day.

Or do you just mean am I earning less money?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 25 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next