Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8455
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:03 pm

Glad I didn't go, or pay to watch it on Ifollow. Can't wait for the season to finish its been shite. Lowe out.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14848
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:08 pm

I truly wish that Watts gets told to go back to Newcastle today and not after Gillingham he is awful.. Never seen a defender who does nothing but back off from tackles and absolutely no awareness or intelligence. You could see McCormick asking why he just stood still after he saved a shot that parried over to a unmarked sunderland player that watts was suppose to be marking and made no effort to close him down before he took his shot at an empty goal.

Lowe cant be given too many get out of jail free cards from some fans he has to start taking the flak for this continuation of using the same tactics that people have sussed out.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6012
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Ffs Hallet dont let Lowe sign another batch of shit players, show some ambition and make the change.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8455
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:19 pm

Angry wrote:
I truly wish that Watts gets told to go back to Newcastle today and not after Gillingham he is awful.. Never seen a defender who does nothing but back off from tackles and absolutely no awareness or intelligence. You could see McCormick asking why he just stood still after he saved a shot that parried over to a unmarked sunderland player that watts was suppose to be marking and made no effort to close him down before he took his shot at an empty goal.

Lowe cant be given too many get out of jail free cards from some fans he has to start taking the flak for this continuation of using the same tactics that people have sussed out.

Hallett has to shoulder much of the blame for the Lowe situation as his long contract makes him too expensive to be sacked as he should be.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6344
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:41 pm

Only an idiot would fire a manager that has won two promotions in his first three seasons of managing.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8455
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:46 pm

Only a fookin idiot would keep one that is losing by cricket scores week in week out and has left us with a team that needs to be scrapped bar about four players and produced some of the worst "entertainment" it's ever been my misfortune to watch as an Argyle fan.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6012
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Todays defeat was so predictable nobody even the Happy Clappies thought argyle would win, there is zero fight or commitment in these wage stealers and lowe signed them all, if he stays the club goes down next season.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 5525
Join date : 2011-05-12

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:56 pm

I don't believe for one second we would have been promoted last season if the competition hadn't been terminated early.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6752
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 64
Location : Mutant Abbot

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:58 pm

Rickler wrote:
Only an idiot would fire a manager that has won two promotions in his first three seasons of managing.

Yep!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6344
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 6:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
I don't believe for one second we would have been promoted last season if the competition hadn't been terminated early.

It doesn't really matter what you believe would have happened. The competition did end early and we were promoted.

Reality bites...
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 5525
Join date : 2011-05-12

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Some Argo fans do love a shit manager. Something that doesn't seem to afflict other clubs.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6012
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 6:07 pm

Freathy wrote:
Some Argo fans do love a shit manager.  Something that doesn't seem to afflict other clubs.
Avoiding relegation just about is seen as success by argo fans these days, it must have been eight years of the Brentmare lowering expectations, that sets the bar so low.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 867
Join date : 2020-03-25

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 7:01 pm

It’s a relief to avoid relegation not seen as a success at all.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2608
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 60

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 7:21 pm

Last home game is over and the players clap the fans, the fans clap the players, what an amazing season, just glad to still have a club to support.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-01-24

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 7:24 pm

As Freathy said, Argyle didn't earn promotion under Lowe, it was awarded based on results over a part of the season. If we had Played ECFC and drawn, we wouldn't have been promoted

Results this season have borne out just how lucky we were.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14848
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 7:40 pm

we are in league one next season so it can be said he achieved the objective of this season with over 50 points. Its just a big worry and shame that we went to complete shit since hitting 50 after hitting a purple patch after another dreadful run of results before hand.

Its this that worries me like under Bobby Williamson. It mirrors that situation where he achieved the objective of keeping us up with over 50 points and we hoped he would improve the squad so we push on learning from the mistakes of the previous season and he didnt after he had funds (debateable) and there was no change and we got worst.

I dont want to see this happen again so Ryan's summer transfer dealings have to be spot on no slipups and not being so trusting taking players at their word like MacFadzean when he was dawdeling on a contract offer only to say no at the very last minute leaving us short on a LWB all season long as we never actually replaced him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9374
Join date : 2011-10-23

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 7:51 pm

I lost count of the amount of times Law gave the ball away. On that performance he fits seamlessly into a Lowe defensive unit.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14848
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 8:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I lost count of the amount of times Law gave the ball away. On that performance he fits seamlessly into a Lowe defensive unit.

Heneeds to bulk up thats a fact but today i cant fault him as he was played out of position he is a left back trying to play central defence alongside shit for brains watts and opkou. Tomlinson came on i would have played him there over law given hes a natural central defender.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 867
Join date : 2020-03-25

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 9:07 pm

Same old deficiencies for sure, the team picked itself today due to injuries etc but the first goal should have been offside and don’t think it was a penalty.

The close season’s going to be interesting !
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6344
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 9:52 pm

Grovehill wrote:
As Freathy said, Argyle didn't earn promotion under Lowe, it was awarded based on results over a part of the season. If we had Played ECFC and drawn, we wouldn't have been promoted

Results this season have borne out just how lucky we were.

I decree we still would have been promoted.

So who is right? See how stupid your proposition is? No, you don't. That's the problem.

Face the reality. We were promoted. Suck it up and move on!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-01-24

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 10:14 pm

Who let him out again?
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 867
Join date : 2020-03-25

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 10:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
As Freathy said, Argyle didn't earn promotion under Lowe, it was awarded based on results over a part of the season. If we had Played ECFC and drawn, we wouldn't have been promoted

Results this season have borne out just how lucky we were.

“If if if” if my auntie had balls she would have been my uncle, we’ll never know what may or may not have happened last season but we we’re judged as 3rd best team in L2 based on ppg when the season was curtailed.

We’re obviously in a much tougher league this season, no doubt Lowe’s been on a steep learning curve and has made some errors on defensive signings and I hope we don’t see the likes of Opoku, Lewis and to a lesser extent Watts in an Argyle shirt again but Lowe knows he has to get it right next season or it will probably be the chop, so I’m rather looking forward to the close season and the 21/22 session.

A small positive is seeing 4 academy players in that team today, Law had a tough time, I just hope he and the other youngsters don’t let their heads drop with all the criticism that inevitably will come their way.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 867
Join date : 2020-03-25

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 10:27 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Who let him out again?

Well if your allowed out that’s license for us all
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Posts : 2040
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 11:26 am

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I lost count of the amount of times Law gave the ball away. On that performance he fits seamlessly into a Lowe defensive unit.

Heneeds to bulk up thats a fact but today i cant fault him as he was played out of position he is a left back trying to play central defence alongside shit for brains watts and opkou. Tomlinson came on i would have played him there over law given hes a natural central defender.

Were you watching? Law played on the left of a back 4.

Law did well overall, got caught a couple of times, but generally his distribution and positioning was pretty good. Got caught out for the penalty, which was outside the box. He's a good prospect and would benefit from playing alongside experienced defenders, which hopefully he will be next season.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14848
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 11:39 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I lost count of the amount of times Law gave the ball away. On that performance he fits seamlessly into a Lowe defensive unit.

Heneeds to bulk up thats a fact but today i cant fault him as he was played out of position he is a left back trying to play central defence alongside shit for brains watts and opkou. Tomlinson came on i would have played him there over law given hes a natural central defender.

Were you watching? Law played on the left of a back 4.

Law did well overall, got caught a couple of times, but generally his distribution and positioning was pretty good. Got caught out for the penalty, which was outside the box. He's a good prospect and would benefit from playing alongside experienced defenders, which hopefully he will be next season.

yes i did unfortunately thankfully that was the last game ive paid for with my waste of time season ticket. we played a back 4 you say? i wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't mentioned it cause we were all over the place so it made zero difference to normal.
To be fair to him if he was playing left back why was he being used as a 3rd central defender at times cause opoku so slow and watts is unbelievably shit no wonder he was getting caught out that's not his position nor should it be its those two's to cover the centre.

442 Would also explain why with 4 central midfielders we create virtually jacksht all game cause none of them play winger bar grant. This is the biggest issue Ryan has with his philosophy of one preferred tactic he doesnt even have the players to play 442!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Sunderland
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: