Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Hull goals and post Match Interview

Go down 
+6
Les Miserable
harvetheslayer
Freathy
Grovehill
Angry
Tgwu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 13306
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 7:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ryan Lowe Post Hull City



Joe Edwards Post Hull City


Hull City


Grant McCann was pleased with both the result and the performance after seeing his Hull City side beat Plymouth Argyle 3-0 at Home Park on Saturday.

Goals from Keane Lewis-Potter, Josh Magennis and Greg Docherty saw the Tigers win for a third successive game and, whilst it was the attacking exploits that grabbed the attention, McCann was pleaded with his team’s all-round display.

“I thought the boys were excellent today,” said McCann.

“Again a surprise has been thrown at us in terms of the opposition’s system. We’ve seen Plymouth play predominantly with a 4-4-2, but once we saw them setting up with three at the back it gave us an opportunity to press high, get our front three against their back three and to get Callum Elder and Lewie Coyle aggressive against their wing-backs.

“I thought we won most of our individual battles all over the pitch and we looked a threat every time we went forward. I’m really pleased with the result and really pleased with the performance.”

It was a dominant performance from the away side against a Plymouth team that, up until this weekend, had the joint-third best home record in the division and McCann knew his team needed to make a bright start which was capped by Lewis-Potter’s eleventh-minute opener.

“We had to be at it from the off,” added McCann.

“Plymouth have shown how good they are at home this season, particularly in the first 45 minutes of home games, so we needed to start on the front foot.

“It was a really good opening goal from us – a great position and pass from Mallik and a great finish from Keane – and we were pleased to come in at half time 1-0 up. Defensively I felt we were good and Plymouth didn’t threaten us too much."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm

Lowes low and doesn’t have many answers - desire looks like it’s slipping away on and off the pitch. Sad to see.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15285
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 8:44 pm

id save yourself the bother next time we loose tgwu and just find any old press interview ryan has given as they are all the exact same.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15285
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 8:46 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Lowes low and doesn’t have many answers - desire looks like it’s slipping away on and off the pitch. Sad to see.

if things dont improve performance/results wise next season after hes had backing to bring in new player how much time should he be given before the bullet comes on his time in charge?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1615
Join date : 2012-01-24

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 9:08 pm

He's deluded
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 13306
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 9:09 pm

Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Lowes low and doesn’t have many answers - desire looks like it’s slipping away on and off the pitch. Sad to see.

if things dont improve performance/results wise next season after hes had backing to bring in new player how much time should he be given before the bullet comes on his time in charge?


Only five to go
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Lowes low and doesn’t have many answers - desire looks like it’s slipping away on and off the pitch. Sad to see.

if things dont improve performance/results wise next season after hes had backing to bring in new player how much time should he be given before the bullet comes on his time in charge?

Good question Angry, tough call if we’ve wasted cash & time into a new season. Lowes body language is showing his pain but he is paid to get results and can’t keep stating he doesn’t know what to change.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 5639
Join date : 2011-05-12

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:28 pm

Lowe is completely out of his depth. Floundering.  If Hallett wants fans to return (if circumstances allow) next season he needs to offer hell of a lot more than just a succession of extended losing runs.  Not good enough Hallett.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15285
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Lowes low and doesn’t have many answers - desire looks like it’s slipping away on and off the pitch. Sad to see.

if things dont improve performance/results wise next season after hes had backing to bring in new player how much time should he be given before the bullet comes on his time in charge?

Good question Angry, tough call if we’ve wasted cash & time into a new season. Lowes body language is showing his pain but he is paid to get results and can’t keep stating he doesn’t know what to change.

it is a tough one for me if we have invested in new recruits that Ryan wants and he's still losing games in the same manner i would say by Halloween. What i don't want to see is the board do what they did with del bhey and leave too little too late to act.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 11:28 pm

Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Lowes low and doesn’t have many answers - desire looks like it’s slipping away on and off the pitch. Sad to see.

if things dont improve performance/results wise next season after hes had backing to bring in new player how much time should he be given before the bullet comes on his time in charge?

Good question Angry, tough call if we’ve wasted cash & time into a new season. Lowes body language is showing his pain but he is paid to get results and can’t keep stating he doesn’t know what to change.

it is a tough one for me if we have invested in new recruits that Ryan wants and he's still losing games in the same manner i would say by Halloween. What i don't want to see is the board do what they did with del bhey and leave too little too late to act.

Although on paper he has probably done what was expected in keeping us in this league, the maverick style has turned to pure dross at both ends of the pitch. Hope he’s got the fight in him!!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15285
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 12:04 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Lowes low and doesn’t have many answers - desire looks like it’s slipping away on and off the pitch. Sad to see.

if things dont improve performance/results wise next season after hes had backing to bring in new player how much time should he be given before the bullet comes on his time in charge?

Good question Angry, tough call if we’ve wasted cash & time into a new season. Lowes body language is showing his pain but he is paid to get results and can’t keep stating he doesn’t know what to change.

it is a tough one for me if we have invested in new recruits that Ryan wants and he's still losing games in the same manner i would say by Halloween. What i don't want to see is the board do what they did with del bhey and leave too little too late to act.

Although on paper he has probably done what was expected in keeping us in this league, the maverick style has turned to pure dross at both ends of the pitch. Hope he’s got the fight in him!!

He did and that cant be denied. There again saying that so did Bobby Williamson! he kept us up in our first year promoted with the same amount of points (i think definitely over 50 whatever it was) and in a higher league and look how that played out.

I hope Ryan learns from this season what's gone wrong in our preparations, our tactic and system of play and works on them so we aren't so naïve next season, he brings in the right players and actually has depth in the squad and looks at his coaching staff as its been said to death by me and others already but we really need a coach who can coach defenders as whoever is doing it hasnt got a clue. We dont even need to hire someone full time for that role just bring someone with the right experience and knowledge in once a week to work solely with the defence much like holloway did with gary penrice with the strikers in lieu of his scoting role for us.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 7397
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 5:23 am

Cooper just exposed again so weak on all 3 goals. Watch the highlights and in particular Hulls move right after they scored their first
Just rooted to the spot as the ball fortunately goes wide

Time after time this season. I'm amazed that so many think he's the bees knees albeit reading forums many agree with me as well.

Lowe is blind to this keeper utterly stubborn.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 7397
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 5:28 am

Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Lowes low and doesn’t have many answers - desire looks like it’s slipping away on and off the pitch. Sad to see.

if things dont improve performance/results wise next season after hes had backing to bring in new player how much time should he be given before the bullet comes on his time in charge?

Good question Angry, tough call if we’ve wasted cash & time into a new season. Lowes body language is showing his pain but he is paid to get results and can’t keep stating he doesn’t know what to change.

it is a tough one for me if we have invested in new recruits that Ryan wants and he's still losing games in the same manner i would say by Halloween. What i don't want to see is the board do what they did with del bhey and leave too little too late to act.

Although on paper he has probably done what was expected in keeping us in this league, the maverick style has turned to pure dross at both ends of the pitch. Hope he’s got the fight in him!!

He did and that cant be denied. There again saying that so did Bobby Williamson! he kept us up in our first year promoted with the same amount of points (i think definitely over 50 whatever it was) and in a higher league and look how that played out.

I hope Ryan learns from this season what's gone wrong in our preparations, our tactic and system of play  and works on them so we aren't so naïve next season, he brings in the right players and actually has depth in the squad and looks at his coaching staff as its been said to death by me and others already but we really need a coach who can coach defenders as whoever is doing it hasnt got a clue. We dont even need to hire someone full time for that role just bring someone with the right experience and knowledge in once a week to work solely with the defence much like holloway did with gary penrice with the strikers in lieu of his scoting role for us.

He wont learn Angry or more to the point he cant. His mindset is plan A and thats it
To change everything that he has done before then becomes null and void. I expect him to get poached this summer on the managerial merry go round and go to a club who can fund the players that can actually play his style of football
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 7397
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 5:36 am


I've lifted this from Pasoti but it superbly sums up our "star" player.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6622
Join date : 2014-03-30

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 8:13 am

Hull could've had at least 12 or 13 if it wasn't for Cooper.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 8:48 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Lowes low and doesn’t have many answers - desire looks like it’s slipping away on and off the pitch. Sad to see.

if things dont improve performance/results wise next season after hes had backing to bring in new player how much time should he be given before the bullet comes on his time in charge?

Good question Angry, tough call if we’ve wasted cash & time into a new season. Lowes body language is showing his pain but he is paid to get results and can’t keep stating he doesn’t know what to change.

it is a tough one for me if we have invested in new recruits that Ryan wants and he's still losing games in the same manner i would say by Halloween. What i don't want to see is the board do what they did with del bhey and leave too little too late to act.

Although on paper he has probably done what was expected in keeping us in this league, the maverick style has turned to pure dross at both ends of the pitch. Hope he’s got the fight in him!!

He did and that cant be denied. There again saying that so did Bobby Williamson! he kept us up in our first year promoted with the same amount of points (i think definitely over 50 whatever it was) and in a higher league and look how that played out.

I hope Ryan learns from this season what's gone wrong in our preparations, our tactic and system of play  and works on them so we aren't so naïve next season, he brings in the right players and actually has depth in the squad and looks at his coaching staff as its been said to death by me and others already but we really need a coach who can coach defenders as whoever is doing it hasnt got a clue. We dont even need to hire someone full time for that role just bring someone with the right experience and knowledge in once a week to work solely with the defence much like holloway did with gary penrice with the strikers in lieu of his scoting role for us.

He wont learn Angry or more to the point he cant. His mindset is plan A and thats it
To change everything that he has done before then becomes null and void. I expect him to get poached this summer on the managerial merry go round and go to a club who can fund the players that can actually play his style of football

Whilst I was bowled over when he joined us, someone coming in for him 'could' be a blessing in disguise - his interviews of late have have been frustrating for him and us as fans, Hallett must be pulling his hair out. We've reached the 52pts and looks like the club is just going through the motions and dreaming of the beach - not good enough for me, need to see some sort of plan coming together. Sad as 'this' time I thought we got it right but my 50+ years of hope could be heading for the rocks again!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8961
Join date : 2017-09-09

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 9:09 am

I said it last summer and I'll say it again now, Hallett is as equally to blame as Lowe is, I don't think we have a budget to compete at this level and I can't see Hallett giving up his train set to someone that can very soon, anyway at least we have a club to support.........
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15285
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 9:24 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

I've lifted this from Pasoti but it superbly sums up our "star" player.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

he just stole that from me as its pretty much what i wrote the other day on here.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1615
Join date : 2012-01-24

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 11:04 am

Twelve months ago MacFazdean was our only specialist Wing back-Edwards Moore and Grant can "fill in" but are not dedicated full backs.

MacF dithered over a new contract and what did Lowe do? Signed a forward and a midfielder, trialled a number of journeymen (why trial anyone if data analytics is the dog's bollocks as Hallett thinks) who weren't anywhere nearly good enough and when MacF finally decided he'd rather not play than return to Home Park, Lowe signs a midfielder and tells him to play at Wing Back!


We need shot of this Manager NOW so his replacement can assess the squad before the close season.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6444
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I said it last summer and I'll say it again now, Hallett is as equally to blame as Lowe is, I don't think we have a budget to compete at this level and I can't see Hallett giving up his train set to someone that can very soon, anyway at least we have a club to support.........

To support? You?  LOL.

and as for not having a budget to compete at this level?  How many 'fookin' times do you (and grovey) need to be told that the budget for the past season was set by the EFL?  If you took a moment to educate yourself rather than just bellowing with rage all the time,  you (and us poor sods who have to read your crap) would be a lot better off.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8961
Join date : 2017-09-09

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 8:03 pm

More lessons on how to support the team from a bloke that lives in America feck off twat.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6444
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 8:09 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
More lessons on how to support the team from a bloke that lives in America feck off twat.

Typical vulgar xenophobic snorting from a worzel luddite that lives in bumfuck nowhere.


Anyway.. Have you finally got how the budget worked for this season, yet? Or do you still need help?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 13798
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 59
Location : Berkshire

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 12:14 am

Not happy watching videos of yesterday.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8961
Join date : 2017-09-09

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 5:50 am

Grovehill wrote:
Twelve months ago MacFazdean was our only specialist Wing back-Edwards Moore and Grant can "fill in" but are not dedicated full backs.

MacF dithered over a new contract and what did Lowe do? Signed a forward and a midfielder, trialled a number of journeymen (why trial anyone if data analytics is the dog's bollocks as Hallett thinks) who weren't anywhere nearly good enough and when MacF finally decided he'd rather not  play than return to Home Park, Lowe signs a midfielder and tells him to play at Wing Back!


We need shot of this Manager NOW so his replacement can assess the squad before the close season.

Trouble is we have an inexperienced manager led by an inexperienced owner, at this level, hopefully they will pull their fingers out in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6444
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 6:14 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Twelve months ago MacFazdean was our only specialist Wing back-Edwards Moore and Grant can "fill in" but are not dedicated full backs.

MacF dithered over a new contract and what did Lowe do? Signed a forward and a midfielder, trialled a number of journeymen (why trial anyone if data analytics is the dog's bollocks as Hallett thinks) who weren't anywhere nearly good enough and when MacF finally decided he'd rather not  play than return to Home Park, Lowe signs a midfielder and tells him to play at Wing Back!


We need shot of this Manager NOW so his replacement can assess the squad before the close season.

Trouble is we have an inexperienced manager led by an inexperienced owner, at this level, hopefully they will pull their fingers out in the summer.

...and luckily we have an experienced CEO in Andrew Parkinson (who actually runs the club) and a very experienced director of football in Neil Dewsnip who will oversee things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull goals and post Match Interview   Hull goals and post Match Interview Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Hull goals and post Match Interview
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: