HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Complacency?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Complacency? Empty
PostSubject: Complacency?   Complacency? EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 2:02 pm

Anyone else think the Manager might be getting a bit too complacent about his position?

I don't want anyone to be living in fear of the sack, but the mid season losing run, followed by the new Contract and the Chairman's comments on the podcast might possibly have lead RL to think that, while he might not exactly be unsackable, it would take a serious turn of events (probably more serious even than relegation) for him to lose his job?

Now, I'm not saying he's not concerned about results, but perhaps the relative safety of his job is making him more reluctant to change a system, tactics and selection that clearly isn't working.

I understand the idea behind "we play this way at all levels throughout the Club" but there's a thin line between sticking by your principles and just being pig headed.

Do others think that he might change things for the better if he was, for instance told he would be replaced if he doesn't turn things round in the next few games?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Complacency? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complacency?   Complacency? EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 3:38 pm

Ok, I'll bite. The chairman, manager, coaching staff, everybody at the club is signed up to a long term project, data driven recruitment, specific way of playing throughout the club etc etc.

Interesting you say it isn't working. I'd disagree, 45 pts at this stage of the season, the first in a higher league, isn't a bad return.

The way of playing is far more attractive than we have seen for years, when we play it well we can beat anybody. We've lost a few that we should have won, but all teams do that. Individual errors have cost us a lot of points this year. Manager's fault, or do the players have to take responsibility as well?

As I say, it's a long term project, controlled by the best owner we have had in years and one of the best young managers in the country. Give it time.

But then it all depends on your expectations, at the start I'd have been happy with mid table, possibly top 10.

It also depends on whether you have an obsessive dislike of the manager and have never wanted him at the club.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Complacency? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complacency?   Complacency? EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Grovey really is relishing this spell ain’t he. Laughing

He’s not derived this much pleasure from following Argyle.....since the 6 match losing run cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Complacency? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complacency?   Complacency? Empty

Back to top Go down

Complacency?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: