Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 The latest financial report from the Club.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12950
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:23 am



The club has filed its annual report for the year ended 30 June 2020 at Companies House.

As provided last year, and in line with our club’s Values of Honesty, Openness and Integrity, Argyle’s Head of Finance, David Ray, has written to the Green Army to provide additional context to the financial statements being published.

The report outlines the club's financial position as of 30 June 2020 and covers the period before our promotion to Sky Bet League One. Although some of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic are felt in this report, the financial impact will continue to be felt throughout the following year, at least.

read more

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6752
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 64
Location : Mutant Abbot

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 8:13 pm

"Argyle are therefore almost debt free and still on target to achieve their aim of being a sustainable Championship club by 2024."
Never thought I would be reading that a couple of years ago in the Brentmare epoch.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-01-24

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 8:35 pm

"Debt free" is a very subjective term
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6344
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:57 pm

Grovehill wrote:
"Debt free" is a very subjective term

So is "almost".

Anyway... What's your 'expert' analysis as to what the 'real' situation is then, Grovey?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-01-24

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 11:59 am

SH has got fed up with pumping cash in to cover losses. Notwithstanding the current situation, he wants his business to stop losing money.

If he's put a seven figure sum into his business, he'll want that back at some point-probably when he sells.

And before you say anything, nobody has ever owned a football club for ever.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 867
Join date : 2020-03-25

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 1:16 pm

Grovehill wrote:
SH has got fed up with pumping cash in to cover losses. Notwithstanding the current situation, he wants his business to stop losing money.

If he's put a seven figure sum into his business, he'll want that back at some point-probably when he sells.

And before you say anything, nobody has ever owned a football club for ever.

None of thats rocket science, SH has always said he wants the club to be sustainable, so your statement that he’s “fed up” is not strictly correct is it ? as the time would always come when SH would cease funding the club.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2608
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 60

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 1:53 pm

Player salaries fell from £3.3 million to £2.9 million and will have to fall further to £2.5 million under the salary cap, not good.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-01-24

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 2:00 pm

Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
SH has got fed up with pumping cash in to cover losses. Notwithstanding the current situation, he wants his business to stop losing money.

If he's put a seven figure sum into his business, he'll want that back at some point-probably when he sells.

And before you say anything, nobody has ever owned a football club for ever.

None of thats rocket science, SH has always said he wants the club to be sustainable, so your statement that he’s “fed up” is not strictly correct is it ? as the time would always come when SH would cease funding the club.

He owns the Club, of course he wants it to be sustainable. Why do people talk as if him putting money into the club is some charitable act?

No one would say that Branson is "giving money to help bail out" his loss making airline.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9374
Join date : 2011-10-23

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 3:03 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
SH has got fed up with pumping cash in to cover losses. Notwithstanding the current situation, he wants his business to stop losing money.

If he's put a seven figure sum into his business, he'll want that back at some point-probably when he sells.

And before you say anything, nobody has ever owned a football club for ever.

None of thats rocket science, SH has always said he wants the club to be sustainable, so your statement that he’s “fed up” is not strictly correct is it ? as the time would always come when SH would cease funding the club.

He owns the Club, of course he wants it to be sustainable. Why do people talk as if him putting money into the club is some charitable act?

No one would say that Branson is "giving money to help bail out" his loss making airline.

Really? So how would you classify Branson re-mortgaging his Caribbean Island to raise funds to help bail out Virgin?

You really are quite dense Grovey. If Halletts overriding priority was to make money out of Argyle he wouldn’t have converted the Mayflower refurb funding to shares - he’d have kept it as a loan. But he didn’t. As a result, as he says Argyle are virtually debt free on their balance sheet.

It’s been spelt out to you many times before, but the only way Hallett would ever theoretically get a return on the millions of £££’s he has paid for those converted shares, is if Argyle are in a dramatically better league position ( top end of the Championship). Even then I doubt he’d want to walk away from a PAFC in that position, because he’s an actual fan. But even if he did, no doubt you’d be up in arms at the fact he’s financed Argyle to the top of the Chsmpionship and decided to sell up!

Your mentality is truly baffling.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-01-24

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 3:42 pm

I've always said the plan was to get PAFC up the Leagues so they are worth more when sold.

That's how his backers will get their profit.

Fine with me.


Far better than being in the hands of some dodgy regime or individual seeking "good PR"
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6344
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I've always said the plan was to get PAFC up the Leagues so they are worth more when sold.

That's how his backers will get their profit.

Fine with me.

Far better than being in the hands of some dodgy regime or individual seeking "good PR"

I thought the plan to get PAFC up the leagues was because that is the aim of every football club, isn' it? You try to get promoted and win things because that is the whole point of the exercise?

As for "backers"? You really do live in fantasy land.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




The latest financial report from the Club. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The latest financial report from the Club.   The latest financial report from the Club. Empty

Back to top Go down
 
The latest financial report from the Club.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: