+4
akagreengull
RegGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Earwegoagain
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 3:42 pm

Signs for Newport for a fee.

Good move all-round  he wasnt more than a cameo player coming off the bench for us this season didn't do alot too and imo wasnt interested in breaking into the team and wasnt likely to breakup the Jephcott and Hardie partnership with Nouble in front of him in the pecking order even more so now with the signing of Ennis either.

best of luck to him in league two

Dom Departs

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 4:09 pm

Best of luck but never really impressed with him.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 4:10 pm

Good luck to the lad.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 5:17 pm

Tbh we didn’t see to much of him to make a proper judgment judgment be it out injured or just couldn’t dislodge pairing of young jeppers & hardie ...had a bit of pace but a bit to small in my opinion for my kind of striker but none the lest good luck for the future
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 5:28 pm

Just to add hopefully the wolves kid is Telfords replacement then and not young jeppers then
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Yep good luck to him, looks like Lowe is having a good sort through the squad.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 7:23 pm

Any rumours about the fee?

When he joined, the rumour was £50,000
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 9:02 pm

I’m scratching my head a bit here. Teams are on the bones of their arse financially, and I can’t remember a January window when there have been so many lower tier clubs paying fees for players. scratch
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 10:02 pm

Only saw him play once and thought he looked quite good but injuries have obviously taken their toll .Never going to get a regular game down here now,so probably a good move for all concerned-good luck to him.
Back to top Go down

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 10:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I’m scratching my head a bit here. Teams are on the bones of their arse financially, and I can’t remember a January window when there have been so many lower tier clubs paying fees for players. scratch

to be fair its not like Telford and Static Caravan would command that much in price considering they are both out of contract and the club would want them gone and off the wage bill to free up space for new players. But your right it is unusual to see.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 2:52 am

Czarcasm wrote:

The clubs recently received the bulk of their 'Pandemic' money from the Prem/EFL. They are probably dipping into that?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 7:07 am

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The clubs recently received the bulk of their 'Pandemic' money from the Prem/EFL.  They are probably dipping into that?

Yeah I did think that but you’d think they’d prioritise essential payments with the way things are going.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 7:33 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The clubs recently received the bulk of their 'Pandemic' money from the Prem/EFL.  They are probably dipping into that?

Yeah I did think that but you’d think they’d prioritise essential payments with the way things are going.

I guess as always, there is the tug and pull between what might appear prudent, and the lure of speculate to accumulate?
Back to top Go down

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 8:33 am

He had a decent start with us but don’t think injuries helped him at all, hope it’s a good move for him and he can resurrect his career, good luck Dom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dom Telford Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dom Telford Leaves   Dom Telford Leaves Empty

Back to top Go down

Dom Telford Leaves
Page 1 of 1