harvetheslayer
Earwegoagain
Freathy
akagreengull
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 5:43 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Started on Pasoti as well over Lowe
There's no Plan B whatsoever and Mayor without question has been the most overrated player we've signed in 50 years

He's a very good player to watch but for all his skill and flair he has absolutely zero end product to all his hardwork and that is probably why he wont ever play in the championship.

assists are barely there and woeful at shooting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Freathy wrote:
Loss completely expected but score somehow kept down.  The players are all crap but a change of manager could just keep us up.  Hallett has to act soon before it's too late.

Hallet wont change anything manager wise not after investing so much into his plans for medical, youth and scouting that will fall apart once Lowe goes and Hallet will have to fork out for new everything again.

this is a real test of ryan's ability as a manager one he hasn't faced before in his short career he'll be given time to work it out again playoffs were never a realistic aim staying up is and i feel this team if the defence gets sorted out we will stay up.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 6:38 pm

A little bit of rationality amongst the emotive deluge, Lowe and Shumacher have achieved two successive automatic promotions with two different clubs, that is an impressive fact. I will stick with that, as I will that we are on a shit run clearly, and in the context that it is the first week of December and the season ends in early May.
geek elephant cheers
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 6:45 pm

akagreengull wrote:
A little bit of rationality amongst the emotive deluge, Lowe and Shumacher have achieved two successive automatic promotions with two different clubs, that is an impressive fact. I will stick with that, as I will that we are on a shit run clearly, and in the context that it is the first week of December and the season ends in early May.
geek elephant cheers

Well said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 7:01 pm

akagreengull wrote:
geek elephant cheers

yeah but what's his record like when things dont go his way in league one? thats what im more concerned about and we are going to find out the answer very soon thats more important than past achievements in a lower league to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 7:31 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
geek elephant cheers

yeah but what's his record like when things dont go his way in league one? thats what im more concerned about and we are going to find out the answer very soon thats more important than past achievements in a lower league to me.

Well we’re about to find out as he’s never managed in L1 until this season. Mayor’s sending off was the turning point, up till then we were managing the game well, such a contrast to last Tuesday’s game, yep it’s a bad run alright but no reason to shoot Lowe just yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 7:47 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
geek elephant cheers

Well we’re about to find out as he’s never managed in L1 until this season. Mayor’s sending off was the turning point, up till then we were managing the game well, such a contrast to last Tuesday’s game, yep it’s a bad run alright but no reason to shoot Lowe just yet.

well technically he has as he was temp manager when bury got relegated from league one and got the job full time afterwards and then went on to get promotion  but i dont think he could have saved them then in anycase so im not counting it. Yes we will find out what hes made off now when the going gets tough and how he responds, im not calling for his head he will have time to resolve this and he can start by learning some new tactics, developing a plan b through to z and getting the very best out of some players who are underperforming that we need to step up like Mayor, Hardie and G Cooper.

Trying to play like Liverpool by passing it out from the back works great when you have the players but we dont and its not working atm.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:50 am

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
I hope Lowe has got the hairdryer out for Mayor's lack of discipline.

The second yellow was super soft. Ref has been poor today for both teams.

but thanks mayor stupidity that cost us dear.

He was unlucky. Every player wastes seconds when they’re ahead. If you saw what happened with the first yellow he paid the price for Connor Grant walking away from taking the corner and leaving it to Danny. Then the second was an innocuous trip.

what in front of the referee and on 55th minute? i dont think so somehow maybe if that happend in the 80th you'd have a good point but no  we tried to sit on 1-0 ala del bhey adams tactics and it bit us in the arse.

Well it’s difficult to waste seconds behind the refs back. The point you’ve missed is that it was Connor Grants time wasting and subsequent walking away from taking the corner that contributed massively to Mayors yellow. There will be dozens of corners all over the country yesterday that would have taken longer to take than when Mayor actually got to the flag, and I guarantee they wouldn’t have been carded. So for that reason he was unlucky. And as for the second it is an innocuous trip.

Mayor generally had a poor game yesterday but he’s still comfortably our most important and influential player.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:16 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Mayor generally had a poor game yesterday but he’s still comfortably our most important and influential player.  

How much longer are we supposed to persist with minimal assists and no goals ??
Time for Mayor to take an extended rest. Put George Cooper into his position
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:17 am

Edited here...apologies

"How much longer are we supposed to persist with minimal assists and no goals ??
Time for Mayor to take an extended rest. Put George Cooper into his position"
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 8:06 am

akagreengull wrote:
Lost - down to 15th 4pts off drop zone, gone to shit innit?

Seems that way but , as I have said , I would rather see Argyle go through a bad patch now rather than later in the season.

Still believe Argyle won't go down this season.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 8:09 am

Freathy wrote:
Loss completely expected but score somehow kept down.  The players are all crap but a change of manager could just keep us up.  Hallett has to act soon before it's too late.

Gee, you are a right cheerful Charlie.

I have full confidence in Lowe to turn this bad patch around and guide Argyle to a mid-table finish.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 8:56 am

Agree Village.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 9:40 am

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 9:55 am

We have been VERY poor all season but been lucky with some results - when we have won it's been a case of best team lost. The last four results are a true reflection of how piss poor this team and manager are. If Lowe stays I can't see anything changing enough to avoid relegation. We won't get any points from at least three of our next four matches and then it's almost the start of the business end of the season. I wouldn't hold out much hope of new players in January either but if they're Lowe signings they'd be crap anyway. We need a new manager to improve the mental toughness of the players and drill the team into a more organised unit which is better defensively and far less easy to beat.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 9:55 am

The back room staff need a defensive coach in the mould of John Blackley. Lowe is defensively naive and clearly doesn’t know his onions in that department. Sturrock was a striker and wisely delegated defensive coaching to John. Lowe needs to find someone who fits that bill.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 9:58 am

Freathy wrote:
We have been VERY poor all season but been lucky with some results - when we have won it's been a case of best team lost.  The last four results are a true reflection of how piss poor this team and manager are. If Lowe stays I can't see anything changing enough to avoid relegation.   We won't get any points from at least three of our next four matches and then it's almost the start of the business end of the season.  I wouldn't hold out much hope of new players in January either but if they're Lowe signings they'd be crap anyway.  We need a new manager to improve the mental toughness of the players and drill the team into a more organised unit which is better defensively and far less easy to beat.

If we got a new manager you’d label him as “the shitest manager in the history of PAFC” from minute one.

Just enjoy the wallowing in failure we’re enduring at the minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:10 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

He was unlucky. Every player wastes seconds when they’re ahead. If you saw what happened with the first yellow he paid the price for Connor Grant walking away from taking the corner and leaving it to Danny. Then the second was an innocuous trip.

what in front of the referee and on 55th minute? i dont think so somehow maybe if that happend in the 80th you'd have a good point but no  we tried to sit on 1-0 ala del bhey adams tactics and it bit us in the arse.

Well it’s difficult to waste seconds behind the refs back. The point you’ve missed is that it was Connor Grants time wasting and subsequent walking away from taking the corner that contributed massively to Mayors yellow. There will be dozens of corners all over the country yesterday  that would have taken longer to take than when Mayor actually got to the flag, and I guarantee they wouldn’t have been carded. So for that reason he was unlucky. And as for the second it is an innocuous trip.

Danny carried it on after the ref gave the warning for time wasting so he isnt innocent or unfairly treated here he knew the ref was taking notes of the time wasted when he took over.
I'm sure the team were under orders to kill time on setpieces but in the 55th minute that cost us yesterday along with a sending off.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:32 am

We’ll agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 4:07 pm

Freathy wrote:
We have been VERY poor all season but been lucky with some results - when we have won it's been a case of best team lost.  The last four results are a true reflection of how piss poor this team and manager are. If Lowe stays I can't see anything changing enough to avoid relegation.   We won't get any points from at least three of our next four matches and then it's almost the start of the business end of the season.  I wouldn't hold out much hope of new players in January either but if they're Lowe signings they'd be crap anyway.  We need a new manager to improve the mental toughness of the players and drill the team into a more organised unit which is better defensively and far less easy to beat.

Total crap as per usual
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 5:56 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The back room staff need a defensive coach in the mould of John Blackley. Lowe is defensively naive and clearly doesn’t know his onions in that department. Sturrock was a striker and wisely delegated defensive coaching to John. Lowe needs to find someone who fits that bill.

I've been saying the samething. Doesnt even need to be a full time appointment it can be a one day thing just bring someone in who can coach defenders and advise ryan on defending leagues Pity John Blackley is retired.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Another coach?

Lowe, Schu, Nance, just how many do you need? One for each position?

Or are you suggesting Wotton comes back? He has coached a defence at this level, after all. LOL

It's not a coaching problem anyway. Everyone (esp other Managers) knows that Argyle don't have a decent defensive left back, Last season MacFazdean kept getting caught out of position and Cooper is a typical Lowe signing- a show pony going forward, a donkey when defending.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:05 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Another coach?

Or are you suggesting Wotton comes back? He has coached a defence at this level, after all. LOL

It's not a coaching problem anyway. Everyone (esp other Managers) knows that Argyle don't have a decent defensive left back, Last season  MacFazdean kept getting caught out of position and Cooper is a typical Lowe signing- a show pony going forward, a donkey when defending.

I didn’t say we needed ANOTHER coach. I said we need a defensive coach. Because our collective defending is shite.

If Nance has any sort of responsibilities in that dept, he should be let go.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:40 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Another coach?

It's not a coaching problem anyway. Everyone (esp other Managers) knows that Argyle don't have a decent defensive left back, Last season  MacFazdean kept getting caught out of position and Cooper is a typical Lowe signing- a show pony going forward, a donkey when defending.

i agree with you on the lwb position as cooper isn't a natural there and that needs to be addressed but the club held out for too long waiting on macfadzean to stop wasting our time and look for a natural replacement.
But as for the defensive coach idea a part time position to help out in that role needs to be explored as its very evident our defence and the team as a whole defending are lost and need help now asap. Even if we bring in new defenders except we probably won't as part of that bail out conditions from the premiership stating no league one or two clubs can spend money on transfers in january  the team cant defend at the back and that needs someone to structure it and Ryan and his backroom staff only know attacking football that's not a criticism that's a fact.
In anycase Wotton was crap as a defender much better as a midfielder Coughlan carried him those two championship winning seasons so why have him back to coach the defence for one day a week when he was incharge of coaching the defence in league one the last time around and we all remember how bad that was.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 9:50 pm

I remember many ATD posters saying at the start of the season that we will struggle in league 1 because we have kept the league 2 defence that shipped more goals than any on record, passed off as moaning and bitching by some but a fact none the less. IMO Lowe gambled in the summer signing plenty of Strikers and Midfielders and bar Opoku nothing has changed at the back. As was always going to happen a savvy manager sussed out how to negate our obvious aggression and goals when allowed to attack, attack, attack and everybody else will now follow that same plan. If we had a better defence they wouldn't be able to but this isn't something that has gone wrong in the last few games it was always going to happen. I don't think Lowe is any where near getting the boot nor should he, I'd rather have this team and Lowe than an Adams type and a boring as fook steady ship. Anybody who is pissed off because we aren't in the top three should give their head a wobble because we are about where we deserve to be, we've punched above our weight, been sussed and I expect now we will have a good result against a better team and everybody will let out a big sigh of relief. We will be alright but you'd be stupid to think we would or should win this league which has some really decent well funded teams in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Ipswich Town
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3