Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Argyle v Rochdale

Go down 
+14
VillageGreen
Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
Graiser
Angry
Old Timer
Mook
akagreengull
Freathy
Earwegoagain
RegGreen
harvetheslayer
PatDunne
Les Miserable
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mook

Mook

Posts : 314
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 9:40 pm

I don't think even Freathers would've had us lose 4 nil to this lot
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15313
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 9:41 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Fancy us tonight to make amends after 2 consecutive league defeats with a little cheeky 3-0

boy where you wrong Sad
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 9:41 pm

Skating on thin ice now Lowe, if the home form goes you'll have to go too.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15313
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 9:42 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Fancy us tonight to make amends after 2 consecutive league defeats with a little cheeky 3-0

boy where you wrong Sad

am i one of those "not a proper fan" as i got home saw it was 3-0 and wasnt interested at all in login in too watch the game from the start or indeed at all?
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2020-03-25

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 10:02 pm

Turgid, can’t pass, can’t head, couldn’t do feck all right, absolute piss poor performance, their GK could have stayed home in Rochdale and we wouldn’t have scored, crap🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6920
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 65
Location : Mutant Abbot

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 10:30 pm

So far I have been very supportive of Lowe, Shumacher and the team, but to be completely blown out of the water tactically twice in three games? Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15313
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 10:55 pm

definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different results... We know Wootton and Canavan are shit in this league and that wont change due to one season in a lower league yet Ryan kept BOTH! and not only that dropped Opoku and Aimson for them.. We should have never kept both that was poor business all round.
As for M. Cooper he is clearly talented with a bright future but he is not experienced enough yet to cope with the defensive aspect of this team being so bad and leaving him exposed much like Matt Macey couldnt cope. With those saying dropping Cooper will damage his confidence i disagree as im sure mike isnt that soft however playing him during this stint and exposing him to 4-0 defeats will do more harm than good and with the defence this bad it may need an experience head like McCormick coming in for a run and sorting them out giving mike an out before bringing him back.

Ryan if he ever wants to be this big time manager had better recognise and fast that he has to develop more than one way of playing football if his preferred route isnt working otherwise you get what happend tonight and the other games he hasnt got a plan b and its going to harm us and his career till he addresses that flaw. Its not good enough to just have your fingers in all areas of the club by having youth setup tailored to your liking aswell as the scouting and medical departments if your not doing your job right on the pitch.
I didnt think we would be in the play off hunt this season naturally as i am a realist but i did hope we would be in a healthy mid table position come May with something to build on for the following season. At the moment im seeing a relegation fight looming and with this defence its going to be painful.


Last edited by Angry on Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 9007
Join date : 2017-09-09

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 10:56 pm

akagreengull wrote:
So far I have been very supportive of Lowe, Shumacher and the team, but to be completely blown out of the water tactically twice in three games? Hmm.

About four or five games ago I was thinking it was the best I'd seen an Argyle team play in years, now the pre season doubts are starting to resurface. Lowe needs to shake things up a bit and fast.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15313
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 11:30 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
So far I have been very supportive of Lowe, Shumacher and the team, but to be completely blown out of the water tactically twice in three games? Hmm.

About four or five games ago I was thinking it was the best I'd seen an Argyle team play in years, now the pre season doubts are starting to resurface. Lowe needs to shake things up a bit and fast.

Its the same scenario we faced under Del Bhey where we looked good going forward but utter shit in defence and even under a new manager we still struggle to do the attacking work and be solid at the back. I like Ryan and i hope he has some defenders in mind in January cause we need them.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 7440
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 2:02 am

Cooper has to go.
McCormick in immediately and for the rest of the season. Without an experienced (and superior quality) keeper in situ than we'll be skirting around the relegation zone before long
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9453
Join date : 2011-10-23

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:04 am

The biggest alarm bells ringing is Opoku and Aimson being on the bench and Lowe preferring Canavan and Wooton. Wtf is going through his head to make that decision?

The defending last night was beyond comical. I found myself actually laughing out loud at some of it. Add Danny Mayor’s absence to that and we were always in for a long night.


It crossed my mind during the Fleetwood debacle but I think our Ryan is angling to get sacked. Nice pay off and then he would still get a reasonable job back up north on the back of his two promotions.

Never trust a Scouser.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Posts : 2640
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 68
Location : Britannia Bay South Africa

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:25 am

Depressing, as clueless a performance as I've seen in a long while. I just can't understand how we got to that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 5661
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:33 am

This is a mediocre L2 standard team trying to play in L1 managed by someone who only has one game plan and no backup. If we're going to survive we need someone in to replace Lowe who can at least drill this team of shite players into a unit that is not so easy to beat. A Pulis type manager.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15313
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:36 am

Freathy wrote:
This is a mediocre L2 standard team trying to play in L1 managed by someone who only has one game plan and no backup.  If we're going to survive we need someone in to replace Lowe who can at least drill this team of shite players into a unit that is not so easy to beat.  A Pulis type manager.

hopefully sunderland are stupid enough to pay for him and his coaching staff... Just dont let him snap up Jephcott or M Cooper without the serious money offered.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 10:20 am

Czarcasm wrote:
The biggest alarm bells ringing is Opoku and Aimson being on the bench and Lowe preferring Canavan and Wooton. Wtf is going through his head to make that decision?

The defending last night was beyond comical. I found myself actually laughing out loud at some of it. Add Danny Mayor’s absence to that and we were always in for a long night.


It crossed my mind during the Fleetwood debacle but I think our Ryan is angling to get sacked. Nice pay off and then he would still get a reasonable job back up north on the back of his two promotions.

Never trust a Scouser.  

The 2 highlighted parts ... 1 million %
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4980
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 56
Location : Plymouth

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 10:23 am

Terrible result, enough said.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2609
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 60

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 am

Stout hearts fellas, we regroup and go again on sat. In Lowe we trust.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Posts : 314
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 11:25 am

Aye he needs to come up with a plan b and recognise it can't just be the players at fault for shipping 9 goals in 2 games.

Get a defensive coach in to help him out, there's no weakness in asking for a hand and to learn from.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12652
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Utter shite, the match that is.

_______________________________________
Vote shit, get banged.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 12:57 pm

Pray spare us the 'highlights' Ivor.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 5661
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 1:29 pm

Hallett has got to put a short time limit on these appalling performances and results before he presses the fire button. The business end of the season will be here in no time and then it will be too late and back to brent's basement we will go.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1626
Join date : 2012-01-24

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 1:53 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
So far I have been very supportive of Lowe, Shumacher and the team, but to be completely blown out of the water tactically twice in three games? Hmm.

About four or five games ago I was thinking it was the best I'd seen an Argyle team play in years, now the pre season doubts are starting to resurface. Lowe needs to shake things up a bit and fast.

Its the same scenario we faced under Del Bhey where we looked good going forward but utter shit in defence and even under a new manager we still struggle to do the attacking work and be solid at the back. I like Ryan and i hope he has some defenders in mind in January cause we need them.

But Lowe has already signed 2 keepers, 3 CB's and three wing backs! What makes you think any future signings will be any better? And will we be lumbered with what's already here?

When he joined, I did question Lowe's tactical nous as he doesn't seem to have a Plan B. I think Managing at this level has caught him out.

He is the lower League Kevin Keegan, lots of talk, but thinks tactics is a box of mints.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 4487
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 2:02 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Fancy us tonight to make amends after 2 consecutive league defeats with a little cheeky 3-0

boy where you wrong Sad
wasn’t I just ..I was going on there form and tbf there not a good side should have been a comfortable 3points
Shocking defending defending from Cooper wooden wooton & static caravan if LMC is fit needs to be brought in for the big game against Ipswich lose that and that would be 4 league games on the bounce
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6447
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 6:28 pm

Jesus H Christ...

The first rough patch Lowe has gone through and half of ATD suddenly wants him fired.

Get a grip.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Rickler wrote:
Jesus  H Christ...

The first rough patch Lowe has gone through and half of ATD suddenly wants him fired.

Get a grip.

Agreed. Hands up, I was a touch 'knee jerk' last night ... shell shock Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Rochdale    Argyle v Rochdale  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Argyle v Rochdale
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: