akagreengull
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Bad loss today!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 8:06 pm

Posh away on Tuesday. Another nailed on heavy defeat.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 8:24 pm

What a shite afternoon, EFL hub was shite, internet was shite, all I saw was a few minutes of the Villa Divers Society.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 8:42 pm

seadog wrote:
What a shite afternoon, EFL hub was shite, internet was shite, all I saw was a few minutes of the Villa Divers Society.

I used to be a member of the Diving Society!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 9:22 pm

Was it the Muff Diving Society?

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 9:33 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Was it the Muff Diving Society?

That’s the one!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 10:16 pm

If I have to split this thread I will!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Are we being naughty? Shocked

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Nah just off downtown for a munch now!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 11:40 pm

Lucky you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 5:33 am

We need a proper keeper at the earliest opportunity.
Theres little confidence in Cooper behind that defence. If that means Luke than so be it
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 7:03 am

Cracking finish from Jeppers though.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 8:38 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Theres little confidence in Cooper behind that defence. If that means Luke than so be it
Ruddy is second keeper Harve.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 8:38 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

The only possible blame that Cooper could take for that debacle was for the second goal.It isn't a question of "confidence" for people to be giving the ball away in dangerous midfield areas,atrocious set piece marking or making shite clearances [which also happened for the second goal against Pompey],it's a question of getting the basics right all over the pitch.You can scapegoat the easy option as much as you want but until those issues are addressed then nothing will be resolved as far as Argyle's dodgy goals against record is concerned.In all truth i would rather have seen the return of Palmer or an experienced keeper in his prime signed in pre season but Lowe made the decision to go with Cooper and although my personal jury is out on him in the longer term,he hasn't done that badly so far. Every goalkeeper in my experience at Argyle from McClaren to McCormick have made mistakes over a season and Cooper will do the same but that shouldn't exonerate people in other areas of the pitch from their errors as well-the defending was rubbish yesterday and needs to improve pronto or matters will soon start to unravel, inexperienced keeper or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 am

everyone who played in that game with the exception of mccormick and G Cooper should be in training right now after the way they played and the manner of the result no individual spared or blamed more so its a team game and it took a collective effort to produce that shower yesterday.
captain pugwash tune probably never been played that much in one afternoon thanks to the errors of our team.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 11:06 am

akagreengull wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Lost me. I thought Luke had been on the bench lately.
People are afraid to say Coopers not up to it, it appears to me (not you GG) but he simply isn't.
Posters saying he made 2 excellent saves doesn't absolve the fact he let 5 in. I remember many after that 4 goal fiasco at Wimbledon saying he wasn't up to it. He wasn't and simply isn't sadly

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 11:10 am

Men against boys then. That is one hell of a hammering.

Oh well, on to the next one.
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:41 pm

I think the only thing that got pounded worse than us yesterday was Freathy's special sock when he saw the score.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:56 pm

TJOA wrote:
I think the only thing that got pounded worse than us yesterday was Freathy's special sock when he saw the score.

Dare say he will predict another high score Vs Posh.

Found this, which gives a complete breakdown of meets between the two sides.

I have already gone 2-1 to Argyle.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 3:16 pm

Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

The only possible blame that Cooper could take for that debacle was for the second goal.It isn't a question of "confidence" for people to be giving the ball away in dangerous midfield areas,atrocious set piece marking or making shite clearances [which also happened for the second goal against Pompey],it's a question of getting the basics right all over the pitch.You can scapegoat the easy option as much as you want but until those issues are addressed then nothing will be resolved as far as Argyle's dodgy goals against record is concerned.In all truth i would rather have seen the return of Palmer or an experienced keeper in his prime signed in pre season but Lowe made the decision to go with Cooper and although my personal jury is out on him in the longer term,he hasn't done that badly so far. Every goalkeeper in my experience at Argyle from McClaren to McCormick have made mistakes over a season and Cooper will do the same but that shouldn't exonerate people in other areas of the pitch from their errors as well-the defending was rubbish yesterday and needs to improve pronto or matters will soon start to unravel, inexperienced keeper or not.

This.

Cooper will make Argyle a lot of money one day.

As for yesterday, one to forget. Poor in midfield and at the back, we just got bullied all over the pitch, and not one player stood up to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 4:40 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

This.

Cooper will make Argyle a lot of money one day.

As for yesterday, one to forget. Poor in midfield and at the back, we just got bullied all over the pitch, and not one player stood up to it.

he will along with Jephcott which is why i hope the club have them under contract beyond next season so we can cash in on them if they continue to impress.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 4:54 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Lost me. I thought Luke had been on the bench lately.
People are afraid to say Coopers not up to it, it appears to me (not you GG) but he simply isn't.
Posters saying he made 2 excellent saves doesn't absolve the fact he let 5 in. I remember many after that 4 goal fiasco at Wimbledon saying he wasn't up to it. He wasn't and simply isn't sadly

No mention of the 10 games or whatever in between Wimbledon and Fleetwood then.It isn't a question of being afraid to say that someone isn't up to it-there's been plenty of players,managers and directors in the past who have been the subject of some severe criticism from myself and other posters on this site and no doubt that will be the case in future.The truth about Cooper though is,as i said earlier,that the jury is still out and that may be the situation for a while longer yet-he may be another James Dungey, he may be another Luke McCormick,who knows. Point is though that it takes a particular brand of tunnel vision not to be able to see the shoddy lack of basic control and defending that left the guy exposed yesterday-it was a team shambles and should be attributed as such rather than scapegoating the easy target.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 5:20 pm

I for one trusts Lowes judgement on making Cooper no 1, I think he has done ok this season, for me Ryan got completely outsmarted by Joey Barton yesterday tactically, alongside a team that has on the whole defended well at times and played some excellent open attacking football, but yesterday put in a totally sloppy performance, the two factors were interlinked hence the Argo team yesterday got slaughtered. geek
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 6:04 pm

And there are 10 other players in front of Cooper who need to stop the ball getting anywhere near the goal.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm

I'll take Neil Dewsnip's opinion of Cooper above Harve's (and others), in that he is one of the brightest prospects he has seen in football in a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fleetwood Town 15:00 Plymouth Argyle
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next