Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 The Shit Goal Keeper Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6012
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Last season we had a very good goal keeper in Palmer, now we have three shit goal keepers, why is that? Macey helped the club get relegated the last time, allong with a couple of other clowns, is it just history repeating itself?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6754
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 64
Location : Mutant Abbot

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Not sure about three shit keepers Suffers, Cooper clearly has potential, and I trust Lowe's judgement on his abilities as first choice, Ruddy is clearly rusty, so not great if Cooper is injured and why they brought a 37 yr old (hasbeen) back forĀ  a third time I don't get.
It is easy to assume Palmer wanted to come back, if i was him i would have wanted a fresh challenge to add to his CV after such a successful season with Argo.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6012
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 6:18 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Not sure about three shit keepers Suffers, Cooper clearly has potential, and I trust Lowe's judgement on his abilities as first choice, Ruddy is clearly rusty, so not great if Cooper is injured and why they brought a 37 yr old (hasbeen) back forĀ  a third time I don't get.
It is easy to assume Palmer wanted to come back, if i was him i would have wanted a fresh challenge to add to his CV after such a successful season with Argo.
Can anybody understand the thinking behind the goal keeping situation? we had a good stable keeper in Palmer, now we stepped back to a dark period to bring back Mccormick, who beside everything else is past it, and two untried keepers who will keep getting found out in this league or is staying up not the main priority here and is it all about costs?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6754
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 64
Location : Mutant Abbot

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Maybe about costs, but I trust the coaching at management in the lowe era at the moment, Shumacher made it very clear after Ruddy's one performance that there was a lot of work to do.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6012
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 6:33 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Maybe about costs, but I trust the coaching at management in the lowe era at the moment, Shumacher made it very clear after Ruddy's one performance that there was a lot of work to do.
What argo need as a newly promoted team, is someone who is ready to go now i would have thought, they have already blown a home tie with spurs in part to poor keeping.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 6:38 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Last season we had a very good goal keeper in Palmer, now we have three shit goal keepers, why is that? Macey helped the club get relegated the last time, allong with a couple of other clowns, is it just history repeating itself?

looks that way. but in macey's case not even allison could have kept out the majority of those 80 goals we leaked in league one last time with that defence, but yes he certainly played more than his part in them so don't get me wrong.

Cooper i feel will be a good keeper in a few years time but at the moment hes not ready and we as a club shouldnt be throwing him out to the lions like they have done much like they did with macey and planned to do with that other keeper that was here first but never played as he broke his ankle buygone i think he was called.

Ruddy is here to make up numbers so fair enough im not going to rate him as ive only seen him once if he was in goalfor the norwich game and im still baffled why we brought back McCormick at his stage of his career and not to be a backup/youth coach too cooper and another decent keeper if not Palmer.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-24

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 7:57 pm

Why is Ruddy (or Luke for that matter) here if they're not up to playing in the first team?

Can't be that difficult to get a useful back up keeper for the third Division

Or was the decision to go with an untried youngster and bargain basement back up a management decision based on costs?

The fact that Ruddy as another ex team mate of the manager does raise the question of "jobs for the boys" which certainly backfired with the fiasco over the left back resulting in panic buying
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Why is Ruddy (or Luke for that matter) here if they're not up to playing in the first team?

Can't be that difficult to get a useful back up keeper for the third Division

Or was the decision to go with an untried youngster and bargain basement back up a management decision based on costs?

The fact that Ruddy as another ex team mate of the manager does raise the question of "jobs for the boys" which certainly backfired with the fiasco over the left back resulting in panic buying

cause he was signed because luke is injured and we have no other keeper on the books barr yts ones. But you knew that already.
Back to top Go down
Jim and Wilson

Jim and Wilson

Posts : 38
Join date : 2020-08-06

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 6:14 am

Wasn’t he MoM against Blackpool and did very well vs QPR?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8497
Join date : 2017-09-09

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 9:37 am

I had him marked as MOM against Blackpool but since then he is seen in the wrong positions and some questionable passes when playing out from the back. Luke may be slower but he would command his area better and direct the defence more, skills he should be passing on to Cooper. I think a couple of games watching Luke play from the sidelines would do Cooper the world of good.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-24

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Two senior keepers is not enough when one is on bench duty on match days. A third was needed before the Luke injury. He was only ever going to be the bench warmer

If Ruddy is not good enough, why was he signed? His being an ex team mate of the Manager inevitably raises the question of jobs for mates. Lot's of talk about the scouting system, but a high percentage of signings seem to have previous connections with RL.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 887
Join date : 2020-03-25

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 4:20 pm

I don’t get this obsession with Argyle losing out on Palmer, we didn’t lose out because he was never coming back with us, never.
Lowe rates Cooper and that’s what counts, my chief concern with Cooper is his lack of dominance in the air, he punches too often for me, if your going to punch, punch it away with some force, his weak punching led to a goal on Tuesday and again yesterday, I really hope he comes good but it maybe his lack of dominance is affecting those around him.
Let’s hope Rhys Wilmot sees the weaknesses and can work on him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8497
Join date : 2017-09-09

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Why didn't Palmer want to come back after a very successful season especially as he signed for a league 2 side? I'd love to know why? Maybe he didn't fancy another season behind our defence?
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 887
Join date : 2020-03-25

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 6:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Why didn't Palmer want to come back after a very successful season especially as he signed for a league 2 side? I'd love to know why? Maybe he didn't fancy another season behind our defence?

Nothing to do with him or Argyle, it’s what WBA wanted
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6754
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 64
Location : Mutant Abbot

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 6:17 pm

Palmer was good, best loan keeper for a while, but time to move on - he ain't coming back.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 7:17 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Why didn't Palmer want to come back after a very successful season especially as he signed for a league 2 side? I'd love to know why? Maybe he didn't fancy another season behind our defence?

Nothing to do with him or Argyle, it’s what WBA wanted

i can get wba not wanting him to come back here for whatever reason if that where the case but i dont believe for a moment they would have wanted him playing league 2 again with Lincoln when he could have been playing league 1 even if that wasn't here. I gather there wasnt that many offers on the table where he would have teh number games WBA wanted him to be guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 887
Join date : 2020-03-25

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 7:20 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Why didn't Palmer want to come back after a very successful season especially as he signed for a league 2 side? I'd love to know why? Maybe he didn't fancy another season behind our defence?

Nothing to do with him or Argyle, it’s what WBA wanted

i can get wba not wanting him to come back here for whatever reason if that where the case but i dont believe for a moment they would have wanted him playing league 2 again when he could have been playing league 1 even if that wasnt here. I gather there wasnt that many offers.

He is playing in L1
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Why didn't Palmer want to come back after a very successful season especially as he signed for a league 2 side? I'd love to know why? Maybe he didn't fancy another season behind our defence?

Nothing to do with him or Argyle, it’s what WBA wanted

i can get wba not wanting him to come back here for whatever reason if that where the case but i dont believe for a moment they would have wanted him playing league 2 again when he could have been playing league 1 even if that wasnt here. I gather there wasnt that many offers.

He is playing in L1

so he is dont know where i got the idea lincoln where in league 2 from lol.. but the last part remains the same though in my post i edited before i saw your reply. For the benefit of the doubt wba clearly wanted him to have a guaranteed amount of games ie undisputed number 1 and with copper he wasnt going to get that here as im sure ryan stated he would be used more in the league before the end of the last one.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali



Posts : 7322
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 44
Location : Plymouth

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 10:55 am

I think WBA are keen to establish a link with Lincoln as its not too far from them, and Lincoln's Manager, Michael Appleton, is an ex-WBA player and coach. Another WBA player, Callum Morton, also went to Lincoln on loan on the same day as Palmer, who Northampton were very keen on re-signing on loan.

I didn't understand the McCormick resigning, other than he lives in North Devon and would be cheap. But at 37 is he going to keep getting injuries (with slower recovery)? Ruddy is another cheap signing on a short deal, but doesn't look good enough.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 7098
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 11:48 am

Maybe just maybe Palmer simply didnt want to come back to Plymouth. Nice area for sure but we have a very special kind of stupid down here that just grates
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8497
Join date : 2017-09-09

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 3:59 pm

I think Chem has the reason, first I've heard of it but it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6754
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 64
Location : Mutant Abbot

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Palmer is having a busy game tonight, against the Liverpool attack, Pool 4 nil up after 36mins, although doesn't sound like Palmer could do much against the vastly superior opposition.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:06 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Palmer is having a busy game tonight, against the Liverpool attack, Pool 4 nil up after 36mins, although doesn't sound like Palmer could do much against the vastly superior opposition.

like bringing a bucket and spade to a artillery battle Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6754
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 64
Location : Mutant Abbot

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:26 pm

2 - 6 at the moment, sounds like Palmer has done fairly well despite the score.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:34 pm

akagreengull wrote:
2 - 6 at the moment, sounds like Palmer has done fairly well despite the score.

2-7 now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shit Goal Keeper Thread   The Shit Goal Keeper Thread Empty

Back to top Go down
 
The Shit Goal Keeper Thread
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: