Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read. Empty
PostSubject: URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.   URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Mods could you sticky this please.

The Trust has been made aware of a possible scam. We've received calls from some fans asking whether we were phoning people and asking them to join the Trust. The person on the phone has asked for bank details. The telephone no. originates from Huddersfield and the police think it is some sort of telemarketing no. or scam. This number has also been reported to the police by Chelsea fans.

The Trust will never ask for your bank details over the phone. If any Argyle fan has given their details out and lost money they are requested to contact the police. They are powerless until a crime has been committed. The police have advised any fan who receives one of these calls to report it to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Richard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.   URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Done.

And highlighted.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.   URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 pm

fing scum bags. just start up your own business and see the fake dodgy calls flood in. TOSSERS
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.   URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read. EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:02 pm

It would appear that The Foundation have been using a call centre in Huddersfield to call season ticket holders and try to get them to join the Foundation. I think this shows that cold calling unsuspecting fans is not a very good idea. People do not like cold callers to start with and unless the caller is crystal clear about who they are, it is very easy for people who probably aren't listening properly to start with, to mistakenly think the caller is from another body altogether. Several fans are convinced that the caller mentioned the Trust. I urge all fans to double check who they are speaking to and personally I would never give out personal details,especially of a financial nature to anyone on the end of the phone.

I will be double checking this tomorrow at the club because a couple of fans are not happy with this.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.   URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Bound to be a scouser behind it lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.   URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Have they had any luck getting money from Brent?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.   URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Now,now!

Mods now we've worked out what's going on,this can be unstickied if you wish.

Cheers

Richard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.   URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read. Empty

Back to top Go down

URGENT! WARNING FOR ALL FANS - Please read.
Page 1 of 1