Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+23
Freathy
Hugh Midde
VillageGreen
Rickler
PlymptonPilgrim
Greenskin
zyph
Tgwu
Elias
Greenlander
Jim and Wilson
SimonMann52
Tringreen
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
PatDunne
Czarcasm
Dog Bone Malone
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
seadog
PAFCJosh
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 7:46 am

If it wasnt so true it would be comedy gold
Mind boggling....where the feck is Gove by the way he's disappeared completely

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 10:56 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Using an old picture to perpetuate an old myth. What a load of shite.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:35 pm

This is why we should boycott French food and Holidays. Hit them in the pocket.

The latest issue of the French satirical magazine shows a front page headline that says

"Why Meghan left Buckingham", with her replying "because I couldn't breathe anymore" when translated into English. In a shocking recreation of George Floyd's death in the US last year.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:21 pm

Whole point of Brexit!

BBC Today programme host Martha Kearney slammed Ireland's Foreign Affairs Minister Simon Coveney for missing the "whole point of Brexit" in a row over trade with the US

Mr Coveney was shut down by the BBC Today Programme host after the Irish Foreign Minister attacked the UK for seeking to forge a new trade relationship with the US. The UK is pressing ahead with the goal of securing a free-trade agreement with President Joe Biden to bolster its post-Brexit ambitions for Global Britain. This morning Ms Kearney confronted the Irish minister directly on his opposition to a trans-Atlantic deal and accused the Foreign Minister of missing the "whole point of Brexit."

Pressed on Britain's desire to reach a trade agreement with the US, Mr Coveney insisted on the need for a multilateral deal that did not leave out the EU and Ireland.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 11:11 pm

More problems for the bullies of the eu...

'Brussels is currently embroiled in a bitter internal row over its botched handling of the coronavirus pandemic. Member states are struggling to get vaccinations, and in some cases nations such as the Czech Republic and Hungary have begged other countries for jabs. The EU opted to rollout the vaccine as a united bloc, but difficulties with supply and a slow move to give the green-light to some vaccines has caused deep divisions in Brussels.

It has sparked a rise in eurosceptic anger across the EU, which has only grown louder as nations look over at the UK's successful handling of its vaccine programme.

Figures earlier this month showed that the UK was vaccinating at a rate of around 31.2 people per 100 citizens, with the EU lagging way behind

This pales into comparison with the EU, with 7.6 jabs administered per 100 people.

With anti-EU rhetoric building strength, leaders will be hoping to make their claims on the Union in upcoming elections, including over in the Netherlands, which heads to the polls next week.

Mark Rutte's People's Party for Freedom and Democracy currently holds a seven point lead over Geert Wilders' Party for Freedom in a poll of 4,500 by Peil.nl.

Mr Wilders is a staunch opponent of Brussels, and declared in the immediate aftermath of the UK's decision to press ahead with Brexit that the Netherlands should follow the British lead.

He said that the British "liberation from the European Union is a huge leap", adding: "Now it is our turn."

The politician also celebrated the Leave campaign's victory, writing on his personal website in 2016: "We want be in charge of our own country, our own money, our own borders, and our own immigration policy.'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 7:42 am

POI wrote:
US giant announces huge offshore wind plant - 3,000 jobs being created on Teesside and a US giant choosing the North East over France because of its recently-announced Freeport status! Bloody Brexit!

Meanwhile good news for Ford workers at Dagenham...

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 8:42 am

Jesus F Christ.....mind boggling and pure utter evil.....are some starting to wake up on ATD ??

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 10:02 am

As long as Europeans can carry on buying Apple products made by children and cobalt mined by Congolese children I don't suppose the EU will complain.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 9:53 am

Has an interesting conversation with two Remainer friends of mine yesterday. They were gloating because they have just recieved their Greek and Irish passports and claimed they would be able to travel to Europe whilst I couldn't. Conversation went as follows,
Lol you won't be able to go to Europe now.
Erm, yes I will.
No you'll need a visa.
Erm, yes I'll get it down the post office.
But you won't be able to drive there without an international driving licence.
I've had one for years.
But you won't be able to get free health care on your E101.
But I've got full healthcare insurance tacked onto my EU wide vehicle recovery policy which costs about £60/pa for me and the missus which we always had even when we were in the EU so that if the worst happened us and the vehicle will be bought home dead or alive.

It amazes me the level of disinformation still circulating from project fear. My Greek mate battled for years to get a UK passport yet he's swapping it for a Greek one again but the wierd thing is he lives here and hasn't even visited Greece for about twenty years.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 10:00 am

I am very happy with my nice new dark blue British passport. They can stick their’s where the sun doesn’t shine!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 10:33 am

I let my passport expire. Neutral I'm 86 in two months time. I'm in no hurry to renew it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 10:41 am

I know of loads of Motorhomers that are boycotting France because they are fed up with price hikes on Aires and campsites plus the cost of living has been steadily climbing for years, most I know are planning on going to Spain and Portugal now which are much more welcoming anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:43 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I know of loads of Motorhomers that are boycotting France because they are fed up with price hikes on Aires and campsites plus the cost of living has been steadily climbing for years, most I know are planning on going to Spain and Portugal now which are much more welcoming anyway.

Paid my first visit to Portugal's Algarve two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Also, I found the Portuguese people heaps more likeable than the Spanish. As I've said before, I no longer buy Spanish produce from my local Asda and I certainly won't be visiting Spain while the Spanish Navy sail through Gibraltar's waters. Feck 'em.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:48 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Paid my first visit to Portugal's Algarve two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Also, I found the Portuguese people heaps more likeable than the Spanish. As I've said before, I no longer buy Spanish produce from my local Asda and I certainly won't be visiting Spain while the Spanish Navy sail through Gibraltar's waters. Feck 'em.

Spent many months in Portugal really like the people very laid back and love to party.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 10:18 am

Tgwu wrote:
'Everything has stayed in EU!' Brussels gloats after stopping AstraZeneca jabs going to UK

THE European Commission has boasted about its vaccine export controls after it confirmed a vaccine plant in the Netherlands was no longer sending AstraZeneca jabs to Brexit Britain.

I sit here totally flummoxed when our ministers insist on using the terminology, "our friends in the EU" when they are a shower of jumped-up, third-rate, vindictive gobshites.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 11:47 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Spent many months in Portugal really like the people very laid back and love to party.

As an aside if I was going to book a weekend break in Europe it would be either Seville, best tapas in Spain and a beautiful city, does get hot as fook in the summer though and my favourite Coimbra in Portugal, not far from Lisbon a university city with great food and nightlife.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 4:03 pm

[quote="Earwegoagain"]
harvetheslayer wrote:

Using an old picture to perpetuate an old myth. What a load of shite.

And not the first time either.....

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 10:50 pm

Just shows that the bbc is anti British and pro eu!

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 8:30 am

A breakthrough has been made in the export of Cornwall’s fish and shellfish to the major market in France following a Brexit crisis.

Following a meeting on Wednesday (March 24) between Cornwall Council leader Julian German and Loïg Chesnais-Girard, president of the regional council of Brittany, it has been agreed that Brittany Ferries will regularly travel to Cornwall to take stocks of fish, crabs, lobster, oysters and other Cornish produce to Roscoff.

There has also been a suggestion that it could lead to a passenger link between Cornwall and Roscoff too.

Brittany is a major importer of Cornish seafood – as well as being hugely popular in Breton restaurants, fish and shellfish is transported by wholesalers in Brittany to other parts of France.

Following a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Cornwall Council and Brittany Council on Wednesday, officers from both authorities will now work together on the logistics of the export plan – the EU policy side of which will largely be handled by Brittany. The export of Cornish goods could start as early as next month.

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 8:42 am

Tgwu wrote:
A breakthrough has been made in the export of Cornwall’s fish and shellfish to the major market in France following a Brexit crisis.

Following a meeting on Wednesday (March 24) between Cornwall Council leader Julian German and Loïg Chesnais-Girard, president of the regional council of Brittany, it has been agreed that Brittany Ferries will regularly travel to Cornwall to take stocks of fish, crabs, lobster, oysters and other Cornish produce to Roscoff.

There has also been a suggestion that it could lead to a passenger link between Cornwall and Roscoff too.

Brittany is a major importer of Cornish seafood – as well as being hugely popular in Breton restaurants, fish and shellfish is transported by wholesalers in Brittany to other parts of France.

Following a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Cornwall Council and Brittany Council on Wednesday, officers from both authorities will now work together on the logistics of the export plan – the EU policy side of which will largely be handled by Brittany. The export of Cornish goods could start as early as next month.

A freight ferry into Looe. Who writes this shit ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 8:44 am

Turns out the French want our fish and are pissed off at Macrons mob making it difficult to obtain so they are taking matters into their own hands ''vive le peuple''
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 10:45 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Not sure if you'd get a ferry into Newlyn either? Falmouth would be the only channel port down here other than Plymouth that could accomadate it I would have thought?
One in the eye for the project fear merchants yet again. I've said all along that this would happen as its easy to say block all our exports but the remainers were always ignoring the fact that our exports create a load of wealth for the importers and processors on the continent who have had ther businesses closed as result of the "teething troubles".
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 10:47 am

That's what I like about the French joe public.

If their government are piss-balling about, they take things into their own hands and get it done.

Macron really is a wanker of epic proportions.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 10:49 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Not sure if you'd get a ferry into Newlyn either? Falmouth would be the only channel port down here other than Plymouth that could accomadate it I would have thought?
One in the eye for the project fear merchants yet again. I've said all along that this would happen as its easy to say block all our exports but the remainers were always ignoring the fact that our exports create a load of wealth for the importers and processors on the continent who have had ther businesses closed as result of the "teething troubles".

Plenty of local hauliers would be happy to take on contracts to collect fish and shellfish from Cornish ports and transport it up to Muffsville for export to France.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 11:33 am

No link spans in Falmouth either as far as I am aware, lorry to Muff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next