Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
Chemical Ali
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Jarvis Cleal signing his professional contract is now confirmed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 8:39 pm

UPDATE

GoalKeepers
Michael Cooper

Defenders
Will Aimson
Ollie Tomlinson
Gary Sawyer
Ryan Law
Niall Canavan
Scott Wootton
Jarvis Cleal

Midfielders
Joe Edwards
Danny Mayor
Adam Randell
Conor Grant

Strikers
Byron Moore
Dom Telford
Rubin Wilson
Klaidi Lolos
Luke Jephcott

Contracts been offered to
Callum McFadzean - I think its safe to say he's gone as the deadline has passed twice

Contracts not accepted
Antoni Sarcevic

Released players

Joel Grant
Ryan Taylor
Alex Fletcher
Michael Peck
Tom Purrington

Apprentices released

Isaac Burdon
Jude Boyd
Reuben Collum
Harry Townsend

Pre Season games
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 4:59 pm

So looking like we will be after 2 keepers, 3 Fullbacks (or 2 x FB with Moore moving back and another CF coming in) and at least 1 midfielder to take the squad to 23-seven of whom can best be described as inexperienced.

The matchday squad will certainly have a few youngsters in it.

Anyone know if Aimson is fully fit yet?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm

Matty Taylor ex Bristol Rovers and City is available on a freebie.

Might be a good signing, a 1:3 CF who knows his way around the lower Leagues. Could help bring on Jephcott as well

Probably not on Argyle's radar though as I don't think he's ever played in the same team as RL

Last edited by Grovehill on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 5:12 pm

Grovehill wrote:
So looking like we will be after 2 keepers, 3 Fullbacks (or 2 x FB with Moore moving back and another CF coming in) and at least 1 midfielder to take the squad to 23-seven of whom can best be described as inexperienced.

Except that the EFL is considering the introduction of maximum 20-man squads.

If approved, it would mean only 20 senior professionals at each club, with eight homegrown players - those produced from the club’s academy system - within that group.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 5:12 pm

Grovehill wrote:

i imagine 4-5 will come in 6 absolute max with a couple of the signings being loanees. i dont see all of the 1st year pros remaining at the club all season 1 or 2 will be loaned out for periods of times to aide their development playing first team football regularly.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 5:16 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Except that the EFL is considering the introduction of maximum 20-man squads.

If approved, it would mean only 20 senior professionals at each club, with eight homegrown players - those produced from the club’s academy system - within that group.

I thought the proposed limit was a salary cap rather than strictly numbers based? 20 is pretty tight, a few injuries and a couple of suspensions and the bench would be half empty.A lot of Clubs would struggle with the 8 home grown players rule-perhaps that explains why Sawyer was offered a new contract LOL
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 5:20 pm

It's both.  Although I believe they are yet to be voted on?  

The EFL are insane.  Nobody is going to pay top dollar to watch 'youth football'.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 5:23 pm

Rickler wrote:
It's both.  Although I believe they are yet to be voted on?  

The EFL are insane.  Nobody is going to pay top dollar to watch 'youth football'.

20 man wont work in the real world as thats going by the theory that no club is going to have suspensions, loss of form or injuries all season. EFL need a rethink here if that is there proposal.

That is of course young players under a certain age ie under 21 dont count towards squad totals and that case it might work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Callum still hasnt made up his mind!!!

I personally think the club should withdraw the offer now as hes taking the piss. The club have given him a month almost extra time and if he cant make his mind up one way or another in that time on top of the time leading up to his expiring date than the club cant do anymore to help him, sad but true.. Its very clear to me that he isn't going to sign it as he would have done it by now so the club have to save face and withdraw the offer and wish him well.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 10:54 pm

Angry wrote:

I personally think the club should withdraw the offer now as hes taking the piss. The club have given him a month almost extra time and if he cant make his mind up one way or another in that time on top of the time leading up to his expiring date than the club cant do anymore to help him, sad but true.. Its very clear to me that he isn't going to sign it as he would have done it by now so the club have to save face and withdraw the offer and wish him well.

There's probably a reason why the club have given him extra time, they wouldn't do it just for the hell of it, it would set a bad precedent? Maybe a family member is ill and he is awaiting the outcome of decisions other people are making?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 11:43 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

There's probably a reason why the club have given him extra time, they wouldn't do it just for the hell of it, it would set a bad precedent?  Maybe a family member is ill and he is awaiting the outcome of decisions other people are making?  

I am leaded to believe its due to him and his partner having a child recently which understandable to give him a few weeks extra time to mull over the clubs offer but there has to be a line drawn where the club need his answer pretty soonish as in my eyes this looks like his agent talking to over clubs to see if he can get him a better deal and if not then giving him the green light to sign.

Not the first time that has happend.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 4:53 am

Lowe himself mentioned the child issue at that fans forum though what that has to do with absolutely anything christ knows.
1000s each week have children many doubtless away from their home manor. Sod all to do with sprogs and entirely down to cash
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 8:09 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Lowe himself mentioned the child issue at that fans forum though what that has to do with absolutely anything christ knows.
1000s each week have children many doubtless away from their home manor. Sod all to do with sprogs and entirely down to cash

I agree he trying to get a better deal, Bolton and Salford are snapping up players, throw in Mansfield who are throwing money to build a team for the new season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 8:52 am

If Maccy F signs for Mansfield alarm bells should be ringing.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 10:43 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

It wouldn't be a surprise at all. Can't recall his name but I think the Bristol Rovers captain has just turned down a new deal at Rovers to sign for Mansfield. They're spending like it's going out of fashion.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 1:18 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

It wouldn't be a surprise at all. Can't recall his name but I think the Bristol Rovers captain has just turned down a new deal at Rovers to sign for Mansfield. They're spending like it's going out of fashion.

I thought they were a league 2 finacial basket case. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 2:02 pm

Mansfield. We are delighted to announce the signing of versatile right-sided player Kellan Gordon from Championship side Derby County on a two-year deal.

Mansfield Town is delighted to announce the signing of former Luton Town goalkeeper Marek Štěch on a two-year contract.

Mansfield Town is delighted to announce the signing of former Bristol Rovers captain Ollie Clarke on a two-year contract.

Mansfield Town have won the race to sign 25-year-old striker Jamie Reid on a two-year contract.

Mansfield Town is delighted to announce the signing of experienced striker Jordan Bowery from MK Dons, after the two clubs agreed terms for the transfer of the 28-year-old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Mansfield. We are delighted to announce the signing of versatile right-sided player Kellan Gordon from Championship side Derby County on a two-year deal.

Mansfield Town is delighted to announce the signing of former Luton Town goalkeeper Marek Štěch on a two-year contract.

Mansfield Town is delighted to announce the signing of former Bristol Rovers captain Ollie Clarke on a two-year contract.

Mansfield Town have won the race to sign 25-year-old striker Jamie Reid on a two-year contract.

Mansfield Town is delighted to announce the signing of experienced striker Jordan Bowery from MK Dons, after the two clubs agreed terms for the transfer of the 28-year-old.

They are want promotion its very clear to see. I hope they manage to get next season otherwise they are screwed with those wages in league 2.

Sarcevic is poised to sign for Bolton which is nice for them i guess league 2 is his level after all.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 5:29 pm

We signed anybody yet ?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

They are want promotion its very clear to see. I hope they manage to get next season otherwise they are screwed with those wages in league 2.

Sarcevic is poised to sign for Bolton which is nice for them i guess league 2 is his level after all.

Be interesting to see how that all plays out if a wage budget cap is introduced (as is speculated, will be voted in)?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 5:37 pm

What’s happening about the goalkeeper situation
That’s gotta be addressed urgently any decent keepers out there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 6:08 pm

positive ryan has a goalkeeper marked as an area to strengthen along with a defender with pace, a wing back - 2 when mcfadzean decides to tell the club he's off, a midfielder to replace antoni plus another midfielder and a striker.

im hoping we get a goalkeeper in permanently as im not happy the last 3 seasons we have had loanees with a variety of success each time.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 12:04 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Bolton signed Eoin Doyle yesterday as well, who will be on a high wage. I think some clubs are on a signing spree hoping there might be some leeway when/ if the cap comes in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 1:11 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Bolton signed Eoin Doyle yesterday as well, who will be on a high wage. I think some clubs are on a signing spree hoping there might be some leeway when/ if the cap comes in.

i believe you are right there. no other way to put it and if the efl are very strict they will be forced to off load him in january.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next