The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 one final cash injection

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill



Posts : 1092
Join date : 2012-01-24

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 6:01 pm

Hallet and his family own about 95% I think of PAFC

The simple fact of the matter is that he either puts in a lump sum now, or covers future losses as the occur, or increases Club debt, which decreases the value of his share in the Club.

When JB was in the same situation, he either got the begging buckets out or asked the City Council for money. I started questioning JB role in taking over Argyle from day one, when he made it clear he wasn't going to pay non playing staff the wages they were owned as he wasn't legally liable to do so. I questioned his stance on this as morally wrong. And also asked (still waiting for an answer) why Newell as the chief cheer leader on Pasoti and Webb as an elected fans representative supported JB's takeover and openly opposed/denied any other options, when there was nothing in JB's plans to warrant such support -as the EFL admitted when they "reluctantly" allowed him the Golden Share.

My concern with the current situation is that we are again seeing things presented in a slightly skewed way. The Club/Hallet statement makes it look like SH is "giving" money to a separate entity. He isn't.

Hallet certainly isn't Brent, but he is guilty of using "smoke and mirrors" when it suits

I just get a tad suspicious when people try to hide the facts from the fans.

My complaint
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 13159
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 35

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Hallet and his family own about 95% I think of PAFC

The simple fact of the matter is that he either puts in a lump sum now, or covers future losses as the occur, or increases Club debt, which decreases the value of his share in the Club.

When JB was in the same situation, he either got the begging buckets out or asked the City Council for money. I started questioning JB role in taking over Argyle from day one, when he made it clear he wasn't going to pay non playing staff the wages they were owned as he wasn't legally liable to do so. I questioned his stance on this as morally wrong. And also asked (still waiting for an answer) why Newell as the chief cheer leader on Pasoti and Webb as an elected fans representative supported JB's takeover and openly opposed/denied any other options, when there was nothing in JB's plans to warrant such support -as the EFL  admitted when they "reluctantly" allowed him the Golden Share.

My concern with the current situation is that we are again seeing things presented in a slightly skewed way. The Club/Hallet statement makes it look like SH is "giving" money to a separate entity. He isn't.

Hallet certainly isn't Brent, but he is guilty of using "smoke and mirrors" when it suits

I just get a tad suspicious when people try to hide the facts from the fans.

My complaint

he will get it back or the majority at least when the club is sold. no owner anywhere invests money and doesnt get it back unless they have bottomless resources.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8963
Join date : 2011-10-23

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Hallet and his family own about 95% I think of PAFC

The simple fact of the matter is that he either puts in a lump sum now, or covers future losses as the occur, or increases Club debt, which decreases the value of his share in the Club.

When JB was in the same situation, he either got the begging buckets out or asked the City Council for money. I started questioning JB role in taking over Argyle from day one, when he made it clear he wasn't going to pay non playing staff the wages they were owned as he wasn't legally liable to do so. I questioned his stance on this as morally wrong. And also asked (still waiting for an answer) why Newell as the chief cheer leader on Pasoti and Webb as an elected fans representative supported JB's takeover and openly opposed/denied any other options, when there was nothing in JB's plans to warrant such support -as the EFL  admitted when they "reluctantly" allowed him the Golden Share.

My concern with the current situation is that we are again seeing things presented in a slightly skewed way. The Club/Hallet statement makes it look like SH is "giving" money to a separate entity. He isn't.

Hallet certainly isn't Brent, but he is guilty of using "smoke and mirrors" when it suits

I just get a tad suspicious when people try to hide the facts from the fans.

My complaint

he will get it back or the majority at least when the club is sold. no owner anywhere invests money and doesnt get it back unless they have bottomless resources.

For the umpteenth time, for Hallett to get any sort of favourable return on the shares he acquires ( for piling money into the club to keep it afloat) then Argyle will have to be in a position whereby the value of the club is high. For the value of the club to be high - and worth selling, or in fact even attracting a would-be investor, that means we would almost certainly need to be in the Championship.

That is why as far as the club are concerned, it is win win. The only possible  financial loser in Halletts investment plan....is Simon Hallett! Because he owns shares that will way over exceed the true market value of the club - again, UNLESS the club is in a great position financially.

Again for the umpteenth time, this is why what Hallett is doing is fantastic for the club, because it is massively in Halletts personal interests to make Argyle successful.

This clearly passes Grovey by as he is just bizarrely super keen on trying to find greed/evil/wrongdoing that simply ain’t there. As for smoke and mirrors, what the actual feck are you on about? Hallett (and the other financial director guy) have just produced the most comprehensively transparent financial report I can ever remember reading from any owner, ever.

Just bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 262
Join date : 2020-03-25

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 7:30 pm

I don’t think he believes what he writes, just trying to be a bit rebellious to stimulate responses but you’d have to be a real deep conspiracy theorist to create one about SH, not sure we’ve got any on ATD, well maybe the odd one perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6658
Join date : 2017-09-09

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 7:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Hallet and his family own about 95% I think of PAFC

The simple fact of the matter is that he either puts in a lump sum now, or covers future losses as the occur, or increases Club debt, which decreases the value of his share in the Club.

When JB was in the same situation, he either got the begging buckets out or asked the City Council for money. I started questioning JB role in taking over Argyle from day one, when he made it clear he wasn't going to pay non playing staff the wages they were owned as he wasn't legally liable to do so. I questioned his stance on this as morally wrong. And also asked (still waiting for an answer) why Newell as the chief cheer leader on Pasoti and Webb as an elected fans representative supported JB's takeover and openly opposed/denied any other options, when there was nothing in JB's plans to warrant such support -as the EFL  admitted when they "reluctantly" allowed him the Golden Share.

My concern with the current situation is that we are again seeing things presented in a slightly skewed way. The Club/Hallet statement makes it look like SH is "giving" money to a separate entity. He isn't.

Hallet certainly isn't Brent, but he is guilty of using "smoke and mirrors" when it suits

I just get a tad suspicious when people try to hide the facts from the fans.

My complaint

he will get it back or the majority at least when the club is sold. no owner anywhere invests money and doesnt get it back unless they have bottomless resources.

For the umpteenth time, for Hallett to get any sort of favourable return on the shares he acquires ( for piling money into the club to keep it afloat) then Argyle will have to be in a position whereby the value of the club is high. For the value of the club to be high - and worth selling, or in fact even attracting a would-be investor, that means we would almost certainly need to be in the Championship.

That is why as far as the club are concerned, it is win win. The only possible  financial loser in Halletts investment plan....is Simon Hallett! Because he owns shares that will way over exceed the true market value of the club - again, UNLESS the club is in a great position financially.

Again for the umpteenth time, this is why what Hallett is doing is fantastic for the club, because it is massively in Halletts personal interests to make Argyle successful.

This clearly passes Grovey by as he is just bizarrely super keen on trying to find greed/evil/wrongdoing that simply ain’t there. As for smoke and mirrors, what the actual feck are you on about? Hallett  (and the other financial director guy) have just produced the most comprehensively transparent financial report I can ever remember reading from any owner, ever.

Just bizarre.

Groves opinion is neither right or wrong it's simply an opinion and Tbf to him he was never a Brentite. I disagree about Hallett getting us to the CCC I really think that would take a real dose of luck and I'd say it was possible rather than probable. Fair enough he's put in millions and much more than any other owner but he's upfront about how much money he's willing to invest, he isn't a gambler but even after his millions our squad will be funded by up to a maximum of 15,000 fans (who we all know are fickle unless it's going great) and the projected million (lol) from the prawn sarnies. Living within our means as its known, weve been there for he last forty years and always see any real talent we get go north pretty rapidly. League 1 will be our ceiling under this business model. I'm well happy with Hallett now but I hope in a couple of years he either shits or gets off the pot. That's spoken as an Argyle fan rather than a bosses fan.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6022
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 7:55 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Groves opinion is neither right or wrong it's simply an opinion and Tbf to him he was never a Brentite. I disagree about Hallett getting us to the CCC I really think that would take a real dose of luck and I'd say it was possible rather than probable. Fair enough he's put in millions and much more than any other owner but he's upfront about how much money he's willing to invest, he isn't a gambler but even after his millions our squad will be funded by up to a maximum of 15,000 fans (who we all know are fickle unless it's going great) and the projected million (lol) from the prawn sarnies. Living within our means as its known, weve been there for he last forty years and always see any real talent we get go north pretty rapidly. League 1 will be our ceiling under this business model. I'm well happy with Hallett now but I hope in a couple of years he either shits or gets off the pot. That's spoken as an Argyle fan rather than a bosses fan.

Says the man who has a dig at Hallett any time he can.   Anyway...  Who or what is your vision of who is going to take over from SH and how are they going to be better?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 13159
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 35

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Hallet and his family own about 95% I think of PAFC

The simple fact of the matter is that he either puts in a lump sum now, or covers future losses as the occur, or increases Club debt, which decreases the value of his share in the Club.

When JB was in the same situation, he either got the begging buckets out or asked the City Council for money. I started questioning JB role in taking over Argyle from day one, when he made it clear he wasn't going to pay non playing staff the wages they were owned as he wasn't legally liable to do so. I questioned his stance on this as morally wrong. And also asked (still waiting for an answer) why Newell as the chief cheer leader on Pasoti and Webb as an elected fans representative supported JB's takeover and openly opposed/denied any other options, when there was nothing in JB's plans to warrant such support -as the EFL  admitted when they "reluctantly" allowed him the Golden Share.

My concern with the current situation is that we are again seeing things presented in a slightly skewed way. The Club/Hallet statement makes it look like SH is "giving" money to a separate entity. He isn't.

Hallet certainly isn't Brent, but he is guilty of using "smoke and mirrors" when it suits

I just get a tad suspicious when people try to hide the facts from the fans.

My complaint

he will get it back or the majority at least when the club is sold. no owner anywhere invests money and doesnt get it back unless they have bottomless resources.

For the umpteenth time, for Hallett to get any sort of favourable return on the shares he acquires ( for piling money into the club to keep it afloat) then Argyle will have to be in a position whereby the value of the club is high. For the value of the club to be high - and worth selling, or in fact even attracting a would-be investor, that means we would almost certainly need to be in the Championship.

That is why as far as the club are concerned, it is win win. The only possible  financial loser in Halletts investment plan....is Simon Hallett! Because he owns shares that will way over exceed the true market value of the club - again, UNLESS the club is in a great position financially.

Again for the umpteenth time, this is why what Hallett is doing is fantastic for the club, because it is massively in Halletts personal interests to make Argyle successful.

This clearly passes Grovey by as he is just bizarrely super keen on trying to find greed/evil/wrongdoing that simply ain’t there. As for smoke and mirrors, what the actual feck are you on about? Hallett  (and the other financial director guy) have just produced the most comprehensively transparent financial report I can ever remember reading from any owner, ever.

Just bizarre.

so again once he sells the clu b he should make good on his money nothing wrong with that in my eyes,
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1092
Join date : 2012-01-24

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Where have I "had a go at" SH?

I've just said he's a different kettle of fish to Brent. I've also pointed out a number of times that the better the team does, the better he does, and that's as it should be.

I just think the current "spin" (Simon Hallet says he will give one last "susbtanial amount" of money to the club) inferring that he's lobbing cash at a basket case as some sort of benevolent act is disingenuous.

He's not "giving" money to PAFC, it's his business, he's giving his own money to himself! Do any other businessmen trumpet the fact that they are putting money into their own business because it's not profitable?

The truth is, he, like nearly every previous owner of the Club, is covering the club's losses, end of story

But that doesn't make a good press release.


What everyone should be really concerned about, however is that even before Covid, this business expert couldn't make a club with some of the best attendances in L1 and L2 (and better than some in the Championship) break even.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5765
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 8:51 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Erald comment today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 Zak Brown  @zakbrownz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]








[ltr]James Brent did great for us in difficult time’s, But Simon Hallet is just incredible! How did we get this lucky as a club!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 [/ltr]

Six years in the Basement, yea Brent was great.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5765
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 8:55 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Absolutely no chance of that Suffs!
Jimmy and his former daughter director, are massive fans according to a well know leg humper, im sure a cheque's in the post. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6658
Join date : 2017-09-09

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 10:20 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Groves opinion is neither right or wrong it's simply an opinion and Tbf to him he was never a Brentite. I disagree about Hallett getting us to the CCC I really think that would take a real dose of luck and I'd say it was possible rather than probable. Fair enough he's put in millions and much more than any other owner but he's upfront about how much money he's willing to invest, he isn't a gambler but even after his millions our squad will be funded by up to a maximum of 15,000 fans (who we all know are fickle unless it's going great) and the projected million (lol) from the prawn sarnies. Living within our means as its known, weve been there for he last forty years and always see any real talent we get go north pretty rapidly. League 1 will be our ceiling under this business model. I'm well happy with Hallett now but I hope in a couple of years he either shits or gets off the pot. That's spoken as an Argyle fan rather than a bosses fan.

Says the man who has a dig at Hallett any time he can.   Anyway...  Who or what is your vision of who is going to take over from SH and how are they going to be better?

Says the man expressing opinions on a football forum. Anyway unless you're stupid it would be plain as day that the successor to Hallett should have money that he or she is willing to invest in the team over and above what the sustainable club model can be provide thereby giving us a fighting chance of competing at a higher level than we do now.
And why shouldn't I criticise Hallett? He's never bought me lunch.
This place is turning into pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6022
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Groves opinion is neither right or wrong it's simply an opinion and Tbf to him he was never a Brentite. I disagree about Hallett getting us to the CCC I really think that would take a real dose of luck and I'd say it was possible rather than probable. Fair enough he's put in millions and much more than any other owner but he's upfront about how much money he's willing to invest, he isn't a gambler but even after his millions our squad will be funded by up to a maximum of 15,000 fans (who we all know are fickle unless it's going great) and the projected million (lol) from the prawn sarnies. Living within our means as its known, weve been there for he last forty years and always see any real talent we get go north pretty rapidly. League 1 will be our ceiling under this business model. I'm well happy with Hallett now but I hope in a couple of years he either shits or gets off the pot. That's spoken as an Argyle fan rather than a bosses fan.

Says the man who has a dig at Hallett any time he can.   Anyway...  Who or what is your vision of who is going to take over from SH and how are they going to be better?

Says the man expressing opinions on a football forum. Anyway unless you're stupid it would be plain as day that the successor to Hallett should have money that he or she is willing to invest in the team over and above what the sustainable club model can be provide thereby giving us a fighting chance of competing at a higher level than we do now.
And why shouldn't I criticise Hallett? He's never bought me lunch.
This place is turning into pasoti.

and unless you're even 'stupider', you'd know that we have never had one of those in our history!  Neither has anyone ever identified a possible candidate.  

Anyway...  What are you saying?  You want one of those rich capitalist pigs- that you despise so much -  and that look down on you, and take you for everything you've got, You want the type of people you dislike so much to be owning and running the club?

As for this place turning into Pasoti?  Lol.  Says a lot about your insightfulness...
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5779
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 5:19 am

He's off again so clearly time for a quick spray.......you know it makes sense

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6022
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 5:49 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
He's off again so clearly time for a quick spray.......you know it makes sense


Nothing you say makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8963
Join date : 2011-10-23

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 7:56 am

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Hallet and his family own about 95% I think of PAFC

The simple fact of the matter is that he either puts in a lump sum now, or covers future losses as the occur, or increases Club debt, which decreases the value of his share in the Club.

When JB was in the same situation, he either got the begging buckets out or asked the City Council for money. I started questioning JB role in taking over Argyle from day one, when he made it clear he wasn't going to pay non playing staff the wages they were owned as he wasn't legally liable to do so. I questioned his stance on this as morally wrong. And also asked (still waiting for an answer) why Newell as the chief cheer leader on Pasoti and Webb as an elected fans representative supported JB's takeover and openly opposed/denied any other options, when there was nothing in JB's plans to warrant such support -as the EFL  admitted when they "reluctantly" allowed him the Golden Share.

My concern with the current situation is that we are again seeing things presented in a slightly skewed way. The Club/Hallet statement makes it look like SH is "giving" money to a separate entity. He isn't.

Hallet certainly isn't Brent, but he is guilty of using "smoke and mirrors" when it suits

I just get a tad suspicious when people try to hide the facts from the fans.

My complaint

he will get it back or the majority at least when the club is sold. no owner anywhere invests money and doesnt get it back unless they have bottomless resources.

For the umpteenth time, for Hallett to get any sort of favourable return on the shares he acquires ( for piling money into the club to keep it afloat) then Argyle will have to be in a position whereby the value of the club is high. For the value of the club to be high - and worth selling, or in fact even attracting a would-be investor, that means we would almost certainly need to be in the Championship.

That is why as far as the club are concerned, it is win win. The only possible  financial loser in Halletts investment plan....is Simon Hallett! Because he owns shares that will way over exceed the true market value of the club - again, UNLESS the club is in a great position financially.

Again for the umpteenth time, this is why what Hallett is doing is fantastic for the club, because it is massively in Halletts personal interests to make Argyle successful.

This clearly passes Grovey by as he is just bizarrely super keen on trying to find greed/evil/wrongdoing that simply ain’t there. As for smoke and mirrors, what the actual feck are you on about? Hallett  (and the other financial director guy) have just produced the most comprehensively transparent financial report I can ever remember reading from any owner, ever.

Just bizarre.

so again once he sells the clu b he should make good on his money nothing wrong with that in my eyes,

Of course yeah there is nothing wrong with that. My point Angers was that to get to that point where someone is willing to pay Hallett an upward return on his shares, Argyle are going to have to be in an infinitely better position than they are now.

So once again Argyle gain from Hallett putting his cash into the club, and the only person risking his own cash, is Hallett!

It is totally unprecedented in the entire history of our club. I really struggle with how or why anyone would try and put a negative spin on this.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 262
Join date : 2020-03-25

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 9:24 am

I think the issue is with some posters they are running out things to have a moan at, Brent's out of it, Newell and his forum are a busted flush, so let’s make something up.
Harve has his trolling issue with himself and meanwhile CV19 is still killing more people in the UK than the rest of the European countries combined and we still have a racist issue around the world
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6658
Join date : 2017-09-09

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 10:12 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Groves opinion is neither right or wrong it's simply an opinion and Tbf to him he was never a Brentite. I disagree about Hallett getting us to the CCC I really think that would take a real dose of luck and I'd say it was possible rather than probable. Fair enough he's put in millions and much more than any other owner but he's upfront about how much money he's willing to invest, he isn't a gambler but even after his millions our squad will be funded by up to a maximum of 15,000 fans (who we all know are fickle unless it's going great) and the projected million (lol) from the prawn sarnies. Living within our means as its known, weve been there for he last forty years and always see any real talent we get go north pretty rapidly. League 1 will be our ceiling under this business model. I'm well happy with Hallett now but I hope in a couple of years he either shits or gets off the pot. That's spoken as an Argyle fan rather than a bosses fan.

Says the man who has a dig at Hallett any time he can.   Anyway...  Who or what is your vision of who is going to take over from SH and how are they going to be better?

Says the man expressing opinions on a football forum. Anyway unless you're stupid it would be plain as day that the successor to Hallett should have money that he or she is willing to invest in the team over and above what the sustainable club model can be provide thereby giving us a fighting chance of competing at a higher level than we do now.
And why shouldn't I criticise Hallett? He's never bought me lunch.
This place is turning into pasoti.

and unless you're even 'stupider', you'd know that we have never had one of those in our history!  Neither has anyone ever identified a possible candidate.  

Anyway...  What are you saying?  You want one of those rich capitalist pigs- that you despise so much -  and that look down on you, and take you for everything you've got, You want the type of people you dislike so much to be owning and running the club?

As for this place turning into Pasoti?  Lol.  Says a lot about your insightfulness...

Just as a last word as debate is pointless with your Newellesque responses,
Firstly I am not against the capitalist model per se I am anti the total uncaring capilist society that we live in, Hallett is a cpailist pig (your words not mine) yet I broadly support him and his aims for the club. As for Hallett being our only option lol you're sounding like Nool again, "there really are no other options other than Brent" it hasn't seemed to hinder many other clubs finding the right owner. Maybe Hallett will prove me wrong in which case I will happily hold my hand and admit I was wrong but just going on the words of the man himself I think there isn't a lot of hope of being more than a league 1/league 2 Yoyo club.
You need to stop being so protective and just make a little bit of effort to understand that opinions are just that and that is exactly what this forum is for. Shorely it's not a difficult concept to understand, until you do I'm refusing to engage with you further. Crack on bhey.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1092
Join date : 2012-01-24

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 11:37 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Hallet and his family own about 95% I think of PAFC

The simple fact of the matter is that he either puts in a lump sum now, or covers future losses as the occur, or increases Club debt, which decreases the value of his share in the Club.

When JB was in the same situation, he either got the begging buckets out or asked the City Council for money. I started questioning JB role in taking over Argyle from day one, when he made it clear he wasn't going to pay non playing staff the wages they were owned as he wasn't legally liable to do so. I questioned his stance on this as morally wrong. And also asked (still waiting for an answer) why Newell as the chief cheer leader on Pasoti and Webb as an elected fans representative supported JB's takeover and openly opposed/denied any other options, when there was nothing in JB's plans to warrant such support -as the EFL  admitted when they "reluctantly" allowed him the Golden Share.

My concern with the current situation is that we are again seeing things presented in a slightly skewed way. The Club/Hallet statement makes it look like SH is "giving" money to a separate entity. He isn't.

Hallet certainly isn't Brent, but he is guilty of using "smoke and mirrors" when it suits

I just get a tad suspicious when people try to hide the facts from the fans.

My complaint

he will get it back or the majority at least when the club is sold. no owner anywhere invests money and doesnt get it back unless they have bottomless resources.

For the umpteenth time, for Hallett to get any sort of favourable return on the shares he acquires ( for piling money into the club to keep it afloat) then Argyle will have to be in a position whereby the value of the club is high. For the value of the club to be high - and worth selling, or in fact even attracting a would-be investor, that means we would almost certainly need to be in the Championship.

That is why as far as the club are concerned, it is win win. The only possible  financial loser in Halletts investment plan....is Simon Hallett! Because he owns shares that will way over exceed the true market value of the club - again, UNLESS the club is in a great position financially.

Again for the umpteenth time, this is why what Hallett is doing is fantastic for the club, because it is massively in Halletts personal interests to make Argyle successful.

This clearly passes Grovey by as he is just bizarrely super keen on trying to find greed/evil/wrongdoing that simply ain’t there. As for smoke and mirrors, what the actual feck are you on about? Hallett  (and the other financial director guy) have just produced the most comprehensively transparent financial report I can ever remember reading from any owner, ever.

Just bizarre.

so again once he sells the clu b he should make good on his money nothing wrong with that in my eyes,

Of course yeah there is nothing wrong with that. My point Angers was that to get to that point where someone is willing to pay Hallett an upward return on his shares, Argyle are going to have to be in an infinitely better position than they are now.

So once again Argyle gain from Hallett putting his cash into the club, and the only person risking his own cash, is Hallett!

It is totally unprecedented in the entire history of our club. I really struggle with how or why anyone would try and put a negative spin on this.


Must question the end of your post.

Robert Daniel was sole owner and lost money. the group that took over from him, Bloom etc. got the Club promoted and still lost money. The sold to Dan 666 who, whatever you think of him, lost a lot of money before selling to Stapes & Co. The rest, I expect you know.

30 years ago, it was expected that you would lose money buying/taking over a football club and nobody made a song and dance about how much they lost. At the end of the day, when you got fed up with losing money, there was always someone (usually another local businessman/fan) willing to take over.

The trouble nowadays is that the sums involved at all levels of football mean that anyone taking over a football club needs probably tens of millions rather than a "mere" 5 figure sum. That for a provincial Club like Argyle rules out a well to do local fan. So you get overseas investors (some may just be front men) getting involved and chasing the dream of big bucks in the PL or Championship to get a return on their investment.

Going on recent comments from SH, it seems he has realised that isn't achievable in the short term at Argyle and he's tightening the reins. Given the money he's put in, he must realise that no one is going to buy the Club off him for anything like what he has put into it. The gamble of building a venue for mass gatherings has failed due to circumstances no one could predict
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 262
Join date : 2020-03-25

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 11:58 am

Negativity rules! he hasn’t failed, anything but, it’s going to be hard times but it will get better just not as quick as we would like.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 59

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Is Jim the only fella ever walked away from owning Argo with a profit?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6658
Join date : 2017-09-09

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Graiser wrote:
Negativity rules! he hasn’t failed, anything but, it’s going to be hard times but it will get better just not as quick as we would like.

If you read what Grovey actually says he's alluding to the prawn sarnies Buffett being deserted due to Covid it's not negativity it's a fact.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8963
Join date : 2011-10-23

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 3:56 pm

But again it’s more Grovey nonsense. Building the new conference facilities isn’t ‘a gamble that has failed’. In 6 months12 months 2, 3, 4 years they’ll still be here long after Coronavirus.

That’s apart from the fact that building it hasn’t cost Argyle a penny!



Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8963
Join date : 2011-10-23

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 3:58 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Is Jim the only fella ever walked away from owning Argo with a profit?

He bleeds green. He was worth every penny he extracted from the club.

Yours Faithfully

Nip Nip Newell.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 262
Join date : 2020-03-25

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 4:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Negativity rules! he hasn’t failed, anything but, it’s going to be hard times but it will get better just not as quick as we would like.

If you read what Grovey actually says he's alluding to the prawn sarnies Buffett being deserted due to Covid it's not negativity it's a fact.

And if you read what I’ve wrote you will realise I’m referring to all the nonsense being written about SH
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1092
Join date : 2012-01-24

one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 5:48 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
But again it’s more Grovey nonsense. Building the new conference facilities isn’t  ‘a gamble that has failed’. In 6 months12 months 2, 3, 4 years they’ll still be here long after Coronavirus.

That’s apart from the fact that building it hasn’t cost Argyle a penny!





What is this "Argyle" your refer to?

You are, like some others, regarding "Argyle" as a separate entity to the business which belongs to SH. The football team, the property, including the stands and the hospitality areas etc.etc. are all part of the business that SH owns. You make it sound as though the "Club" is some separate business totally unconnected with SH.

It could be years before entertainment & hospitality returns to anything like normality, but the conference facilities as you term them, still have to be paid for.

Would you buy a hotel in the current climate, yet alone try to launch a new venture where none existed before?


As was abundantly evident when Brent "saved us" most football fans have a poor grasp of business
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one final cash injection   one final cash injection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
one final cash injection
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: