mouldyoldgoat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 6:27 pm

What has happened to the government of reconciliation you were talking about with Hunt the cnut as PM and slimey as number two. Changed your mind yet again?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Boris is doing such a good job for the Tories, long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 11:01 am

Local lockdown on the horizon then ?

Plymouth have reported small clusters dotted about the place.

Plymstock Goosewell and Staddiscombe (3)
Plympton Underwood (3)
Mannamead and Hartley (4)
North Prospect (4)

Cluster in Ivybridge also (3)
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 2:30 pm

17 out of nearly a 300k population! 0.0056666666666667%! Nothing to see. move along.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 9:56 am

Watched Spotlight last night and they said there were 33 cases.The Plymouth rate per 100,000 had gone up from 7.2 to 12.6.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 am

The 'Zante 9' will account for a good proportion of Plymouth cases.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 10:31 am

Cases will rise exponentially with the increase in testing. The BBC, i,e Spotlight and the Evnin Arold are getting all excited over not much, but that's local media for you. Time to live with the virus instead of putting bags on our heads and hunkering down in the broom cupboard. I think we've got a grip on this virus now. No use waiting for a vaccine. We may never get one!

We need to get this shit-ridden, rat-infested shit hole lump of rock called the UK going again.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 9:41 pm

Normal life now!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 am

Elias wrote:
Normal life now!

Yeah, I am getting that feeling too.

Not good in Bolton, 99 cases per 100,000 a week and the highest in England. 90% of cases aged 18 to 49.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 am

A story on BBC the other night, quoting an article in the Lancet I think, saying the virus has mutated into a less harmful form (as this type ofvirus tends to do over time), hence the higher number of cases but lower number of deaths.
It was a very short piece as like all media & indeed some here good news is not to be encouraged.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 11:28 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
A story on BBC the other night,  quoting an article in the Lancet I think, saying the virus has mutated into a less harmful form (as this type ofvirus tends to do over time), hence the higher number of cases but lower number of deaths.
It was a very short piece as like all media & indeed some here good news is not to be encouraged.

That is good news that the virus is weakening.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 11:39 am

perhaps it will become like the flu, an annual jab and hope for the best.

I got the flu jab last year in Boots, now Matt Hancock is in charge even Nurses can give it............, the pharmacist offered me a pneumonia jab too, like a twat I declined.

Just waiting for the appointments to start now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 11:46 am

seadog wrote:
perhaps it will become like the flu, an annual jab and hope for the best.

I got the flu jab last year in Boots, now Matt Hancock is in charge even Nurses can give it............, the pharmacist offered me a pneumonia jab too, like a twat I declined.

Just waiting for the appointments to start now.

get in quick as i sense many will want one tis year despite that jab not going to squat for corona just general flu.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Flu is still going to be there along with all the usual shite. Us old timers need to be cautious.
Back to top Go down
Jim and Wilson

Jim and Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 5:51 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
A story on BBC the other night,  quoting an article in the Lancet I think, saying the virus has mutated into a less harmful form (as this type ofvirus tends to do over time), hence the higher number of cases but lower number of deaths.

That sounds like a positive news story I’m surprised it was published anywhere.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 9:55 am

Nearly 3,000 cases reported yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 10:13 am

The maths of CV19 don't make sense anymore either.

Where are we at now; highest number of confirmed cases since one day in May yet we're not hearing about rammed hospitals, the virus rampaging through care homes and an almost four figure daily death toll which was pretty much the only news back then.

So either the virus is now much weaker or there were thousands and thousands of unconfirmed cases three months back and it's already swept through large swathes of the population. It can't seriously be only the affluent young that are catching it at the moment surely.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 11:03 am

Covid19 losing it's strength....a report out is suggesting that......and younger (20/50 age group) people getting blase about it now....which will isolate older people from normal society.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 2:53 pm

I think "most" older people are still sensible about it, I will still try and avoid it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Greenlander wrote:

Where are we at now; highest number of confirmed cases since one day in May yet we're not hearing about rammed hospitals, the virus rampaging through care homes and an almost four figure daily death toll which was pretty much the only news back then.

So either the virus is now much weaker or there were thousands and thousands of unconfirmed cases three months back and it's already swept through large swathes of the population. It can't seriously be only the affluent young that are catching it at the moment surely.

I watched the itv news earlier and the chap who was reporting on the increases said it is either good testing, or there is much more virus in the community than thought.

He said that back in August, France was where the UK are now and look what has happened there. He went on to say that some schools in the UK are confirming cases, mostly among the teachers but, there are students confirmed too.

Anyone have a link to the report suggesting that the virus is weakening.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 6:34 pm

Greenlander wrote:

I read earlier that a report estimated that at the height of infection at the end of March, there were probably as many as 100,000 people a day being infected. Those infections weren't being picked up of course because only essential NHS staff were being tested back then.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 11:09 am

Sky reporting that the government are to reduce numbers of household get togethers. to curb this increase.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 9:59 pm

Youngest bhey got sent home from work early because a rigger who works on his site tested positive. Missus went to a routine health appointment and got told she had a temperature (hot flush foreshore) so got sent home. Both are booked in for a drive thru Covid test in Lanson tomorrow. Missus is pissed off because she knows she isnt I'll or been exposed, boy is pissed off because he knows he isn't ill either but he was hoping all Harves stories were true and it would take two weeks to get a test, he could well be back at work by Thursday.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 5:20 am

We could have done without this last night for sure. Astrazeneca were leading the way, hopefully whatever illness has occured didnt actually occur from the Vaccine itself

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 5:36 am

Keir Starmer warns UK's test-and-trace system on 'verge of collapse'

Would that be Sir Kier the "world beating" track and trace system Johnson claims perhaps lol ??

"Ministers concede lack of laboratory capacity for tests could take fortnight to resolve"

Perhaps as Earwig claims its one of Harves "stories".....rest assured chap I put up only 1% of what I actually could.

More alarming for any remaining lovers of Johnson (cant be many left here as most seem intelligent) is that whilst I actually only use my twitter for work related activities on a very limited basis I follow the political commentators who report it as they see it good and bad. The vitriolic tone and content against Johnson is literally off the scale.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next