The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Will Argyle follow Walsall

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu



Posts : 12075
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyMon May 18, 2020 10:20 pm

Walsall Chairman

There’s four home games left this season which may not be played and the likelihood is that they won’t be played,” he said.

“If that’s the case, there will of course be compensation due to the season ticket holders for games that weren’t played.

“Rest assured that we will give the option to the fans to have a refund on those four matches pro rata against their season ticket costs.

“Or, what I’d prefer you to do if I’m perfectly honest, is we’re going to put a package together which will give you more value than the refund would, which I’d ask you to consider.

“I would prefer you to take the package because I do not want cash coming out of the business at this moment in time.

“But I utterly respect that cash at the moment for families might be very tight – if you want the refund, you will get the refund.

“If you can not do that and take the package, which we’ll publish once we know the season is definitely over, then please consider taking that if you would.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5775
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 8:14 am

Tgwu wrote:
Walsall Chairman


“But I utterly respect that cash at the moment for families might be very tight – if you want the refund, you will get the refund.

.

Utter bollacks. (Not you TG lol)
If the person has bought a season ticket than to all extent and purposes the monies gone. Nobody buys a season ticket who is on a budget and then thinks no problem if the world has a Pandemic I'll get a partial refund

The dough is done and its ludicrous to suggest "monies might be tight" in relation to the ST in hindsight
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali



Posts : 7254
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 43
Location : Plymouth

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 8:44 am

I think that's why Argyle asked the question about season ticket refunds in the recent ST survey- to gauge opinion. I would imagine most would have answered keep the money.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 13133
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 35

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 9:12 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think that's why Argyle asked the question about season ticket refunds in the recent ST survey- to gauge opinion. I would imagine most would have answered keep the money.

they arent keeping the money like that as not everyone can write of almost £100 like that consider many took out loans to pay for those tickets. minimum the club should do is discount the money owed to an individual on the next season ticket sales or store credit if they wont hand back the money. no way should they just keep it with nothing in return.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1331
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
I think that's why Argyle asked the question about season ticket refunds in the recent ST survey- to gauge opinion. I would imagine most would have answered keep the money.

they arent keeping the money like that as not everyone can write of almost £100 like that consider many took out loans to pay for those tickets. minimum the club should do is discount the money owed to an individual on the next season ticket sales or store credit if they wont hand back the money. no way should they just keep it with nothing in return.

When Zebra finance collapsed and the club was looking for a new provider they alluded that it was important as around 70% of all season cards are purchased on finance. Add to that many may have bought on credit cards and still not paid it off.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 13133
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 35

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
I think that's why Argyle asked the question about season ticket refunds in the recent ST survey- to gauge opinion. I would imagine most would have answered keep the money.

they arent keeping the money like that as not everyone can write of almost £100 like that consider many took out loans to pay for those tickets. minimum the club should do is discount the money owed to an individual on the next season ticket sales or store credit if they wont hand back the money. no way should they just keep it with nothing in return.

When Zebra finance collapsed and the club was looking for a new provider they alluded that it was important as around 70% of all season cards are purchased on finance. Add to that many may have bought on credit cards and still not paid it off.

ive paid mine off months ago you had two options in repayments...
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1331
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Angry wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
I think that's why Argyle asked the question about season ticket refunds in the recent ST survey- to gauge opinion. I would imagine most would have answered keep the money.

they arent keeping the money like that as not everyone can write of almost £100 like that consider many took out loans to pay for those tickets. minimum the club should do is discount the money owed to an individual on the next season ticket sales or store credit if they wont hand back the money. no way should they just keep it with nothing in return.

When Zebra finance collapsed and the club was looking for a new provider they alluded that it was important as around 70% of all season cards are purchased on finance. Add to that many may have bought on credit cards and still not paid it off.

ive paid mine off months ago you had two options in repayments...

Mine finished in February as I bought mine the day they were released but if anyone signed up just before the season commenced then theres will not be paid off until May/June. Those will be the ones more peeved off watching the money continue to leave the bank each month for something they won't be using. The survey was an effort by the club to test the water to see just what they'll likely get away with regarding refunds or credits.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 4065
Join date : 2015-07-08

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Bollocks to that I’ve got 2 STs and 5 extra Exeter tickets I want my money back F#%K that
I thrown enough money in buckets over the years worse ways I want 5 Exeter refunded


Last edited by RegGreen on Tue May 19, 2020 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1331
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 1:41 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Bollocks to that I’ve got 2 STs and 5 extra Exeter tickets  I want my money back F#%K that
I thrown enough money in buckets over the years worse ways I want 5 Exeter refunded

Go through your credit card company or bank and get them to do a chargeback. I did one with my Barclaycard against a third party ticket agent and the money was back on the card before I'd even walked out of the branch.
Just say it's been 14 days with no reply when you've tried to engage and that's more than enough for the credit card company or bank.
Worst thing Argyle (or any merchant) can do in respect of this is hotlist your card so their PDQ and POS equipment auto declines your card in future. Easiest way to negate this is just order a new card.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 4065
Join date : 2015-07-08

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Bollocks to that I’ve got 2 STs and 5 extra Exeter tickets  I want my money back F#%K that
I thrown enough money in buckets over the years worse ways I want 5 Exeter refunded

Go through your credit card company or bank and get them to do a chargeback. I did one with my Barclaycard against a third party ticket agent and the money was back on the card before I'd even walked out of the branch.
Just say it's been 14 days with no reply when you've tried to engage and that's more than enough for the credit card company or bank.
Worst thing Argyle (or any merchant) can do in respect of this is hotlist your card so their PDQ and POS equipment auto declines your card in future. Easiest way to negate this is just order a new card.
I always go over there and pay cash for mine though have done for years
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6637
Join date : 2017-09-09

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyTue May 19, 2020 5:03 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Bollocks to that I’ve got 2 STs and 5 extra Exeter tickets  I want my money back F#%K that
I thrown enough money in buckets over the years worse ways I want 5 Exeter refunded

Go through your credit card company or bank and get them to do a chargeback. I did one with my Barclaycard against a third party ticket agent and the money was back on the card before I'd even walked out of the branch.
Just say it's been 14 days with no reply when you've tried to engage and that's more than enough for the credit card company or bank.
Worst thing Argyle (or any merchant) can do in respect of this is hotlist your card so their PDQ and POS equipment auto declines your card in future. Easiest way to negate this is just order a new card.
I always go over there and pay cash for mine though have done for years

Bastard, they don't want your sort round HP these days throwing your filthy bills around.
Back to top Go down
Mark Edwards



Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-08-22
Age : 53

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyThu May 21, 2020 5:31 pm

I think we have to appreciate that some people are now in dire straits financially and even a few quid back from their season ticket might keep the wolf from the door for a little while.

My hope is that Argyle offer a few options (for example cash refund, discount on next season's ST, ST holder donates the cash to PAFC or some kind of package like Walsall - perhaps a special event of some description or a free shirt...?).

That way each person can decide what is best for their circumstances.

I guess this was part of the reason for the survey.
Back to top Go down
POI

POI

Posts : 139
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyThu May 21, 2020 7:28 pm

I've never had a ST. T'was never worth my while, financially, with my wanky shit patterns.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 13133
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 35

Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall EmptyThu May 21, 2020 8:07 pm

i got sent an email today with code for season ticket holder discounts cause the new and improved site makes you add that manually now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle follow Walsall   Will Argyle follow Walsall Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Will Argyle follow Walsall
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: