RIP Tony Hooper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 6:36 pm

https://www.argylefanstrust.com/2020/04/20/rest-in-peace-tony/

Real shocker today, I know he used to take a bit of flak in the early days on ATD with some of the immediate post administration shenanigans but after all that I met him once or twice and he did seem like a lovely guy and his heart was certainly in the right place, used to fly the flag for the AFT on PASOTI which can never be an easy task among that lot and I admired him for that.

Was he not Tony Cholwell on PASOTI?

Well anyway RIP Tony Hooper.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 6:38 pm

Shocked to read that.

He was Tony Cholwell on the farm and on here I think too.

Had some run ins with him down the years but many respects to Tony and his family.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 6:58 pm

RIP Tony Hooper Tony_h10

A very sorrowful day and a complete shock.

I'm happy to say I had known Tony since 2009 when I took this picture inside "The Brit'.  We met by random chance and ended up staying friends.
I last saw him last year, once again in The Brit before Argyle played. We 'chatted' often over the years, the last time being on Christmas Eve..

He was a good guy.  He was much maligned on this site, imho opinion, very unfairly.

I shall miss him tremendously.

RIP Tony
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 7:00 pm

A nice guy that sadly died after contracting Covid 19. RIP Tony
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 7:47 pm

RIP

Admin
mouldyoldgoat

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 pm

RIP

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Very sad, RIP.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 9:53 pm

Another family ripped to pieces, RIP
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 9:05 am

Sad times. RIP Tony.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 2:37 pm

Tony and I didn't always see eye to eye, particularly where pasoti/ bent's supporters' board was concerned, although we never met in person.
In my frustration at the herd telling me to shut up and enjoy the ride, just before I experienced terminal floodlight failure on Napoleon's Farm, I vowed to walk from Tring to Plymouth and buy everyone who turned up a pasty and a pint if........Argyle got to the PL with 'Trust in Stapes ' and his outclassed board in charge.
Whilst most other respondents, in their own words would rather have drunk piss than have one on me, Tony responded cheerily that 'he'd be there' lol
RIP Pilgrim
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 6:08 pm

He seemed to have the best interests of the club at heart, unlike the toadies who were only interested in being real mates with Jimmy, as shown by the stick he took of Chopper and the Pack when he tried to push the AFT, on the site money can buy. RIP Tony.
Back to top Go down
green_fiend

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 3:49 pm

A back pedalling thread. Was he not "Hooper The Snooper"?

He'll be missed. Cheers Tony.

Last edited by green_fiend on Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 4:11 pm

green_fiend wrote:

He'll missed. Cheers Tony.

he was indeed, i asked that very question in another thread. i also saw unless it was a misprint that he was the club vice president!!!! so if that is indeed true no one bs me that he wasnt a brentie and stooge who was rewarded for his acts against some members on here that go beyond supporting a football club.

greenjock i hope is well im sure he would tell us all what he was like to those who seem to have forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 4:18 pm

green_fiend wrote:

I have added some input on the PASOTI thread.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 5:19 pm

Angry wrote:
green_fiend wrote:

he was indeed, i asked that very question in another thread. i also saw unless it was a misprint that he was the club vice president!!!! so if that is indeed true no one bs me that he wasnt a brentie and stooge who was rewarded for his acts against some members on here that go beyond supporting a football club.

greenjock i hope is well im sure he would tell us all what he was like to those who seem to have forgotten.

I think he was a member of the Vice Presidents club, not the vice president.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/july/vice-presidents-dinner/
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:27 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Angry wrote:
green_fiend wrote:

I think he was a member of the Vice Presidents club, not the vice president.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/july/vice-presidents-dinner/

this is what i went by.

https://twitter.com/Only1Argyle/status/1252264031349604360

Plymouth Argyle FC (@House with garden)
@Only1Argyle
Everyone at the club is very sorry to hear of the sad passing of supporter and Vice President Tony Hooper.

Our sincere condolences go out to Tony's family at this sad time. RIP Pilgrim #pafc Green heart
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:57 pm

See what you mean, the wording from Argyle does read as though he were vice president.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:39 pm

green_fiend wrote:

He'll be missed. Cheers Tony.

Yes he was.

Doesn't meant respects can't be paid still.

Bit of a cnutish move to try and use someone's death to point score isn't it?

Dickhead.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 3:05 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper EmptyFri May 08, 2020 10:05 am

Rickler wrote:
RIP Tony Hooper Tony_h10

A very sorrowful day and a complete shock.

I'm happy to say I had known Tony since 2009 when I took this picture inside "The Brit'.  We met by random chance and ended up staying friends.
I last saw him last year, once again in The Brit before Argyle played.  We 'chatted' often over the years, the last time being on Christmas Eve..

He was a good guy.  He was much maligned on this site, imho opinion, very unfairly.

I shall miss him tremendously.

RIP Tony

That's a really nice picture of him.

Although I met him a few times, sadly I only had one Trust meeting in which we both were present, and more astonishingly, I was speaking to him at great length behind the Mayflower for about half an hour before the Macclesfield match, which was the last game before all this started, which in turn was also his last game and the last time I would ever see him. Absolutely tragic for his family and for us as an Argyle family.

Rest in peace, Pilgrim Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Tony Hooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tony Hooper   RIP Tony Hooper Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Tony Hooper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: