Tgwu
Lord Melbury
Elias
sufferedsince 68
14 posters
AuthorMessage

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am

Sad news, just to think how different it could have turned out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:51 am

Last edited by Angry on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:53 am

RIP Dan.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:53 am

Sad news, he could have got Argyle to the top flight with different fortunes
Back to top Go down

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:00 pm

Elias wrote:

I genuinely believe that. He could have been our Jack Walker or Steve Gibson, Peter Shilton was the wrong choice at the wrong time and the club continues to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:07 pm

Didn’t mind Dan.
Put plenty of his own money in & didn’t suffer fools gladly so was never going to gain universal adulation from a fan base oversubscribed with half-wits. Made mistakes as everyone does.
Much rather him than a parasite like brent.
RIP Dan.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:13 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Didn’t mind Dan.
Put plenty of his own money in & didn’t suffer fools gladly so was never going to gain universal adulation from a fan base oversubscribed with half-wits. Made mistakes as everyone does.
RIP Dan.
Excellent post your Lordship, that sums it up for me.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:19 pm

RIP Dan.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:39 pm

Yeah it'll always be a case of what could have been under Dan. We had some amazing highs, but those lows were pretty bad.

He could be a stubborn one when pissed off, especially with his managers but so generous with them the next. Not just a rollercoaster, but a confusing one as well.

I spoke to him just the once at a service station on the way home from an away game, Preston I think it was and he came across as a decent bloke. I also stood in the Mayflower shouting 'McCauley out' up to him as well. He was really that kind of chairman.  

I addressed him as Mr McCauley then and I will again now... RIP Mr McCauley.

(And I hate to be that person, but if we have a thread recognising the death of someone associated with Argyle, please could we spell his name correctly).
Back to top Go down

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Elias wrote:

I genuinely believe that. He could have been our Jack Walker or Steve Gibson, Peter Shilton was the wrong choice at the wrong time and the club continues to pay for it.
There was something up as I remember an article that stated Shilton was earning more than George Graham at Arslick.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 1:27 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Didn’t mind Dan.
RIP Dan.

Excatly this for me. Never did get good airtime from the scum on PASOTI
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 2:03 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Elias wrote:

There was something up as I remember an article that stated Shilton was earning more than George Graham at Arslick.

lol if he was then by matchdays Shilts had blown the lot and instead hung around the Far Post bar trying to cadge drinks until I put him out of his misery and used to give him what had been bought for me

RIP Dan indeed....very nice guy and if anyone is in Nigel Bodnars Memories group you'll see the short post I put over Dan earlier which was typical of the man
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 2:16 pm

RIP Dan McCauley.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 3:24 pm

Pasoti seem to forget so much Dan brought in Paul Sturrock amongst other quality managers like Neil Warnock as well...

RIP Dan McCauley.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 3:35 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Pasoti seem to forget so much Dan brought in Paul Sturrock amongst other quality managers like Neil Warnock as well...

RIP Dan McCauley.

Very true well said
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 3:40 pm

He did manage to piss off all but about two and a half thousand of the fans by the end of his tenure but the good times were good. RIP.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 10:45 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
Didn’t mind Dan.
RIP Dan.
Excellent post your Lordship, that sums it up for me.

And me.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 11:04 am

Yep, LM sums it up nicely for me. RIP
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:34 pm

RIP Dan
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:26 pm

RIP Dan McAuley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Dan McAuley Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Dan McAuley   RIP Dan McAuley Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Dan McAuley
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: