HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moving Argyle from Home Park?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Moving Argyle from Home Park? Empty
PostSubject: Moving Argyle from Home Park?   Moving Argyle from Home Park? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:58 am

People ask what's in it for the Riddler if he owns Argyle the club, but not the 'property' that goes with it, the property that is needed for either the club or the owner to make money?

Easy... Just move the club!

If that were ever to happen, can you imagine the uproar?

My personal opinon is... Many Plymothians really don't support Argyle as such, but support whoever plays at Home Park, and I doubt they would continue to follow Argyle, even if the team were moved 10 miles outside the city.

LOL - Especially if it were moved ten miles West to 'Heaven on earth' itself, somewhere across the Tamar!

If the mountain won't come to the Riddler... Riddler can go to Heaney.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moving Argyle from Home Park?   Moving Argyle from Home Park? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 am

Truro Argyle!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving Argyle from Home Park?   Moving Argyle from Home Park? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:12 am

Rickler wrote:
.. Many Plymothians really don't support Argyle as such, but support whoever plays at Home Park,

Actually Ricks, you may well have a point there. ... it certainly has all the traits of some sort of repetitive addiction.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Moving Argyle from Home Park?   Moving Argyle from Home Park? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:15 am

As I understand it a large percentage of the support is from the Duchy anyway. Argyle IS Cornwall's League Team. That sizable percentage from west of the Tamar probably wouldn't be too bothered if Argyle were to relocate west, say, to Truro in a MKDons stylee and the two clubs were combined. I, however, wouldn't want anything to do with such an abomination.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving Argyle from Home Park?   Moving Argyle from Home Park? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:28 am

I mentioned this the day I heard his name mentioned. I think there's a real chance of the club moving from HP.

People are far too wrapped up with the covenant issues believing that HP is protected. Well it isn't and any covenant can be overturned without too many problems. The only issue will be what can be build on the land, not "if" the land can be built on.

People are also being suckered into believing that our councillors are fighting for the club. Well they aren't, they maybe giving that impression but the fact of the matter is that this is about commerce and business, not Argyle and football.

If you think Stapes was the champion spinner then just wait for what is about to hit us, the sad thing is, as always, most are going to fall for it.

Had we been liquidated we had a good chance of keeping HP, now it's very much in the balance.

The club as we know it is dead, it's only existing on life support!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving Argyle from Home Park?   Moving Argyle from Home Park? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:54 am

"Bidders discussion with Council have been 'fruitful'"

So our local councillors are helping us out eh!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Moving Argyle from Home Park?   Moving Argyle from Home Park? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:06 pm

I think in one of John Lloyds polls, the 6 fingered support ( Very Happy ) amounted to 15 - 20%. As a Janner, I wouldn't support an Argyle move to Truro etc.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moving Argyle from Home Park?   Moving Argyle from Home Park? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Too many teams are now just a collection of foreign mercenaries with a few UK players thrown in and virtually zero local connection anyway.

Even London clubs, a massive hinterland at hand, employ few British players let alone home grown talent.

The club and badge seem more important than any link with the local area.

Why should Argyle buck the trend?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving Argyle from Home Park?   Moving Argyle from Home Park? Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving Argyle from Home Park?
Page 1 of 1